Local Current Affairs Thread

wendybr

8 hours ago, wendybr said:

...integrity....fairness....accountability...

Lol

If only there was some system were every few years we were polled about who we wanted to represent us?

the sad thing is people don’t care enough to vote them out 

34 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

If only there was some system were every few years we were polled about who we wanted to represent us?

the sad thing is people don’t care enough to vote them out 

yep. 

Morals vs investment/dividends puts a lie to the values they're always banging on about.

10 hours ago, marron said:

Libs on insiders saying all workplaces have these sorts of issues.

Yep, orgies, bringing prostitutes on site, ******* in the prayer room, masturbating on desks, ****, upskirting clients, all common everywhere.

these people are deluded. 

I must have led a very sheltered existence. Although I did wok at a large financial services org that has had more than a couple of issues in the news 

searching for "sexy desk" did not result in anything I had really hoped for.

yes I know they just want to hang on to the balance of power but the guy has admitted to committing a criminal offence. 

where are qld police I wonder? now, who in government could lean on them so they wouldn't do anything..... hmmmmm

Imagine working in the private sector on a three year contract and while half way through the contract admitting to committing a crime as part of a long history of poor behavior that has led to serious negative publicity for the organisation.

I guarantee they wouldn't be allowed to serve out their contract on full pay while "stepping back from their duties" and promising not to apply for another three year contract that they never would have been awarded anyway.

1 hour ago, Davo said:

Imagine working in the private sector on a three year contract and while half way through the contract admitting to committing a crime as part of a long history of poor behavior that has led to serious negative publicity for the organisation.

I guarantee they wouldn't be allowed to serve out their contract on full pay while "stepping back from their duties" and promising not to apply for another three year contract that they never would have been awarded anyway.

Depends if you are fund manager or not? If you are then some companies will promote you 

Its an interesting time to be leader of the opposition...

Gov on the ropes over some things... and more than likely the gov by just doing almost nothing and playing we need to keep this guy so we don't loose power will hurt them ...

How do you respond.... remember I am sure there are some ALP stories out there as well... push to hard and it may backfire ...

I think this is the perfect time for Albo to not announce policy details he can claim Pandemic and needs to see the books... IMO the perfect time for Albo to announce the guiding principals the ALP will use if elected.... hold 10 big media briefings ...

John Howard did this about the same time in the election cycle when he was opp leader...

Libs are going to claim they shut the borders and that saved Australia, and they took on the Tech companies and won...

Interesting to see what Albo does over the next few weeks ... 

Edited by Midfielder
29 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Interesting to see what Albo does over the next few weeks ... 

He might just be happy wining and dining with his new lady friend?

Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon look loved-up at Hamilton premiere | Daily Mail Online

Apologies for posting Daily Mail items.  LOL!

Hey, remember that whole thing about how we needed to encourage study in STEM subjects and away from mickey mouse humanity woke subjects?

And remember that the market takes care of this stuff, I mean, we NEED STEM stuff because it's much more valuable, and it's cheaper to do, so we will build a society where people only do tertiary level study in things that are USEFUL?

Meanwhile them free speech loving economic rationalists are busy getting antsy about people actually using their free speech and threatening to sue while drawing comparisons between their opponents and the Nazis. Guess they were lucky to get themselves a good STEM education!

Go team.

5 hours ago, marron said:

Hey, remember that whole thing about how we needed to encourage study in STEM subjects and away from mickey mouse humanity woke subjects?

And remember that the market takes care of this stuff, I mean, we NEED STEM stuff because it's much more valuable, and it's cheaper to do, so we will build a society where people only do tertiary level study in things that are USEFUL?

Meanwhile them free speech loving economic rationalists are busy getting antsy about people actually using their free speech and threatening to sue while drawing comparisons between their opponents and the Nazis. Guess they were lucky to get themselves a good STEM education!

Go team.

Not to be a free marketeer type but this is the problem when governments mess around trying to manipulate the market to their own ends, it backfires as it creates weird incentives 

Libs thought Make humanities dearer and stem cheaper more kiddies will do STEM, (change the demand side) the reality was Unis offered less stem courses as they can’t afford to run them on the lower fees and can now make more money on higher fee humanities (so the intervention changed the supply side) as for students the rich ones don’t care about the fees anyway as their mommy and daddy have just been paying 50k a year for some private school, so it only effects the working class kids, and even then not as much as the government thought as it’s all just adding a bit on to an already big HECS debt that they won’t pay off for years anyway 

for a free market government they do like to tinker 

Sprout the free market, attempt to manipulate for idealogical reasons, these excellent economists didn't predict this happening even though they were told.

It's a ******* scam and no different to the evangelicals ******* around behind closed doors, or the bonuses paid out willy nilly to failures, the taking away of stimulus from the poor who will then contribute nothing. They know nothing; they are inept; they are charlatans. 

Meanwhile the pathetically nice Christian family I saw in the park yesterday will vote for them. The bloke splurging on a cheap pack of smokes in the corner shop will vote for them. The migrant kids with small business owning parents will vote for them. I despair sometimes I really do. 

• mack changed the title to Local Current Affairs Thread
  • mack locked this topic