Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

1 minute ago, Ossified said:

what is this science bullshit? all we need is the bible, dont believe the lies of the scientists, they all just use so called "science" to become billionaires

Hand on heart not the other thing .... the ALP needs to reinvent itself and present itself as a modern thinking government ..... their last campaign was IMO the worst campaign ever run by a federal opposition...

I hope Albo is the man but so far I doubt it... 

IMO they need to create a number of modern polices and get away from class structured arguments.

And with our govt's focus on the economy, will they care and pay attention a little more as  the CC catastrophe start to bite into the economy.

4 Cruise ship visits to Kangaroo Is, which has gone up in flames, have been cancelled in recent days.

Who'd want to pull into Sydney Harbour on a cruiseliner this Summer?

Tip of a likely iceberg, I suspect.

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

Thanks for posting...Id heard about this.

I hope that progressively, they become an international laughing stock...as they deserve to be.

Morrison certainly made giant strides in that direction over the last few days.

3 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

that is true but with abbott we knew what we were getting when we voted for him.........with scott he at least tried to hide it before the election

58 minutes ago, wendybr said:

An interesting set of observations here. In this tweet, and the responses that follow.

wendy, Its not bookface......I'm presuming that bookface is like youtube or twitter in that the owner of the page can disable comments on live or any video or content. 

https://www.instafollowers.co/blog/disable-comments-on-facebook-page

Edited by sonar

I never come in here to discuss politics cos I think it’s all a load of crap....guess what, I’m right! 

Our PM has shown himself to be a complete fuuck wit 

go on holidays as the country burns. If ever there’s a time for the leader of a country to show he really gives a rats , it’s times like these . That photo op down the Sth Coast shows how out of touch these douchebags are. Don’t tell me he had no idea how bad this could get before he went away :nono:

There’s firefighting aircraft overseas , sitting idle, that we haven’t tried to access. Of course , it costs too much, we’re such a poor country ffs....

Australia, “ the lucky country” 

more like Australia , the stupid country

Just now, JackDoff said:

I never come in here to discuss politics cos I think it’s all a load of crap....guess what, I’m right! 

Our PM has shown himself to be a complete fuuck wit 

go on holidays as the country burns. If ever there’s a time for the leader of a country to show he really gives a rats , it’s times like these . That photo op down the Sth Coast shows how out of touch these douchebags are. Don’t tell me he had no idea how bad this could get before he went away :nono:

There’s firefighting aircraft overseas , sitting idle, that we haven’t tried to access. Of course , it costs too much, we’re such a poor country ffs....

Australia, “ the lucky country” 

more like Australia , the stupid country

in scott's defense he is pretty stupid so i can believe he has no idea.........about anything really :P

22 minutes ago, sonar said:

wendy, Its not bookface......I'm presuming that bookface is like youtube or twitter in that the owner of the page can disable comments on live or any video or content. 

https://www.instafollowers.co/blog/disable-comments-on-facebook-page

It might actually have been the ABC was told to disable the comments...I saw somewhere.

:yahoo::clapping::good::woah::clapping::yahoo:

Jack came here and posted!!!!!

What he said is spot on....  except when he says politics is crap.

We get crap from politicians if we aren't paying very close attention, my friend. 

Well even then, we still get crap, but it pays to pay attention.... because politics affects almost everything.

58 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

that is true but with abbott we knew what we were getting when we voted for him.........with scott he at least tried to hide it before the election

Not entirely...

Scott Morrison brings a chunk of coal into parliament – video

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2017/feb/09/scott-morrison-brings-a-chunk-of-coal-into-parliament-video?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

50 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

The cynic in me says “ stick around n make out like you really give a rats during these fires n your next term as PM is guaranteed “ 

guess this dickhead is too full of himself

He is being labelled a sociopath in social media.

At first I thought...that's going a bit far.

Now, I think he is a conscience-less liar (see his version of his "conversation" with the pregnant woman in Cobargo) and yeah....probably something more.

Smooth as in this lengthy press conference I've  been watching ...pointing out that, "without being asked"......he's now stepping in with federal support.

Fire fighting planes coming in in a week or two....only 2-3 months too late to have lessened the damage already done.

And only...what?....8-9 months later than he was asked to bring them in by the ex fire chiefs.

And congrats Penrith dwellers....youve just hit a record of 47.something degrees.

But the PM would tell you  there's nothing to see there either.

1 minute ago, mack said:

No.

It's the only thing that ever cuts through with the Coalition.....money.

It's all they understand...always has been....always will be.

But you're probably right....and they'll they'll spin it somehow to be Bob Brown's fault.

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

It's the only thing that ever cuts through with the Coalition.....money.

It's all they understand...always has been....always will be.

But you're probably right....and they'll they'll spin it somehow to be Bob Brown's fault.

Self interest is all they care about

Edited by StringerBellend
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic