Interesting Football Stuff.

Benched

Hey guys, just thought I'd start a thread for any weird and wonderful football related stories, pics, vids etc you can find. Here's 2 of mine.

Strange stadium, obviously not in use anymore.

osaka-stadium.jpg

I'm a big fan of the videos that Nike/Adidas put out before major tournaments. I'm sure most people have seen them before but I always look forward to them.

For the 2002 World Cup Nike did the cage match tournament

For 2006 Adidas did the Jose +10 ads as part of their impossible is nothing campaign

The ones in the 90s were awesome. The one where they kick the ball around the world and the one where the Adidas players played the demons from hell.

Cantona pwning the devil at the end was awesome.

also in 1998 I think it was (can't remember..) with R9onaldo showing off his boots with his number and name on it...then Casaraghi looks at the label "made in Italy" hahah

(was the campaign where they are playing beach football)

at work now, so can't post Youtube links.

The ones in the 90s were awesome. The one where they kick the ball around the world and the one where the Adidas players played the demons from hell.

Cantona pwning the devil at the end was awesome.

also in 1998 I think it was (can't remember..) with R9onaldo showing off his boots with his number and name on it...then Casaraghi looks at the label "made in Italy" hahah

(was the campaign where they are playing beach football)

at work now, so can't post Youtube links.

I can't believe I forgot that Good vs Evil Nike ad. I loved that.

I had a mate at school who used to pop his collar when he took penalties because of that ad. Also I love the bit where Madini says "maybe they're friendly?"

What a blast from the past! I remember watching these on TV at their respective times...

Love the 98 brazil in the airport - was that Cantona on the plane reading the newspaper?

Yep that's Cantona.

Ok it's the off season for most of us who play on weekends so here's a bit of training motivation. It's a video for Nike directed by Guy Ritchie.

I am sure there is more interesting stuff out there than advertising, as good as some of those are :lol:

Like this for instance:

Anyone want to have a crack at when and where this was taken? It's kinda interesting....

79666363-football-4th-december-1935-white-hart-lane-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=Z0zsWpN2ukUDXYqF4boPJechXl9ab2z2s9fVIGMVys5f6QeYUxB1G8o5N3GA09QxonfQd3TIp8lIezQ3vnb3Jw%3D%3D

I am sure there is more interesting stuff out there than advertising, as good as some of those are :lol:

Like this for instance:

Anyone want to have a crack at when and where this was taken? It's kinda interesting....

79666363-football-4th-december-1935-whit

Oh it's gone. :lol:

Anyway, became highly topical after I posted it. It was a photo of the German team of 1935 doing the nazi salute at White Hart Lane. The FA flew a swastika above the ground.

• 2 months later...

The nike one for the world cup in 98 was good, with the Brazillian team kicking the ball through the airport.

This one.

The nike one for the world cup in 98 was good, with the Brazillian team kicking the ball through the airport.

This one.

This one.

memories hard lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

The Sydney Morning Herald posted a short video of Celtic and Juventus fans showing sportmanship by exchanging scarves over a barrier

This was great, but I wonder how many fans were smashed before or after this :)