International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

3 hours ago, theseeker said:

You leftys like putting words in people's mouths including mine.

See when you decide to commit a crime there are two risks - one is that you will kill someone and go to jail for life and the other is the criminal will get killed. Criminals are well aware of the risks.

The moral is don't commit crimes you budding criminals and everyone will benefit.

All lives do matter , doesn't yours  ? and everyone's who posts on here  and I am assuming you are not Afro - American.

Firstly, I wasn't talking about criminals, I was talking about people who have committed a crime in the past - like Floyd - what "risk" are they taking, if they are not doing anything wrong, but still wind up dead? And this of course applies to people who have never committed a crime either. The risk they take is EXISTING. "Walking while black".

Even if I accept - which I don't - that by committing a crime you are giving away your right not to be murdered - even if I accept that, guess what - that's the risk you take when you become a cop. The moral is, don't become one.

As for all lives matter - this is the point. In the states, here, less concern is given to sections of the population, borne out by rates of incarceration, legal assistance, deaths in police custody. That's the point. Anyone saying BLM is making that very point - all lives should matter, but they don't. Like I said if you need this explained to you you are trolling or unable to understand nuance.

If you don't believe that police lives matter more than others, please explain the significance of police deaths to you and your comments on them. What else are you trying to infer?

If you don't believe that criminals give away their rights not to be murdered, (I mean, you've doubled down on this one, so it's weird to think this is not the case) then what do you mean by your statements? And is there a difference to you between people who just look like they are committing a crime but nothing is proven yet? and people who simply aren't at all? (this is nuanced stuff here mate, so, you know, you can show your colours at this point).

6 hours ago, theseeker said:

Yea who'd be a cop in America.

An average of about over 100 cops die on the job each year. In one incident four cops were ambushed and slaughtered in Tacoma.

What happened to Floyd was inexcusable but he was a a person with a violent criminal history who is now being elevated to sainthood.

If I was a cop in America my number one aim would be to make it home alive each day.

And remember a black cop killed that Aussie woman in the USA. No demos ?

Defund the the cops ? I'm reminded of the Rolling Stones song " Gimme Shelter " lyrics  - " **** , murder it's just a shot away" 

I try so hard to give you the benefit of the doubt. 

1. “What happened to Floyd was inexcusable but..... ( proceeds to excuse it)

2. An average of about 100 cops die each year....did you know that over 1000 people die at the hands of police each year in the US, a disproportionate amount of them black? 

3. If I was a cop in America....make it home alive......maybe sargeant Chauvin should have thought of making it home instead of jail when he killed Floyd... I do notice that Floyd, Arbury, Elijah McClain didn’t make it home either. 

4. And the black cop that killed the Australian woman? He was arrested and convicted. There was no cover up. 

:nea:

3 hours ago, theseeker said:

You leftys like putting words in people's mouths including mine.

See when you decide to commit a crime there are two risks - one is that you will kill someone and go to jail for life and the other is the criminal will get killed. Criminals are well aware of the risks.

The moral is don't commit crimes you budding criminals and everyone will benefit.

All lives do matter , doesn't yours  ? and everyone's who posts on here  and I am assuming you are not Afro - American.

See, the problem is that your argument of committing crime....blah blah is that it’s not equal. The risk of committing the crime and swing at the hands of police increases astronomically when you are black. 

Yes my life matters, but right now we want want black lives to be on par with at least as much as my life matters. 

That’s why...

Black Lives Matter. 

10 minutes ago, Cynth said:

4. And the black cop that killed the Australian woman? He was arrested and convicted. There was no cover up. 

Yep, that's it. Put away for 12 years, no muss, no fuss.

Interesting, because, while thousands of people are killed by police every year in the states, since 2005 about 100 or so cops have actually been charged with anything and of those less than half have been convicted - only 5 with murder.

I wonder what the difference in that case was that made it so clearcut.

20 minutes ago, marron said:

Firstly, I wasn't talking about criminals, I was talking about people who have committed a crime in the past - like Floyd - what "risk" are they taking, if they are not doing anything wrong, but still wind up dead? And this of course applies to people who have never committed a crime either. The risk they take is EXISTING. "Walking while black".

Even if I accept - which I don't - that by committing a crime you are giving away your right not to be murdered - even if I accept that, guess what - that's the risk you take when you become a cop. The moral is, don't become one.

As for all lives matter - this is the point. In the states, here, less concern is given to sections of the population, borne out by rates of incarceration, legal assistance, deaths in police custody. That's the point. Anyone saying BLM is making that very point - all lives should matter, but they don't. Like I said if you need this explained to you you are trolling or unable to understand nuance.

If you don't believe that police lives matter more than others, please explain the significance of police deaths to you and your comments on them. What else are you trying to infer?

If you don't believe that criminals give away their rights not to be murdered, (I mean, you've doubled down on this one, so it's weird to think this is not the case) then what do you mean by your statements? And is there a difference to you between people who just look like they are committing a crime but nothing is proven yet? and people who simply aren't at all? (this is nuanced stuff here mate, so, you know, you can show your colours at this point).

I'm having trouble following your post , it's a bit rambling and confusing for me so I'll try and keep it simple.

But on your first sentence , if you have been convicted of a crime in the past (or present) that automatically designates you a criminal for ever, no if or buts about it.

I repeat this , if you commit a crime you are taking a known risk that rightly or wrongly you could get hurt or worse and you must accept that risk. It's on the criminal nobody else.

I doubt the cops that got killed were committing a crime , they were just guys going to work who didn't come home.

Numerically more whites are killed by police than Afro-Americans , but proportionally it's the other way round. But could that be due the fact there is a higher level of crime , for whatever reason, for the Afro-American population ?

13 minutes ago, marron said:

Yep, that's it. Put away for 12 years, no muss, no fuss.

Interesting, because, while thousands of people are killed by police every year in the states, since 2005 about 100 or so cops have actually been charged with anything and of those less than half have been convicted - only 5 with murder.

I wonder what the difference in that case was that made it so clearcut.

That's a very light sentence for murder. Wonder why.

1 hour ago, Cynth said:

I try so hard to give you the benefit of the doubt. 

1. “What happened to Floyd was inexcusable but..... ( proceeds to excuse it)

2. An average of about 100 cops die each year....did you know that over 1000 people die at the hands of police each year in the US, a disproportionate amount of them black? 

3. If I was a cop in America....make it home alive......maybe sargeant Chauvin should have thought of making it home instead of jail when he killed Floyd... I do notice that Floyd, Arbury, Elijah McClain didn’t make it home either. 

Regarding item 1. Inexcusable meant inexcusable.  Nowhere was that contradicted , although I don't agree with the sainthood status surrounding him.

20 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Regarding item 1. Inexcusable meant inexcusable.  Nowhere was that contradicted , although I don't agree with the sainthood status surrounding him.

No one said he was a saint. He had gone a whole decade without crime. On that day at that time, he was not paying for the sins of his past but for the sins of a brutal sick cop whose previous grievances against him should have meant he wasn’t there to kill a man that day. 

11 minutes ago, Cynth said:

I can’t tell you how angry this makes me. Open plain sight corruption. The US in three short years have become completely desensitised. 

It's a mark of this administration that this latest action is a surprise to absolutely no-one. As soon as Stone was convicted it was simply a matter of how long until he was let off.

10 hours ago, Carns said:

Gee, what a surprise!

8 hours ago, Cynth said:

I can’t tell you how angry this makes me. Open plain sight corruption. The US in three short years have become completely desensitised. 

its quite sad in many ways but the US today is a shadow of its former self

34 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Ooohh....

But , but.......I thought the Trumpster was accused of being a Muslim hating Islamaphobe by the Lefties.

Last I checked the Saudis are Muslims.

Depends which way the wind is blowing for the Lefties.

55 minutes ago, theseeker said:

But , but.......I thought the Trumpster was accused of being a Muslim hating Islamaphobe by the Lefties.

Stop projecting mate. 

8 hours ago, theseeker said:

There’s only so far your xenophobia can go when money is at stake apparently. 

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic