Scotland Football (No Longer Featuring Ange at Celtic)

On 20/09/2021 at 1:54 PM, MartinTyler said:

Livingston are only a small club...giving Celtic 3 sides is a big payday for them 

Indeed, some clubs in Scotland in the league system are no more for than small towns with not very big populations. Often they get a few thousand through the gates. If Celtic or Rangers come to town it’s not unusual for them to take over and like you say it’s cash in the coffers.

Hearts go top :)

The comp looks open at the moment, but is has done other years until end of Nov and then Rangers or Celtic run away with it. So nothing unusual yet, but if gets to Xmas like this with someone other than the old firm on top then that would be noteworthy then.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Indeed, some clubs in Scotland in the league system are no more for than small towns with not very big populations. Often they get a few thousand through the gates. If Celtic or Rangers come to town it’s not unusual for them to take over and like you say it’s cash in the coffers.

Hearts go top :)

The comp looks open at the moment, but is has done other years until end of Nov and then Rangers or Celtic run away with it. So nothing unusual yet, but if gets to Xmas like this with someone other than the old firm on top then that would be noteworthy then.

Probably the most exciting SPL for years; not too high on quality but still very watchable. I still expect Celtic to come good as the season wears on; they have been playing some good football but rather unlucky in a few games

37 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Probably the most exciting SPL for years; not too high on quality but still very watchable. I still expect Celtic to come good as the season wears on; they have been playing some good football but rather unlucky in a few games

Celtic need to come good sooner rather than later, can’t give too many more points head start to Rangers.

Rangers won also. 6 points is a big gap in the Scottish prem. In this comp it is not unusual for Rangers and Celtic to go like 3 or 4 months unbeaten. So fast forward to Easter 2022 and Celtic have been destroying teams, absolutely dominating…and yet are 6 points behind Rangers.

Not saying it will be the same this time, but that is how it has been sometimes and is why you cannot give any head start.

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Rangers won also. 6 points is a big gap in the Scottish prem. In this comp it is not unusual for Rangers and Celtic to go like 3 or 4 months unbeaten. So fast forward to Easter 2022 and Celtic have been destroying teams, absolutely dominating…and yet are 6 points behind Rangers.

Not saying it will be the same this time, but that is how it has been sometimes and is why you cannot give any head start.

Whilst Celtic have their problems, Rangers haven't looked that flash but I'd pick them both to be in the top 3 come the end of the season. Actually I thought that Aberdeen would have started better.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, MathyouWSW said:

Why would he play at a lower level? 

2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Cant see him playing regularly at the likes of Everton unless they have an injury crisis so what is better for the Socceroos? Starter at Stoke or benchie at Everton?

Tend to agree, but Everton's defenders can be pretty patchy at times. If he got his chance and showed consistency he could cement himself. No easy task, he might be better off elsewhere for game time.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Big congrats to Ange in turning the Celtic Football club around and winning his first trophy with Celtic. Safe to say the fans love him after what happened last season and Tom Rogic looks to be back to his old self.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-20/celtic-beat-hibernian-in-scottish-league-cup/100713038

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, and the very next day you gave it away. This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to Postecoglou..."

It left the Aussie smiling.

"These fans are everything, mate," he said.

"My first task when I took the role was I wanted to give them hope.

"I couldn't guarantee them success, I couldn't guarantee anything but I wanted to give them hope — and I think they saw that from the first day."

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Ange wants to sign Riley McGree to Celtic from the sounds of it: 

Middlesbrough are interested in him as well.

Articles already comming out Mcgree is all but done to join Celtic just add-ons being finalised. Looks like Ange is looking to bring more depth in attack to his squad which would put Mcgree further forwrd like he was playing at Birmingham. Unfortunate for Boro but I think the Ange factor may pushed it over the line for Celtic. Ange is a well known fan of Mcgree still remember him capping him for the national team out of nowhere when he was playing for a poor Adelaide United side.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/01/10/riley-mcgree-celtic-ange-postecoglou-charlotte-fc-birmingham-city-january-transfer/ 

• mack changed the title to Scotland Football (No Longer Featuring Ange at Celtic)