Mental Health Thread 2

mack

Yes it would be terrible.

I think you could probably make a case that the recruitment materials that gets kids to sign up...and that's what they are at 18 or 19...is likely to be false advertising...with the direst of consequences if they are sent into combat.

Well a lawyer could.

On 08/08/2018 at 6:43 PM, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

honestly something very good happened on friday but its caused a few issues everything that was good in my life doesnt seem as good now but that is life, at least something good happened

Goat, I am very happy to hear that you’ve had a bit of good luck recently. You deserved it, if some part of your life has changed maybe for the worse, it definitely seems like you are in a better place than you have been in the past. Maybe the best you have ever been?

You sacrificed something for this period of stability but so glad that things are working out. You may not have many “best” friends but you have plenty of friends on WSF & don’t be afraid to reach out for a chat if you ever need to debrief or vent.

Just need to build on those periods of good fortune & when things are stable. Look at ways to self improve yourself whether it be getting a good nights sleep, improving your eating habits, exercise habits or anywhere you feel like you can improve. In the past we have suggested a few ways that you can grow your group of friends & maybe you can focus on that? If you are seeing a health professional maybe they can give you some guidance on what’s best next?

Keep it up goat :grouphug:

On 11/08/2018 at 9:02 AM, Prydzopolis said:

Goat, I am very happy to hear that you’ve had a bit of good luck recently. You deserved it, if some part of your life has changed maybe for the worse, it definitely seems like you are in a better place than you have been in the past. Maybe the best you have ever been?

You sacrificed something for this period of stability but so glad that things are working out. You may not have many “best” friends but you have plenty of friends on WSF & don’t be afraid to reach out for a chat if you ever need to debrief or vent.

Just need to build on those periods of good fortune & when things are stable. Look at ways to self improve yourself whether it be getting a good nights sleep, improving your eating habits, exercise habits or anywhere you feel like you can improve. In the past we have suggested a few ways that you can grow your group of friends & maybe you can focus on that? If you are seeing a health professional maybe they can give you some guidance on what’s best next?

Keep it up goat :grouphug:

sorry i took forever to reply, that good luck might have cost me a friend i have been close friends with for 15 years so i am honestly worried but not much i can do about it right now

30 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

i went to the doctor today and found out my blood pressure is around 70, really need to start eating well and taking care of myself

Goat

I don't know his name but an Italian physiologist the medical one a doctor.

Anywho he is quite famous and has ad excellent results with different ways of treating depression. 

His methods was to involve his patients in physical actives mostly Football.  He said that the combined excise and people interaction caused a chemical reaction in the body that released anti depressant chemicals naturally... further he found by adding to this a very healthy diet the reaction on patients was enormous.

So eating healthy is important for both the body and the mind.... I will see if I can find his stuff tis quite interesting.

thank you i would love to do more excersize i used to do karate didnt actually like karate but there was a work out we did afterwards which i enjoyed immensely.........well i enjoyed the feeling after it :P i also need to learn to cook even basic things like pasta i have zero confidence so i try to get those pre packed meals which were nice but sadly most of them contain dairy so it makes things limited, i know getting pasta seems simple but i dont think i can even do the most basic things but i need to try because all i eat is processed food i have improved recently by drinking more water but its still not much of an improvement i miss having energy

^^^^

Goat

Hopefully I can help you learn how to cook and eat a little better nay a lot better.

We will use a principal developed by a famous Liverpool right back when he was only meteres away from the centre back in an important match. Anywho the right back calls for the ball he is unmarked there is a clear passage way to get the ball to him...The centre back see's his striker unmarked so the centre back tries to thread the ball through a mass of feet and players .. losses the ball and Liverpool concede a goal...  To which the right back says to the centre ..KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID ... its been coined the Kiss principal.

So no insults and using the Kiss principal.

Meal ONE

Go to either the frozen section of your Coles or Woolies & get some sliced ham if you can you can buy four small ones so when you open it you sorta only open what you need or go to the Deli and buy say 100 to 150 grams of ham.

Next buy one Tomato,

One small can of corn kneels

One small can of Beetroot

A carrot

A celery bunch 

A white or purple salad onion.

One Lebanese cucumber 

A packet of sliced cheese

One or two bread rolls

Get a plate put on the ham, cut up the Tomato, cucumber, carrot, a celery stick, open the tin of corn added to the plate, also the beetroot, and a couple of slices of cheese. Have you roll at hand.

Then you have an unbelievably healthy meal, for desert have an apple and an orange.

If this works I can offer some more meals using the KISS principle, 

thank you i used to eat fruit often but now i dont i dont know why i like most fruit i just dont eat it i'll get some grapes now at least its something i figured out the reason why i dont take care of myself is i figure i am going to die early no matter what so i might as well just not take care of myself, i will try to find cooking classes because none of that is difficult i also do like corn and tomato's but thank you i will try to do that

• 2 weeks later...

apparently there is a youtuber who killed himself some chump called mcskillet who decided to kill himself but also take out other people in his suicide, what a classy guy, usually i feel sorry for anyone who has to go through suicidal feelings but to feel the need to take others out is ****ed

those are the kind of people who give people with mental health issues a bad name

Goat

Hope you are eating better, and hope you put together something like I posted above.

This is another I hope, simple and I think very tasty meal.

1] Some jap pumpkin

1] One carrot

1] Potato

1] White onion

1] mug of water.

How to prepare

Peel the potato, onion and carrot, and take the skin off the pumpkin.

Cut everything into reasonable size chunks. The carrot as small as possible.

