Pre-game venue 2016/2017

GD07

Tried the royal oak for pre drinks yesterday. It wasn't too bad.

Royal Oak Parra or Royal Oak Lidcombe
Lidcombe. I had mates with me so I couldn't go to the Parra one.

Hoping to join you next time tho.

Still looking at other alternatives.

It's not too bad is it? We have been going there last couple of games. (Was away for this one)

Beer is cheap football on the TV

Food is ok

Not sure how kid friendly it is, haven't took StringerBellend Jnr yet

The local regulars seem to range from bemused to actually pissed off that there are people in the pub

Short train ride to game.

If any of the pubs there had any sense they would stick up a "we support wanderers poster or two" outside and make a fortune

It sure beats over priced mid-strength in a plastic cup and security watching your every move

Also better than dooleys which was overpriced

At moment Royal oak Lidcombe as home pregame drinks, and if people are up for it again happy to do away games at the Royal oak parra

Parra is a nicer pub but for homes games the logistics of Lidcombe work much better for me

I agree with all the points you made.

Pros

-Full strength beers.

-No security checks, did not see one police.

-Beers are average price. Had a lazy yak (schooner) for $6.3

-Close to the station and easy to find parking if you are driving. I park on Henry St.

-Food choices are great. Recommend Pho Ba Le. They do a great laksa and pho.

-WST hang out, deters plebs.

Cons

-Not child friendly

-WST hang out?

I am just going to throw this idea out there. I would not mind doing pre-drinks at Granville. Charcoal chicken then head to the seedy pub next store.

It's not too bad is it? We have been going there last couple of games. (Was away for this one)

Food is ok

The local regulars seem to range from bemused to actually pissed off that there are people in the pub

If any of the pubs there had any sense they would stick up a "we support wanderers poster or two" outside and make a fortune

It sure beats over priced mid-strength in a plastic cup and security watching your every move

At moment Royal oak Lidcombe as home pregame drinks, and if people are up for it again happy to do away games at the Royal oak parra

Parra is a nicer pub but for homes games the logistics of Lidcombe work much better for me

Pros

-Full strength beers.

-Close to the station and easy to find parking if you are driving. I park on Henry St.

Cons

-Not child friendly

-WST hang out?

I am just going to throw this idea out there. I would not mind doing pre-drinks at Granville. Charcoal chicken then head to the seedy pub next store.

The other week there was a dude who kept taking his teeth out and cleaning them in his beer. Not sure if goes in the pros or cons list

Food is ok

Pros

-Full strength beers.

Cons

-Not child friendly

-WST hang out?

The other week there was a dude who kept taking his teeth out and cleaning them in his beer. Not sure if goes in the pros or cons list
:rofl:

what would peoples thoughts be on pre drinks back in parra at a pub in close vicinity of parramatta station?

with direct trains from parra to olympic park and return? Ample parking around Paramatta as we know

For now, a simple LIKE would be suffice for me to get a gauge on peoples interest

Rather than start a new thread, I just thought I'd pop this question in here.

How come there is no Season 16/17 videos thread?

FFS, every march I see there are so many people holding up their phones and filming it.

Have I missed something this season?

FFS, every march I see there are so many people holding up their phones and filming it.

Yeah I agree. All these dickheads on their phones yet they don't even share it around to be useful.

Yeah I agree. All these dickheads on their phones yet they don't even share it around to be useful.

I'd love to see a video of the stadium wide Dale last week.

Surely someone filmed it?

I've been frequenting the Brewery but its exxy and full of fans attending the event du jour at the arena.

I will give the Lidcome Royal Oak a try next week. Drive there and park up as close as poss. Been parking on Carter St.

However would be keen on a venue in Parra too