International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

It'd be over 35 billion now....if anyone's interested.

https://studyinternational.com/news/international-students-boost-australias-economy-but-are-locals-happy-about-it/

International education generates export income of $34.9 billion a year for Australia, supporting more than 240,000 jobs across the country, and is currently the third-largest export.

17 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Interesting....I guess...

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to step back as senior royals
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-09/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-to-step-back-as-senior-royals/11854040

The part about them becoming financially independent. It might well be that they start living off their own income but lets face it...Harry has enough money (prob as part of his fathers Duchy of Cornwall estate) to live independently for the rest of his life, his starting point on the road to financial independence isnt bad is it..but using his own income is good.

Seems to me like he wants to dip in and out of royal life as he pleases...take the perks and then leave the hard work to his brother, who he has fallen out with.

It is William i feel for..no escape for him poor bastard, life time of duty ahead and a bit of a chunt for a brother.

Do away with the lot i say when the Queen goes. I have respect for the Queen, after she dies **** em.

Also Harry spent 2 million of British tax payers money doing up his 'cottage' on the Windsor estate. It is called a cottage but is more like a small country estate in itself.

He has also still be zipping around in a private jet i believe.

If he is really stepping back from the royals then only if he does it 100% would he have my respect.

I always get the impression Harry isnt very bright and prone to some rash decisions. Would have been better placed at least maintaining a better relationship with William.

Edited by Smoggy
5 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Also Harry spent 2 million of British tax payers money doing up his 'cottage' on the Windsor estate. It is called a cottage but is more like a small country estate in itself.

He has also still be zipping around in a private jet i believe.

If he is really stepping back from the royals then only if he does it 100% would he have my respect.

I always get the impression Harry isnt very bright and prone to some rash decisions. Would have been better placed at least maintaining a better relationship with William.

The comments on Facebook articles are hilarious though, full weird royalists going on about how brave it is. He’s worth about 50m at the moment with multiple properties he’s hardly going to be having to become a deliveroo rider and live in a tower block is he? 

17 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

The comments on Facebook articles are hilarious though, full weird royalists going on about how brave it is. He’s worth about 50m at the moment with multiple properties he’s hardly going to be having to become a deliveroo rider and live in a tower block is he? 

Going to take a punt here...

I reckon Middlesbrough and Liverpool are possibly the most republican areas in the UK.

Based on the fact that both places were built on the back of Irish catholic immigration. I know my grandad was very anti monarchy and that came out of the groups and societies he was a member of both privately and via the steel works.

Edited by Smoggy
  • mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic