Dino Kresinger

mack

Still annoys me a bit that the commentators say we now cheer for Dino because he won the penalty against Brisbane. It has nothing to do with that (well for us at least). It's about supporting the players through the darkness and through the gloom. (see what I did there...)

Still annoys me a bit that the commentators say we now cheer for Dino because he won the penalty against Brisbane. It has nothing to do with that (well for us at least). It's about supporting the players through the darkness and through the gloom. (see what I did there...)

Yeah same thing annoyed me.

Rewind to the Brisbane game and we cheered him when he first came onto the field, not just after he won the penalty

• 2 weeks later...

Hey boys im new to the forums.

I know its not happening anymore but I just wanted to say that i was enraged by some people booing Dino - That is NOT ON!

Scoring goals is not the only thing he has to do. Have people not noticed how many markers he attracts, which then creates space for guys like Shinji and Mooy in the mids.

Against MV the other week Dino had 3, sometimes 4 melbourne players marking him - especially from set pieces.

I just love his enthusiasm, the way he charges around. I think we really missed him up front against the mariners.

Come back big D, we need you!

My prediction : Future cult hero status awaits - I dream of a day where Parra stadium is packed with 20,000 wearing bald caps in his honour :P

DINO!

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the dive was hilarious.

Really good game from him. Holds the ball up well so our midfield can make runs into the box, and generally gives the opposition headaches all game because of his physicality. Should have scored that one on one though, with a nice little chip over the top of the keeper ;)

I love it how he fist pump the logo then raises his hand in the air every time the crowd chants DINO DINO DINO!!!!

Im always instigating that chant from the west terrace! ahahaha

lol same :) I'm trying to instigate a lot more. And last night with the help of a few others, we joined in with RBB on a few chants..... Slowly but surely we will all be singing together one day :)

PS Where abouts in the West stand you sit? I'm just behind the bench.

I love it how he fist pump the logo then raises his hand in the air every time the crowd chants DINO DINO DINO!!!!

lol same :) I'm trying to instigate a lot more. And last night with the help of a few others, we joined in with RBB on a few chants..... Slowly but surely we will all be singing together one day :)

Bay 44

Bay 44

Those are some pretty good seats Balkanite. Next season hopefully get membership with a group of mates in Bay 49. Thats the perfect spot for me I reckon. 18 yard box, home end. Western Stand.

Bay 44

Those are some pretty good seats Balkanite. Next season hopefully get membership with a group of mates in Bay 49. Thats the perfect spot for me I reckon. 18 yard box, home end. Western Stand.

We should figure out a way to co-ordinate with the RBB so we chant as one :D

That dive was embarrassing.

It was pretty awful but as he's a big bloke and not the speediest it's always going to look worse than when other players do it. It's his job; hold it up; he can't dribble through cos he's only got one or two moves and they are sideways anyway... when he goes forward into that position it's either break through or go over.

I liked though how everyone was screaming for a penalty and then the replay came up and everyone just laughed.

I thought initially, live at the match, that he was woeful. But on the replay it was one of his better matches, maybe his best?

I'd second that mack. Really outmuscled the heart defense and held the ball up well; constant work rate and even a few flashes of skill.

minus points for:

(i was going to say the dive but as i've defended him above can't really do that)

losing pace towards the end affecting his positioning (but what do you expect)

I really thought he should have scored but then their keeper had an immense game and it was fairly tight  so perhaps this is harsh.

Okay he's bigger, balder and hasn't scored as many goals for his national team, but he seems to be filling the same role that Viduka had for the Socceroos during the 2006 WC. He holds up the ball and acts as a focus for the defence whilst speedier and more creative midfielders (i.e. Bridge, Ono, Hersi) are looked at for being the real goal scorers. And last night big Dino seemed a little bit more balanced with the ball at his feet than in previous games. Yet again I believe Popa knows what he is doing with Dino, which is plenty good enough for me.

Okay he's bigger, balder and hasn't scored as many goals for his national team, but he seems to be filling the same role that Viduka had for the Socceroos during the 2006 WC. He holds up the ball and acts as a focus for the defence whilst speedier and more creative midfielders (i.e. Bridge, Ono, Hersi) are looked at for being the real goal scorers. And last night big Dino seemed a little bit more balanced with the ball at his feet than in previous games. Yet again I believe Popa knows what he is doing with Dino, which is plenty good enough for me.

Couldnt agree more .. In Popa We Trust!

'Dino Dino' is Music to Kresinger’s Ears

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/wswanderersfc/news-display/Dino-Dino-is-Music-to-Kresingers-Ears/59534

“It is really good to play for Wanderers,†he said.

“We are playing really good and getting good results and the fans are unbelievable.

“I knew it would be tougher at a new club and with a new twenty players and it would take time to play good but it is happening faster than I expected.

“What I didn’t expect was the fans and they are unbelievable and they are with us every game and we enjoy that.â€

Our Dino is just as good with his words as he is when he shoots on goal ;-)

Love his work!