A-League Men 2022/23 Matchweek 9

2 hours ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

WU aren't pretty at all but solid at the back. Remind me a little of us season 1 except we were more interesting to watch.

Isn't that sort of us this year solid at the back? 

However without Ninko we aren't going to score (at all) 

1 hour ago, Davo said:

We started the season with a solid defence, although in our last 7 league games we’ve only kept 2 clean sheets. We’ve conceded 7 goals in those 7 games but only scored 6.

Shows we need another quality AM. 

And Cleur may get his 5th yellow card next match. No Russell means we will need a backup. That used to be Carluccio but before the world cup he was on crutches. Hope is ready to tackle Perth (away) after we face the Bullsh1tters. 

4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Shows we need another quality AM. 

And Cleur may get his 5th yellow card next match. No Russell means we will need a backup. That used to be Carluccio but before the world cup he was on crutches. Hope is ready to tackle Perth (away) after we face the Bullsh1tters. 

Need a striker who scores too

I will quote from the relevant section from the LOTG

A player must not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous.

All items of jewellery (necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings, leather bands, rubber bands, etc.) are forbidden and must be removed. Using tape to cover jewellery is not permitted.

The players must be inspected before the start of the match and substitutes before they enter the field of play. If a player is wearing or using unauthorised/dangerous equipment or jewellery, the referee must order the player to:

remove the item

leave the field of play at the next stoppage if the player is unable or unwilling to comply

A player who refuses to comply or wears the item again must be cautioned.

23 minutes ago, Davo said:

I don’t remember the commentators making such a big deal about Natta back when he played for us.

The way they’re going it’s as if they’ve confused Natta with Nesta.

Natta is going to be a really really good player that we let him go and brought in Tongyik says a lot about our club 

And he has ace hair 

24 minutes ago, Davo said:

I don’t remember the commentators making such a big deal about Natta back when he played for us.

The way they’re going it’s as if they’ve confused Natta with Nesta.

Natta is going to be a really really good player that we let him go and brought in Tongyik says a lot about our club 

And he has ace hair 

The lad who scored do you think we could sign him 

46 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

It was ex-WSW assist (no G- no party) and other Messi who scored. Ex-WSW defender kept Ibusuki at bay. Sounds like we've been as very good development club???

Sotirio is the best attacker we have produced in our academy

I'm not saying he is good but name another one who isn't now playing NPL 

Provisional table depending on the Melbourne Derby outcome and deferred Perth v Brisbane game

1. Heartle$$ (19 points, played 8)
2. Wanderers (15 points, played 9)
3. Macarthur Bullsh1tters (14 pts, played 9)
4. CC Mariners (13 points, played 9)
5. Adelaide (12 points, played 9)
6. Newcastle (12 points, played 9)
7. Phoenix (11 points, played 9)
8. Brisbane (11 points, played 8)
9. Melb Victory (10 points, played 8)
10. Smurfs (10 points, played 9)
11. Fraudsters (10 points, played 9)
12. Perth (7 points, played 8)

46 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Sotirio is the best attacker we have produced in our academy

I wouldn't really class Sotirio as "our" academy player, he was almost 19 years old by the time he joined us from Marconi. Excluding him it's probably Najjarine and I wouldn't be surprised if he is released when his contract expires this season, or Marty Lo based off his success in Vietnam.