International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

Where is that emoji of the little girl crying with the bottom lip stuck out?....That would basically sum up Trump's press conference just then.....

A 5 year old child would know how to lose better than him..******* big baby...

Can I recommend following the election that Trump becomes a Middlesbrough supporter to learn how to deal with constant set backs and defeat...

Edited by Smoggy
1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

Where is that emoji of the little girl crying with the bottom lip stuck out?....That would basically sum up Trump's press conference just then.....

A 5 year old child would know have to lose better than him..

The scary thing is that there are many many millions of Americans who would agree with him about fraudulent votes. Biden is going to win the popular vote by a long long way. The electoral college is what is making it close.

You know the one aspect of all this that is, well, hopeful, I guess, is that the media are for the most part doing their job. A lot of the major networks over there actually switched away from his rambling nonsense. Fox are calling it like it is. The election officials are doing their jobs and seemingly not giving in to pressure from the nutjobs. Some republicans are doing the right thing and saying that votes are the most important thing in all of this and they just need to be counted. It might not last, but, it's a little bit encouraging at least.

Of course then you have the nutjobs calling for the execution of public servants and so on but you know, it IS america.

3 minutes ago, sonar said:

The scary thing is that there are many many millions of Americans who would agree with him about fraudulent votes. Biden is going to win the popular vote by a long long way. The electoral college is what is making it close.

True..

To see a grow man who also happens to be POTUS sulking like a ******* big baby is ridiculous, even more ridiculous that so many would agree with him...

Lose with a big of ******* grace ffs. This alas is going all the way to the supreme court.

Edited by Smoggy
3 minutes ago, sonar said:

Like I said yesterday, repeat the bullshit enough, it makes a difference and people believe it. I just watched Trump literally say that they got the polls wrong in 2016 and it showed they knew nothing and it made no difference and then say this year they got them wrong again and it's made a massive difference. It makes no sense at all, but watch "suppression polls" trend for the next 4 years. He's saying republicans can't get in to watch the voting but they are there right now watching. He's saying the democrats control the states that are still counting but they don't, and it was the republicans there that caused the delay. But 70 odd million people believe it despite all evidence to the contrary. It's the part that's scary, but like I said, at least, so far, the institutions are holding up, and the media - even pro-trump media - are seeing a line they are not willing to cross.

Saw a great thread yesterday about that sweep of blue from the carolinas through Georgia and across to the Mississipi (and up and down it). All originally prime plantation land. Descendents of the populations who have lived there for several hundred years.

10 minutes ago, marron said:

Saw a great thread yesterday about that sweep of blue from the carolinas through Georgia and across to the Mississipi (and up and down it). All originally prime plantation land. Descendents of the populations who have lived there for several hundred years.

https://twitter.com/BettinaForget/status/1324139878666391555

What are people here thinking about this?

Scott "the mouse that roared" Morrison and co don't seem to care about this?

I can't understand it, tbh.

China warns Australian economy could 'suffer further pain' after reported export ban
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-06/china-daily-warns-australia-economic-pain-export-ban/12857988

8 minutes ago, Davo said:

Biden picked up another 4,000 out of 5,300 votes just counted in Pennsylvania. Trump's lead down to 18,000 with 5% of the state still to count.

Also has Trump's lead down to 1,700 votes in Georgia just under 2% still to count.

Now down to 1276 in Georgia. The tactic by Trump to trash mail ballots and telling people to vote on the day (and while the Dems saying due to covid.... mail in.the runup )........ is now biting him on the @rse as they're the votes mainly left.

30 minutes ago, wendybr said:

What are people here thinking about this?

Scott "the mouse that roared" Morrison and co don't seem to care about this?

I can't understand it, tbh.

China warns Australian economy could 'suffer further pain' after reported export ban
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-06/china-daily-warns-australia-economic-pain-export-ban/12857988

He is waiting on instruction from the White House....could be a while as chaos reigns there at the moment.

He needs to stop at least 3 if not more Gov MP's ie Abetz, Dutton and Christiansen sniping at China on a daily basis. He won't because they are strong supporters of his right wing faction and they own him. 

53 minutes ago, sonar said:

Now down to 1276 in Georgia. The tactic by Trump to trash mail ballots and telling people to vote on the day (and while the Dems saying due to covid.... mail in.the runup )........ is now biting him on the @rse as they're the votes mainly left.

CNN just reported another 645 votes to Biden. Trumps lead is down to 665 :rofl:

2 minutes ago, EmMac said:

CNN just reported another 645 votes to Biden. Trumps lead is down to 665 :rofl:

According to 538 the last batch to drop was 800 in Clayton County.....of which Biden won just 83%........still about 2700 more to come from the same county......lol....Biden will lead soon....lol

I’ve been using this site for data:

https://alex.github.io/nyt-2020-election-scraper/battleground-state-changes.html

It pulls data from the New York Times so instead of seeing the snapshot on their site it shows the trends. They’ve got some columns at the end showing the trend over the last 30k votes and what the trailing candidate needs to win.

1 hour ago, EmMac said:

I'm glued to CNN. Their coverage is pretty good

Putting it on now. Thanks for the tip.

I can't wait to see Trump go mega salty and throw all his toys out of the pram. 

He can take it to all the courts he likes. The F Wit is about to get a reality check, and the sulking will be glorious to watch unfold.

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic