Poll: Supporting the Wanderers and your interest in your preferred NRL/AFL Clubs

How Much Interest Have You Retained In Your NRL/AFL Clubs Since WSW Came Into Being  

191 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Interest Do You Have In Your NRL/AFL Club Since The Wanderers Were Established?

• 100%...Exactly the same...WSW are for the summer months
    • 75%...Now the NRL/AFL Seasons are on I am following my clubs games regularly, but am looking forward to the next WSW game
    • 50%...I still care about my NRL/AFL club but am eager to hear about anything to do with the Wanderers
    • 25%...I need to get any updates I can about the WSW 2-3 times a day everyday whilst my NRL/AFL Club is now not that important
    • 0%...Fark the league and aerial ping-pong...WSW is my life

Grew up a Wests Tigers supporter. Have always gone to a couple of games a year and watch most on tv.

Now, I have a very nominal interest only. I am desperate for October 12 and I live on this site.

My interest in all things football has tripled since our Wanderers rocked up.

It's hard to quantify, it's definitely decreased, and while I thought myself a relatively avid fan what I had was nothing compared to wsw. But the wanderers has also done something to my trmperament while watching any team - including wsw. I am the dalai lama now when I used to be Travis bickle. It's weird. Wanderers has created an inner peace for me while watching football of any sort and for any team. I just enjoy the whole thing. Hope it lasts!

Take a very loose interest in the doggies cos grew up in the area. But apart from checking the scores every week I don't actively support and couldn't name you more then 2 players in the squad.

Haven't watched state of oranges for years.

Edited by westofcentre

My old footy talk mate from qld told me ive changed. I managed to turn a chat about origin into a Wanderers love in... took me 15 seconds!

Eels board all about $$ from when hindy last game got moved against his wishes so i follow them from afar.

As stated before there are many things about league that have turne me off (not that I was ever a massive fan)

* boof head mentality and treatment of woman

* Gambling and alcohol prevelance

* clubs moving away from their roots playin in large soulless stadiums

* those idiotic robes players on the bench wear

* the fan culture and lack of atmosphere

* the bogan element in the game

* teams playing out of two stadiums/team mergers

Edited by westofcentre

Still take a bit of interest in how the Swans and GWS are going and I wish them well, but really WSW is what we have been waiting for all these years. There is no comparison between our support for the Wanderers  and support any family members have ever shown for any team in any other code.

Was a massive saints fan, used to go to 10 -12 games a year. Went to my first game this year (last nights saints vs dogs) almost fell asleep. I will not be attending any more games this year. Hanging for the A-league to start up.

Have always been a Dragons tragic (started following them in 1980 and they proceeded to go on a drought 1979 - 2010 - yep I was sure I was the jinx) but if moving out West ten years ago slowed my attendances down, having kids practically butchered them.

Winning in 2010 was one of the best days of my life, but it was as much 'relief' as anything else.

Will always have that moment, singing for 8 hours in the rain, front row, hugging players (well anyone really) but I'm content to leave it at that now.

I had grown fed up with so many aspects of following league (probably 84, 85, 92, 93, 96, 99, 05, 06, 09 had something to do with it too :search: ) 

but I couldn't walk away knowing the moment I do, they'd probably win (and pull me back in like Godfather # 3 lol).

The fact they are ordinary at the moment probably helps, but I was already indifferent to it after the summer at Wanderland and subsequent media bias.

IF there is to be a line it the sand then I sing for Wanderers and barely know when Saints are even playing to be honest.

I have followed the Eels since I can remember. Having grown up in Old Toony and lived through the halcyon days of the '80s it was kinda hard to avoid them.

I thought I was a passionate Eels supporter until the Wanderers came along.

I have never bought an Eels membership. I'm about to buy my 2nd WSW membership.

I've been to a handful of Eels games over the past 20 years. I went to nearly every match for WSW this season, including away to Adelaide and Melbourne.

I've never visited the Eels fan forum site (do they even have one) yet I seem to live on here.

Bring on October, can't wait to stand on the terrace again.

Still care about the dragons as much as I did last season... and I think most people can still support the wanderers and their NRL team.

however, my interest in cricket last summer was almost zero.  I usually get interested by the cricket but last summer i couldnt really care less about it.

NRL/AFL arent a competitive sport against the a-league, the FFA should mainly concentrate on competing against cricket

I have followed the Eels since I can remember. Having grown up in Old Toony and lived through the halcyon days of the '80s it was kinda hard to avoid them.

I thought I was a passionate Eels supporter until the Wanderers came along.

I have never bought an Eels membership. I'm about to buy my 2nd WSW membership.

I've been to a handful of Eels games over the past 20 years. I went to nearly every match for WSW this season, including away to Adelaide and Melbourne.

I've never visited the Eels fan forum site (do they even have one) yet I seem to live on here.

Bring on October, can't wait to stand on the terrace again.

This is very much in line with how I feel about the difference of attitude I now have between my relatively new mad obsession with the Wanderers and my long-held but seemingly dispassionate support for Saints. I think it is only fair to point out (and maybe Benched and a few others who have posted in this thread would feel the same way), if Saints had a far better team and they were playing attractive football with more identifiable team members then maybe I might be more interested in their progress this season. It's very easy to neglect a team because they don't win and consist of no names playing unattractively.

Still care about the dragons as much as I did last season... and I think most people can still support the wanderers and their NRL team.

however, my interest in cricket last summer was almost zero.  I usually get interested by the cricket but last summer i couldnt really care less about it.

NRL/AFL arent a competitive sport against the a-league, the FFA should mainly concentrate on competing against cricket

Interesting point and again, the balance between supporting the Wanderers and cricket is again for me in the same ratio. I do hope the Aussies play well and beat the Poms but it won't be as earth shattering if we don't because the Wanderers will be my key sports focus from now on. And as for the lack of competition between the NRL/AFL and the A-League that deserves another thread...which I believe it has in a way: http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/3656-the-membershipcrowds-battle-aka-wsw-vs-afl-nrl/

One sport I didn't include in the above poll and is another matter all together is Rugby Union...and that too deserves it's own thread.