RD 4 - Mudgee (vs Brisbane) - Sat 10th Nov

Johnno

3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Just spent a nice hour at Blackheath...markets on...short blast and we will be home :)

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

Just had lunch at Altitude cafe in Blackheath. Recommended 

Wondered if I was walking past any forumites :D

Glad to see neither of you caught anything contagious (as far as you know....).

Seriously, I'd prefer to travel to Mudgee every weekend than Spotless.

What a great weekend.

- Driving there was just a joy. The countryside is looking a little greener than I expected. Good for the farmers, but they clearly need more rain soon.

- The locals were so welcoming. They were so happy to have us in town. As a side note, I'm pleased that the several thousand of us who travelled were able to pump money into the local economy. Win-Win.

- Great to catch up with known forumites, and meet a few new one's. #Wanderersfamily

- Fantastic little stadium. Lacks atmosphere with it only half full, but it had an intimate feeling and fully felt that we were the fav's. Obviously!! (I only saw two Roar fans all day).

- Full credit to whoever looks after that stadium pitch. Fair dinkum, was Pirtek ever that good? Forget the Spotless and ANZ pot holed highways. Mudgee was a carpet.

- The game? Well, enough has been said on the game day thread. My opinion? So disappointed that we dropped 2 points. This game should have been ours after the start we had. I'm sure Marcus is on top of it.

- The racist comment? Been dealt with quickly so a non issue now, but let's just watch Kochie and his drones make the most of it. They can **** off.

All in all, a great weekend away.

Thanks to all the local people of Mudgee that I had a chance to chat to. Thanks for being so welcoming and accommodating. 

A few thoughts...

The drive down late Friday night was good. The 'I married my nephew' bogans were out & about in Lithgow's Maccas at 10.30m. Made sure to avoid the wombat who wandered onto the road just before Cullen Bullen, then the roos on the outskirts of Mudgee.

Saturday morning brekky at the Mudgee Brewery was tasty, especially when including the schooner of Porter to help wash down the big fry up. Looked around town, then over to Robert Stein's winery for a few reds with Edinburgh & his kin. Back to the Lawson Park Hotel where more forumites arrived and started in on an arvo of Cooper's Pale Ale and slabs of meat. From there to Kelly's where the RBB were keeping things busy. The march was a bit half-arsed, but still enjoyed it.

As for the game, well we threw 2 points away. Glen Willow is a neat little venue...would be happy to return (next time with a chairs millionaire). After the game back to the digs where Jess & I gave Balks the shits lol.

Sunday, brekky then off to Gulgong for a long around, then back to Mudgee for Remembrance Day ceremony. Cleared out and headed home not long after. Drove through Capertee and CB (shame the Royal there is closed), then deviated to Portland. Met up with Stringer and his family...great coincidence and lovely little town. After a feed back on the road. Stopped in Lithgow for a bit of a scrute, then up the Hartley Vale Road, back over the Mountains at a slow pace, and home...shagged out but very happy.

We MUST do this again!