Armageddon Thread

marron

I watched insiders this morning, the newscorp jouro said that

a) the police minister is not part of the NSW government "crisis cabinet"

b) earlier this week the police minister and the police commissioner urged NSW government to introduce a tightening of rules and measures; apparently this was dismissed by Hazzard as "waffle"; a few days later...

c) apparently the federal government has been pushing NSW government to go harder than they have; Gladys and Co keep dragging the chain, have been "dithering", and it leads to "told you so" responses from federal government

I found it noteworthy that this would come from someone from the conservative side of the media. What occurred to me was that the "crisis cabinet", effectively, is currently running NSW government. Yet I can't find any information who the members are of that "crisis cabinet". 

Whoever is in it: as the situation drags on, I am more and more convinced that we are governed by morons.

11 minutes ago, FCB said:

I watched insiders this morning, the newscorp jouro said that

a) the police minister is not part of the NSW government "crisis cabinet"

b) earlier this week the police minister and the police commissioner urged NSW government to introduce a tightening of rules and measures; apparently this was dismissed by Hazzard as "waffle"; a few days later...

c) apparently the federal government has been pushing NSW government to go harder than they have; Gladys and Co keep dragging the chain, have been "dithering", and it leads to "told you so" responses from federal government

I found it noteworthy that this would come from someone from the conservative side of the media. What occurred to me was that the "crisis cabinet", effectively, is currently running NSW government. Yet I can't find any information who the members are of that "crisis cabinet". 

Whoever is in it: as the situation drags on, I am more and more convinced that we are governed by morons.

I don't need convincing, I know.

13 hours ago, Ossified said:

And what could possibly go wrong?

This from the BBC:

US pharmaceutical company Pfizer says it has identified counterfeit versions of its coronavirus vaccine in Mexico and Poland.

The doses were seized by authorities in the two countries and confirmed by tests to be fake.

In Mexico, they had false labels, while the substance in Poland was believed to be anti-wrinkle treatment, Pfizer said.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned that fake vaccines "pose a serious risk to global public health".

:shok:

13 hours ago, Ossified said:

Last year we ordered 80 million does of AZ, 25 million of Pfizer and then another 40 million of AZ
Since the start of this year CSL produces 1 million doses of AZ per week.
We also got 35 million doses of Moderna coming next week
If I add all the numbers of vaccines ordered I come close to 250 million doses!
There are 25 million Australians of which 20% are fully vaccinated (= 10 million doses).
Now we have to rely on the generosity of Poland to receive extra doses of Pfizer.
Something smells fishy; Where have all these vaccines gone to??
It really puzzles me. Either the government is full of **** and can't get their basic maths right or they are lying!

Plus over 50m Novavax.

58 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

And now the criticism ramps up, this time the economics of lockdowns

An ongoing apprehension towards total lockdown in NSW has come at an enormous cost
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-16/covid-policy-in-nsw-proving-costly-ian-verrender-analysis/100379032

Good article. The ABC have been as guilty as any other media outlet over the last year for towing the government line. Criticism and quality analytical reporting has been thin on the ground, it has felt like a state run media at times, all too happy to follow the spin.

But then that is Australia. I am not so used to being in a place where the opposition parties vanish and accountability is so low.

Edited by Smoggy
48 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Good article. The ABC have been as guilty as any other media outlet over the last year for towing the government line. Criticism and quality analytical reporting has been thin on the ground, it has felt like a state run media at times, all too happy to follow the spin.

But then that is Australia. I am not so used to being in a place where the opposition parties vanish and accountability is so low.

Always going to be difficult for the ABC when funding is cut and threats of more plus privatisation.

