Music Thread 2

mack

26th November 2016 marks the 40th anniversary of a ground breaking single and the start of one of the most influential albums ever.

26th Nov 1976 (before I was born lol) was the release date of the Sex Pistols 'Anarchy in the UK' which went on to be a main track on 'Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols' which usually falls in the top 50 greatest albums of all time.

It is amazing to think when Malcolm McLaren got this group together then had little experience of writing or playing anything as group, Steve Jones was a ******* nasty bastard who spent most of his time breaking and entering, but somehow managed to get down some great guitar work even thought he hated everyone in the band, non of them liked each other very much.

Anarchy in the UK, probably the greatest opening lyrics to a song lol

love the Sex Pistols. Totally encapsulated the punk image, for better and for worse.

Edited by Valter43

26th November 2016 marks the 40th anniversary of a ground breaking single and the start of one of the most influential albums ever.

26th Nov 1976 (before I was born lol) was the release date of the Sex Pistols 'Anarchy in the UK' which went on to be a main track on 'Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols' which usually falls in the top 50 greatest albums of all time.

It is amazing to think when Malcolm McLaren got this group together then had little experience of writing or playing anything as group, Steve Jones was a ******* nasty bastard who spent most of his time breaking and entering, but somehow managed to get down some great guitar work even thought he hated everyone in the band, non of them liked each other very much.

love the Sex Pistols. Totally encapsulated the punk image, for better and for worse.

Steve Jones as his best, after Johnny Rotten had left I think....

edit: so that song was on triple Js hottest 100 in 1995, just trawling through a youtube playlist of songs from that hottest 100 because I have nothing better to do - saw this, haven't heard this in a long time!

... I do have some old JJJ CDs somewhere, might dig them up for a nostalgia trip...

Edited by Kitto

Nice way to commemorate the 40th anniversary by Malcolm McLaren's son lol Burnt 5 million worth of memorabilia in the middle of the Thames

bbc  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38120496 

Edited by WSWBoro