Fixture timings for the last 2 rounds announced

Melbourne City at Commbank Stadium on Saturday 20 April 2024, now slated to begin at 3:30pm

Melbourne Victory away at AAMI Park on Saturday 27 April 2024, now slated to begin at 7:45pm

https://aleagues.com.au/news/fixture-update-round-25-26-western-united-first-tarneit-home-games-aleague-men-confirmed-details/

14 hours ago, bozwanderer said:

Melbourne City at Commbank Stadium on Saturday 20 April 2024, now slated to begin at 3:30pm

Melbourne Victory away at AAMI Park on Saturday 27 April 2024, now slated to begin at 7:45pm

https://aleagues.com.au/news/fixture-update-round-25-26-western-united-first-tarneit-home-games-aleague-men-confirmed-details/

3:30pm on a Saturday arvo when grass roots season has started is completely stupid. Sometimes I wonder if they even want people to attend games? 

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

3:30pm on a Saturday arvo when grass roots season has started is completely stupid. Sometimes I wonder if they even want people to attend games? 

For me its disconnect between A-league and Grass roots and the districts. A-league not understanding its target audience, its what I comes down every single time, who is its target audience and how do you reach them, how do you keep them engage, how do you keep them involved. 

The club's preferred kick off time options for the match did not include 3:30pm on a Saturday, as it is well aware of the timing clash with grass roots football. But, despite that .........

7 hours ago, Carns said:

It's something that has been an issue for the entire existence of WSW so there obviously isn't any communication between the various stakeholders.

Yet the various stakeholders you speak of are the people who run the league.

Go figure?

6 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

The club's preferred kick off time options for the match did not include 3:30pm on a Saturday, as it is well aware of the timing clash with grass roots football. But, despite that .........

Fun Fact.......Countless games in Europe kick off at 3pm on a Saturday at the same time as grass roots football. :xnod:

3 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Fun Fact.......Countless games in Europe kick off at 3pm on a Saturday at the same time as grass roots football. :xnod:

Yeah but football isn't competing with more popular codes for fans in most of Europe. The fans are there anyway. Still, take your point. We just need was the help we can get.

On 26/3/2024 at 12:18 PM, mack said:

It's moving games so they don't overlap for broadcast probably.

I think this is the first time we've ever had a home game so early on a Saturday.

I don’t understand this logic though cause overlapping/concurrent games have been a regular fixture of the paramount era. Surely the APL are communicating to the broadcaster as well that 3:30pm is not a great time when they’re already not happy with viewership. None of it makes sense 

On 26/3/2024 at 10:03 AM, Sithslayer1991 said:

For me it’s disconnect between A-league and Grass roots and the districts. A-league not understanding its target audience, its what I comes down every single time, who is its target audience and how do you reach them, how do you keep them engage, how do you keep them involved. 

You can officially kiss goodbye to this ever being sorted cause the people tasked with the role were part of the job cuts… 

3 hours ago, Hughesy said:

I don’t understand this logic though cause overlapping/concurrent games have been a regular fixture of the paramount era. Surely the APL are communicating to the broadcaster as well that 3:30pm is not a great time when they’re already not happy with viewership. None of it makes sense 

You can officially kiss goodbye to this ever being sorted cause the people tasked with the role were part of the job cuts… 

Well they weren't doing that part of their job very well were they!?

3 hours ago, Hughesy said:

True it has been inconsistent

In this instance, would scheduling WSW vs City for 5pm make much of a difference in terms of crowd attendance?

It's annoying for those who play on the weekend, for others 3pm gets it out of the way before dinner