Take a saucepan, add water then the other stuff with pumpkin in on top.

Simmer away on a low heat for 2 to 3 hours.

Makes a thick and tasty soup and with some toast is very very very tasty. 

9 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Goat

Hope you are eating better, and hope you put together something like I posted above.

This is another I hope, simple and I think very tasty meal.

1] Some jap pumpkin

1] One carrot

1] Potato

1] White onion

1] mug of water.

How to prepare

Peel the potato, onion and carrot, and take the skin off the pumpkin.

Cut everything into reasonable size chunks. The carrot as small as possible.

Take a saucepan, add water then the other stuff with pumpkin in on top.

Simmer away on a low heat for 2 to 3 hours.

Makes a thick and tasty soup and with some toast is very very very tasty. 

i will try that thank you but to be honest i have zero reason to get healthy

Goat

For all its sham and drudgery life can on occasions can be surprising.

Just sometimes little bursts of pure joy can come from the strangest of places and Food is such a place at times.

My two receipts above I hope are simple, and with a dash of  balsamic vinegar the salad can be lovely.    

The pumpkin soup I think taste very nice and the feeling of creating something tasty may being one of those little bursts or a bubble of joy as we as a species are pleased with our work and how it taste... as well as the taste itself can add a little joy.

Edited by Midfielder
2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Goat

For all its sham and drudgery life can on occasions can be surprising.

Just sometimes little bursts of pure joy can come from the strangest of places and Food is such a place at times.

My two receipts above I hope are simple, and with a dash of  balsamic vinegar the salad can be lovely.    

The pumpkin soup I think taste very nice and the feeling of creating something tasty may being one of those little bursts or a bubble of joy as we as a species are pleased with our work and how it taste... as well as the taste itself can add a little joy.

thank you for being so supportive, you are alright for a mariners fan :P seriously though i appreciate any help i just feel the mental illness slowly coming back and it feels like there is nothing i can do about it but i agree actually creating something myself even if its pretty easy would give a good sense of accomplishment

1 hour ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

well not working but yes i am doing work for the dole, sadly meant to go to the doctor for over a week but been unable to, will try to go friday

Don’t sell yourself short Goat, work for the dole is effectively work except you are forced. Try to think of it positively, you are earning money & conditioning your body to work a job.

It may not be the dream job but hopefully it will help you get a better job in the near future, Sounds really promising & hope you continue your progress

:grouphug: 

On 28/08/2018 at 8:02 PM, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

well not working but yes i am doing work for the dole, sadly meant to go to the doctor for over a week but been unable to, will try to go friday

Goat, what kind if work are you looking for and what kind of hours would work for you? My business works across a lot of industries and I could keep an ear to the ground. Can't make any promises, but I know how important it can be to have a network.

4 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Goat, what kind if work are you looking for and what kind of hours would work for you? My business works across a lot of industries and I could keep an ear to the ground. Can't make any promises, but I know how important it can be to have a network.

i appreciate that honestly the only job i have ever done which i was good at was scanning, there were 2 kinds but i would stand at a gate and if anyone had issues with their ticket i would call into my manager and they would tell me what to do and i would do that(either deny them entry or let them through), or i would just stand at a doorway and scan tickets as people walked through, i mean that is a job a 2 year old could do but so could i :P that is the only job i feel like i could do but i would try other jobs if the chances came up right now i am just packing stuff in a warehouse but even then i get exhausted fast, already got fired by tickettek because i was terrible at the actual selling tickets part of the job which was most of it

i honestly do appreciate your help, the problem i have is mentally i have no skills i am terrible at math, physically i am not strong either, i have no car license so there is not many jobs out there i can actually do but i do miss actual work even if i was doing something anyone could do it felt like i was not completely worthless, i appreciate the help :) i tried my hand at a mystery shopper but i dont even have the eye for detail for that kind of work

honestly when i did work i was reliable and dedicated i once turned up to a shift 3 hours early :p so i did have some positives but sadly they did not outweigh the negatives

2 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

i appreciate that honestly the only job i have ever done which i was good at was scanning, there were 2 kinds but i would stand at a gate and if anyone had issues with their ticket i would call into my manager and they would tell me what to do and i would do that(either deny them entry or let them through), or i would just stand at a doorway and scan tickets as people walked through, i mean that is a job a 2 year old could do but so could i :P that is the only job i feel like i could do but i would try other jobs if the chances came up right now i am just packing stuff in a warehouse but even then i get exhausted fast, already got fired by tickettek because i was terrible at the actual selling tickets part of the job which was most of it

i honestly do appreciate your help, the problem i have is mentally i have no skills i am terrible at math, physically i am not strong either, i have no car license so there is not many jobs out there i can actually do but i do miss actual work even if i was doing something anyone could do it felt like i was not completely worthless, i appreciate the help :) i tried my hand at a mystery shopper but i dont even have the eye for detail for that kind of work

honestly when i did work i was reliable and dedicated i once turned up to a shift 3 hours early :p so i did have some positives but sadly they did not outweigh the negatives

You're already more qualified than 99% of the interns I've had :)

It's heading into the silly season and I know a few owners of event management firms that are always looking for reliable people to look after door entries at lauches etc. so I'll see what's in the works. I'll PM you if I come across something. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i dont post in this topic much anymore because i dont complain as much as i used to, i mean i still complain a lot but not quite as much but my mental health has been going far worse recently i had a few decent months but i am just not happy right now actually very much the opposite so i have been prescribed Sertraline today .........should be interesting to see if that works out just worried about the side effects