Trains, Transport & Infrastructure

6 hours ago, marron said:

Changing schools :)

Working close to home is unbelievably good especially if you have a long commute each day... my office is about 7 to 10 minutes from my home... the extra time you get is G 8.... good luck with your Y 11, if only one class buy half a dozen piazza's... and some soft drink... plus a lolly on a stick to take home and suck on ....and cerebrate.... helps smooth it out...

3 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Working close to home is unbelievably good especially if you have a long commute each day... my office is about 7 to 10 minutes from my home... the extra time you get is G 8.... good luck with your Y 11, if only one class buy half a dozen piazza's... and some soft drink... plus a lolly on a stick to take home and suck on ....and cerebrate.... helps smooth it out...

It’s fine, I have heard about the replacement teacher they are bringing in, young, charismatic and an absolute genius on the bass guitar apparently….

I'll tell

On 06/11/2021 at 3:04 PM, Wanderboy said:

It won't be 18 months. It won't even be close to that.

Yeah, I know - worst case scenario and all that. Still, what a pisser.

I'll tell you something I won't miss about the V-Sets are the doors. Not that you have to do them yourself, mind, but the way you need to give it about 1 and half seconds after the trains stops before it opens smoothly. Again, I don't mind that, it's the ****s waiting outside who always try and open it as quick as they can and then it goes slow and doesn't open properly, and also they look pissed at you for not opening the door first. :lol:

4 minutes ago, marron said:

I'll tell

Yeah, I know - worst case scenario and all that. Still, what a pisser.

I'll tell you something I won't miss about the V-Sets are the doors. Not that you have to do them yourself, mind, but the way you need to give it about 1 and half seconds after the trains stops before it opens smoothly. Again, I don't mind that, it's the ****s waiting outside who always try and open it as quick as they can and then it goes slow and doesn't open properly, and also they look pissed at you for not opening the door first. :lol:

How about the smell of the V-sets after hard breaking, you go out in to where the doors bit is and it hits you lol A smell unique to it, won't get that with the new ones.

Edited by Smoggy

Someone recommended this guy to me tonight and thought I'll have to share it:

He is named Francis Bourgeois and he is on instagram and tiktok. He LOVES trains a lot and his videos are very wholesome.

There's another video where he stayed up all night just to see and film a train that's also known as Dick MaButt, great name:

10 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Someone recommended this guy to me tonight and thought I'll have to share it:

He is named Francis Bourgeois and he is on instagram and tiktok. He LOVES trains a lot and his videos are very wholesome.

There's another video where he stayed up all night just to see and film a train that's also known as Dick MaButt, great name:

He is certainly keen....wonders aloud if he works for British Rail....

Lazy morning waiting for a client to arrive... so did some analysis on the rail thread.... 388 posts to date... by 23 contributors

Midfielder ************ 130
Smoggy ************ 74
Marron ************ 51
Wanderboy ************ 41
Mathyounsw ************ 22
Wendybr ************ 17
StringerBellend ************ 11
Theguyyouwishyouwhere ************ 7
Endinburgh ************ 5
Sonar ************ 5
102 Meagan ************ 4
Psevdanym ************ 3
MartinTyler ************ 3
Wobblies ************ 3
Davo ************ 2
Carns ************ 2
Prtdzopplis ************ 1
Unlimited ************ 1
Neverbloom  ************ 1
DCWSW ************ 1
Mach ************ 1
Bones ************ 1
Jack Doff ************ 1
Capitan Jess ************ 1
                                                         TOTAL                     388
Edited by Midfielder