20 hours ago, Ossified said:

Last year we ordered 80 million does of AZ, 25 million of Pfizer and then another 40 million of AZ
Since the start of this year CSL produces 1 million doses of AZ per week.
We also got 35 million doses of Moderna coming next week
If I add all the numbers of vaccines ordered I come close to 250 million doses!
There are 25 million Australians of which 20% are fully vaccinated (= 10 million doses).
Now we have to rely on the generosity of Poland to receive extra doses of Pfizer.
Something smells fishy; Where have all these vaccines gone to??
It really puzzles me. Either the government is full of **** and can't get their basic maths right or they are lying!

The government is full of s.h.i.t and they are lying...that's what governments do, all of them. 

58 minutes ago, marron said:

Scotty is trying to pivot and shift the blame to Gladys now I see. We've always been at war with Eastasia. Nice strategy, wonder if it will work.

It will work, I'm sorry but there is more than enough of the electorate who are thick enough, this has been proven time and time again

1 hour ago, WHACKO said:

The government is full of s.h.i.t and they are lying...that's what governments do, all of them. 

Indeed.

This pandemic has exposed what a shambles the fed and state gov system is in this country, its utterly ridiculous.

And from the conservative media. This was penned by Samantha Maiden

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian “lost her sh*t” over claims that she ignored the Prime Minister’s advice to lockdown the entire state days ago according to senior colleagues.

NSW ministers have told news.com.au that Ms Berejiklian is fed up with the constant undermining by the Morrison Government and expressed her anger on Sunday during private discussions where she threatened to return fire.

The latest flashpoint in the relationship between the Morrison Government and the NSW Premier as the Covid crisis engulfs the state came after The Sunday Telegraph reported on Saturday night the NSW Premier had been urged to lockdown days ago by the Prime Minister.

Cases are in the cancer ward at St Georges hospital, over 100 cases now out at Dubbo. Oh for that ring of steel now eh. Failure to protect regional areas and the vulnerable communities and limited health services within.

This is clearly going to get much worse yet.

Gladys should resign, but won't of course.

Edited by Smoggy
47 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Cases are in the cancer ward at St Georges hospital, over 100 cases now out at Dubbo. Oh for that ring of steel now eh. Failure to protect regional areas and the vulnerable communities and limited health services within.

This is clearly going to get much worse yet.

Gladys should resign, but won't of course.

Morrison should resign  first

On 15/08/2021 at 11:11 AM, Carns said:

Got to have enough supply in order to do that, and that's going to take a long time.

And here is an article suggesting, as i have, that the 80% vaccination rate will not achieve the supposed herd immunity threshold. Read, in particular, the section on Iceland. 

Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca vaccines and the 'impossibility' of COVID herd immunity as Delta changes the score
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-17/pfizer-moderna-astrazeneca-herd-immunity-delta-covid-evolution/100366038

11 hours ago, WHACKO said:

Of the 478...why don't they tell us how many have had both , one or no vacs.

Possibly quite a few. Vaccination doesn’t stop you catching COVID but does make serious complication much less likely. It is the numbers in ICU that have or have not been vaccinated. So far I think there have been a few with 1 dose, non with 2.

And an updated article on the where Australia is at in terms of vaccination 

Tracking Australia’s COVID vaccine rollout numbers
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-02/charting-australias-covid-vaccine-rollout/13197518

And from the article 

In February, the government estimated that the rollout to aged and disability care facilities would take roughly six weeks. Counting from the campaign’s official launch on February 22, this means the sector should have been completed by April 4

utter BS and hubris from Morrison. What a piece of trash who should resign or call an election right now.

And Chief Minister of the the ACT said today

"We all, of course, know why we are in the situation we are in as a nation, and that obviously the virus has seeded out of NSW into almost every state and territory in Australia," he told a press conference yesterday.

"So I support, as I said on the weekend, the NSW decision to go into a harder lockdown.

"Operation Stay at Home is an excellent idea. It's a pity it didn't happen seven weeks ago."

Andrew Barr has long avoided criticising Gladys Berejiklian's handling of NSW's Delta outbreak — but that all changed yesterday
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-17/act-chief-gets-political-after-barilaro-covid-19-comments/100381114