International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

12 hours ago, Cynth said:

Yes games....but for what purpose?

The only policy position I agree with Trump on ia his anti-war stance. But he is not exactly a guy you could trust to stand on his principles. 

"We do not want war with Iran"

Yeah right! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

6 hours ago, wendybr said:

"We do not want war with Iran"

Yeah right! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Someone who makes this comment doesnt understand what war with Iran means surely...As much as i detest Trump no i dont think he wants war with Iran, and Iran doesn't want war with the west, it would be catastrophic, more so than any war sine WWII. What we have here is a dangerous stand off over the IND that has fallen apart. 

I just hope all sides take a sensible step back.

Edited by Erimus

Cant post the link at the moment..but article on the BBC about what war with Iran means and why both sides dont want it..a rare piece that takes no political west agenda. Worth a read..and will try and post here later. Although may not be dramatic enough for some, or take the a preferred angle.

Edited by Erimus
3 hours ago, mack said:

No.

Yes.

Need I say more :D

Boris is a clumsy buffoon that scores multiple own goals and gives his enemies gifts. The best tactic for any anti Boris camp is to just let him do what he does, sooner rather than later he will make a mistake.

From what I have read this sounds like the kind of domestic incident we have all been in with the wife as a bloke, that is what I have read up until now and maybe more to follow, don't know. The idiot spilled some red wine on his wife's nice expensive couch, I spilled a load of red wine no too long ago some may recall :D An argument between Boris and partner followed with some shouting. she moved his laptop, he didn't like that lol It does all sound quite familiar. In the flat downstairs live a couple of lefties with an emergency hotline to the Guardian newspaper :D They click record as soon as they hear some voices, called the police or was it the Guardian they called first?:D Anyway the police rock up and say no charges needed, but the two downstairs can't help themselves, the lady has already given Boris the middle finger in the street a few times :D Boris is living in the London version of Newtown which has regular anti Brexit protests, they were waiting to pounce, and Boris never fails to deliver somehow, and only himself to blame.

This won't impact Boris at all unfortunately. It is only the Tory party members that get to vote and so doesn't matter what the whole country thinks, Boris has massive support across party members. I think many members will also see this as a leftie stitch up in to someones private life.  

I hate Boris and I hate the type of people that live below Boris, there was an interview I watched with them earlier and they are vile people, nasty bastards upstairs and downstairs.

Edited by Erimus
On 23/06/2019 at 10:37 AM, Erimus said:

Cant post the link at the moment..but article on the BBC about what war with Iran means and why both sides dont want it..a rare piece that takes no political west agenda. Worth a read..and will try and post here later. Although may not be dramatic enough for some, or take the a preferred angle.

this thread has me singing this scouse classic

Called off with ten minutes to go.......

"In a series of tweets on Friday morning, Mr. Trump said he was prepared to retaliate against three sites in Iran for that country’s downing of an American surveillance drone, but that he pulled back because the death of that many Iranians would not be “proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone.”

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-21/donald-trump-ordered-attack-on-iran-then-called-it-off/11235746

https://www.vox.com/2019/6/21/18700570/trump-iran-attack-drone-twitter

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/21/us/politics/trump-iran-attack.html

Edited by sonar
On 27 June 2019 at 5:33 PM, Cynth said:

If Jesus was in town, he'd call a meeting with the fellas in Alabama. He'd explain to them that they must have misunderstood something that he'd said, or that somehow parts of his message had gotten lost in translation. 

Then he'd travel to Sydney (no planes required, he'd do it the miracle way to avoid customs, as he doesn't have a passport), and sit down with Folau. He'd explain to him that the couple of sentences in the holy scriptures about gays had been overly amplified over the last 2000 years, at the expense of the good stuff - the bits that churches tend to ignore.

He'd explain to Folau that it's not good Christian practice to throw ten percent of the population under the bus. He'd explain to Folau that God threw in sexual variety to mix I up a little, and that, after at least 2000 years, we ough to be able to count to at least three. And finally Jesus would remind Folau of the good old "love your neighbour" approach. 

Then he'd listen to Folau. Then he'd pull his hair out, call his dad, and tell him that a second edition of their best selling book was long overdue.

Then he'd wash a few people's feet, if they liked it or not, just to maintain the practice. And then he'd go back to where he came from before the Australian federal government could send him to Nauru. 

Lol.

I've said nothing about the Folau case.

I'm bemused that the gay comment has caused such outrage...but the other rather large proportion of the population in his firing line (all the liars, drunks, adulterers and fornicators?????) seem to have basically ignored his nonsense, or got over it pretty quickly.

He's a not very bright rugby-something player. My inclination is to say who cares what he says or where he says it?? 

Honestly.

1 hour ago, FCB said:

If Jesus was in town, he'd call a meeting with the fellas in Alabama. He'd explain to them that they must have misunderstood something that he'd said, or that somehow parts of his message had gotten lost in translation. 

Then he'd travel to Sydney (no planes required, he'd do it the miracle way to avoid customs, as he doesn't have a passport), and sit down with Folau. He'd explain to him that the couple of sentences in the holy scriptures about gays had been overly amplified over the last 2000 years, at the expense of the good stuff - the bits that churches tend to ignore.

He'd explain to Folau that it's not good Christian practice to throw ten percent of the population under the bus. He'd explain to Folau that God threw in sexual variety to mix I up a little, and that, after at least 2000 years, we ough to be able to count to at least three. And finally Jesus would remind Folau of the good old "love your neighbour" approach. 

Then he'd listen to Folau. Then he'd pull his hair out, call his dad, and tell him that a second edition of their best selling book was long overdue.

Then he'd wash a few people's feet, if they liked it or not, just to maintain the practice. And then he'd go back to where he came from before the Australian federal government could send him to Nauru. 

I so needed that laugh! Best post I've seen in a long time!

20 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Lol.

I'm a bemused that the gay comments has caused such outrage...but the other rather large proportion of the population in his firing line (all the liars, drunks, adulterers and fornicators?????) seem to have basically ignored his nonsense, or got over it pretty quickly.

He's a not very bright rugby -something player. My inclination is to say who cares what he says or where he says it?? 

The inclination not to care is understandable. The problem however is that the crazy right have jumped on this and taken Folau under their wing and called this madness a freedom of speech issue. 

30 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Lol.

I'm a bemused that the gay comments has caused such outrage...but the other rather large proportion of the population in his firing line (all the liars, drunks, adulterers and fornicators?????) seem to have basically ignored his nonsense, or got over it pretty quickly.

He's a not very bright rugby -something player. My inclination is to say who cares what he says or where he says it?? 

<3

11 minutes ago, Cynth said:

The inclination not to care is understandable. The problem however is that the crazy right have jumped on this and taken Folau under their wing and called this madness a freedom of speech issue. 

Yes...and haven't they done powerful job in galvanizing support...and a $2,000,000 war chest (collected in ...what...48 hours?).

Honestly...the almost permanent OUTRAGE in certain circles is counter productive imho.

People aren't buying into the outrage.

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic