RBB Information Night - 10/2/16

The 'flare issue' is being provoked and fanned by FFA to throw smoke in our eyes and distract us from the sellout deal on an Appeal Process that they are about to hand down. The 'debate' is morphing into a 'I won't support Active group boycotts against an unjust banning process because Actives condone flares'. If you are going to support the FFA and an unfair banning process then come out and say it. Don't hide behind the flare haze to justify being a scab.

Come on, if anyone caused any provocation it was the idiots who lit the flares. 

It would of been a great statement if FFA didnt deliver a good enough appeals process to light a pyro show in defiance. 

There's a time and place for everything. 

If it came to another boycott next week:

Jets vs Phoenix and City vs Mariners would not be noticed much.
Different story with VIC vs ADE on Friday, and the derby and Glory vs Roar on Saturday. High impact. High visibility.
I can't say I'd be looking forward to missing the derby. It is fair to say though that, by the time the game in Perth is kicked off, FFA would be in absolute tatters. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.

Hard for "wisdom" to listen when no-one backs up their internet words face to face.

Believe it or not, some of us are grown ups with real commitments and real, live children. Besides, we were always going to get"anyone who rips pyro does at their own risk." from the RBB anyway. That kind of rhetoric gets us nowhere. Tell me Mack, were they open to debate??
The people who run the RBB and who came to the meeting all have real commitments and live with real people and children. This meeting has been known for a while. Yes, they were open to debate. I'm not sure what you want the RBB to do, should the Capo run into the stands and tackle anyone he thinks ripped a flare, assuming they weren't busy being the capo. I'm sure if you said whatever you wanted to the RBB leadership they would have listened and responded respectfully.

Hard for "wisdom" to listen when no-one backs up their internet words face to face.

I have met many people from this site and had great lengthy chats in the past on the issue. Why would I waste my time airing concerns when we know full well where the problem lies and their reluctance to change their rusted on views at the detriment of the club we all support?May as well talk to a brick wall, difference being the brick wall may absorb some of the concern aired and not have their poor egos crushed.
Ah, so you just want to pontificate here, on other websites and to your friends, but deem an actual discussion with the people who you think are the problem as 'pointless'. Don't complain that no-one listens to you after being given the chance to directly say it to the capo & rbb's leadership face to face, then not taking it.

Mack, I planned to go but my daughter had an important meeting at school. What would you choose? I really hope someone asked the questions I would like to ask.

My answer to what I would like the RBB to do. Simple. Condemn flares. Say they don't want them, not because they aren't great, but because the stakes are too high. The membership want the points over the flares. Saying "do so at your own risk" is fence sitting and I think they know it.

Wow, you really should have come and asked that question to the guys that set this night up (for people like you i might add it is the whole reason these nights are put together so fans can go and get information and ask questions etc). they would have told you contrary to your belief that they have jobs, family, children, lives the difference between them and you is they sacrifice a **** load of that time family and life so that you have a better game day experience and so they can organize nights FOR YOU TO GO AND ASK QUESTIONS YOU WANT ANSWERED. to say the bloc is fence sitting is an absolute joke they have stated several time they do not condone flares and anyone that lights them does so at there own risk and they have never shied away from discussing there view on them (example is last ******* night). my advise to you is there will be another meeting similar to this one in the future book it in your calendar so you have no excuses and go and ask the questions you want answered yourself but dont for one second try and play the i have kids card it is just pathetic. No one form the core comes on here anymore (quiet frankly because they are sick of people like you i think) but st peters does quiet a bit ask him what he has had to sacrifice over the years so that the cove can create an atmosphere and be all it can be.

The 'flare issue' is being provoked and fanned by FFA to throw smoke in our eyes and distract us from the sellout deal on an Appeal Process that they are about to hand down. The 'debate' is morphing into a 'I won't support Active group boycotts against an unjust banning process because Actives condone flares'. If you are going to support the FFA and an unfair banning process then come out and say it. Don't hide behind the flare haze to justify being a scab.

I think you're jumping the gun somewhat here. We haven't seen what the FFA is proposing yet. People then have to decide nest steps.

thing is - no active group has seen what the FFA is proposing - they have been left out of the loop, which wasn't part of the deal. Any draft work of the proposals have only seen the eyes of the stadiums, clubs and police, and we aren't getting any input into it.

so don't worry about people deciding the next steps - its looking like the FFA have decided for us.

Believe it or not, some of us are grown ups with real commitments and real, live children. Besides, we were always going to get

"anyone who rips pyro does at their own risk." from the RBB anyway. That kind of rhetoric gets us nowhere. Tell me Mack, were they open to debate??

The people who run the RBB and who came to the meeting all have real commitments and live with real people and children. This meeting has been known for a while.

Yes, they were open to debate.

I'm not sure what you want the RBB to do, should the Capo run into the stands and tackle anyone he thinks ripped a flare, assuming they weren't busy being the capo.

I'm sure if you said whatever you wanted to the RBB leadership they would have listened and responded respectfully.

I have met many people from this site and had great lengthy chats in the past on the issue. Why would I waste my time airing concerns when we know full well where the problem lies and their reluctance to change their rusted on views at the detriment of the club we all support?

May as well talk to a brick wall, difference being the brick wall may absorb some of the concern aired and not have their poor egos crushed.

Ah, so you just want to pontificate here, on other websites and to your friends, but deem an actual discussion with the people who you think are the problem as 'pointless'. Don't complain that no-one listens to you after being given the chance to directly say it to the capo & rbb's leadership face to face, then not taking it.

Sorry I missed this.  Would have been happy to come along and say this face to face.  Unfortunately was tied up with Community Football activities as we prepare for the upcoming season.

My view though is that the wording above that you have quoted on Twitter

"Once again RBB leadership comes out by saying that anyone who rips pyro does at their own risk."  

does not and never has actually condemned the use of flares which is very different from the wording above which neither endorses nor specifically discourages it.  It is effectively sitting on the fence and gives those that decide to do so at their own risk the potential view that they can continue to do it and the RBB will simply turn a blind eye.  I believe that is the stance of this site as well and I don't support that.  I believe the wording is deliberately vague.  But if that is what it is and the RBB would not shift from that position then we can make our own conclusions and infer our own meaning of what is written.

Here was my take on the forum and the main points while being there. If I have mentioned anything that is incorrect, apologies in advance. I did not write anything down so I may be wrong.

- Flares was the first thing discussed. As previous stated by everyone. RBB said 'we don't condone flares and if you pop one it is at your risk'. Which doesn't say much as they didn't say no to flare. Their reasoning was that it is out of their control and it will always be there.

-They moved on to the appeals process. They went through the process of what went on during that meeting last year in Dec. 

• Active representatives from each group met before the meeting with the FFA to discuss what they want from the FFA.
  • It was agreed upon by the 10 representatives that Luis (RBB member/Lawyer) will represent everyone.
  • During the process of the meeting there was back and forth between each party until it was agreed upon the terms.
  • Active groups wanted an earlier date for the appeals process to be in place. FFA said not enough time. It was from the FFA they want the deadline to be 19th Feb. All parties agreed on that date.
  • It was agreed upon FFA will send through a draft copy of the appeals process to all stakeholders. This was never done. The fans did not receive a draft copy for review.

- Alot of statements about flares. But I believe majority agreed we love flares but if it hurts our club we don't want to see them. 

- Cr Steven Issa spoke about focusing on the positives rather the negatives. We should stand together instead of fighting with one another.

- Media and perception from the public was mentioned. People bagging out other codes.

- Someone mentioned about the future stadium, ask if RBB can help influence for 35k seating and safe standing. RBB said they were approached by the club to go to the PwC meeting. They said yes but hear no word of it. Cr Issa did say talks about relocating pool area, Stadium will need to have access from all 4 entry points. 

- There was mention of future boycotts. Tomorrow (Friday) we should receive the final draft of the appeals process. Depending on the outcome, RBB will be boycotting the Sydney Derby. Their opinion is, there is a high chance FFA will not deliver.

- RBB mentioned a 'flares management plan' proposed by the FFA. This was knocked back by the RBB because they want to tackle each issue at a time.

- There was discussion on charities. Cancer, mental health, drug addiction. All good causes and I hope RBB will help each and everyone of them.

There was other statements made by many fans. Everything was taken on board by the RBB.

My overall feel about this forum. It was worth going, it was transparent. No bullshit. It was good hearing from other fans.

Believe it or not, some of us are grown ups with real commitments and real, live children. Besides, we were always going to get

"anyone who rips pyro does at their own risk." from the RBB anyway. That kind of rhetoric gets us nowhere. Tell me Mack, were they open to debate??

The people who run the RBB and who came to the meeting all have real commitments and live with real people and children. This meeting has been known for a while.

I'm not sure what you want the RBB to do, should the Capo run into the stands and tackle anyone he thinks ripped a flare, assuming they weren't busy being the capo.

I'm sure if you said whatever you wanted to the RBB leadership they would have listened and responded respectfully.

I have met many people from this site and had great lengthy chats in the past on the issue. Why would I waste my time airing concerns when we know full well where the problem lies and their reluctance to change their rusted on views at the detriment of the club we all support?

May as well talk to a brick wall, difference being the brick wall may absorb some of the concern aired and not have their poor egos crushed.

Yes it is pointless whilst the RBB are set in their ways not denouncing Pyro shows and wiping them from the terrace. it's not my place to tell them what is right and wrong but it is ridiculous to think I should go out of my way to tell them what they already know. That is Flares are hurting our club and our game, blind Freddy can see this and not me or anyone else who does the right thing should have to tell people to pull their heads in when it affects all of us. It's called RESPECT and common sense, which is lacking greatly from the RBB leadership.

Funny how they can tell people to sing louder, jump higher, wave scarves, shirts off but can't tell them that flares aren't welcome in the terraces...  :arniesalt:  

Yes it is pointless whilst the RBB are set in their ways not denouncing Pyro shows and wiping them from the terrace. it's not my place to tell them what is right and wrong but it is ridiculous to think I should go out of my way to tell them what they already know. That is Flares are hurting our club and our game, blind Freddy can see this and not me or anyone else who does the right thing should have to tell people to pull their heads in when it affects all of us. It's called RESPECT and common sense, which is lacking greatly from the RBB leadership.

Funny how they can tell people to sing louder, jump higher, wave scarves, shirts off but can't tell them that flares aren't welcome in the terraces...  :arniesalt:  

:golecapproves:

Instead of preaching here. Why don't you go to the forum and try to articulate your arguments to them. They are happy to discuss in an open forum. It's not just RBB member that went to the forum. It was WSW fans.

It was your chance to question their integrity for the love of the club in front of the public. Enough with this bullshit it's 'pointless talking to the RBB'.

Your very outspoken when it comes to flares but don't bitch about it behind their backs. Maybe you need to hear their reasoning why they didn't denounce flares and your point across to them because I do believe your points is very valid and I agree with most of your statements.

A friend of mine after the forum ask that question to one of the core members. He ask why didn't they denounce flares or make an open statement after the Saturday game. He said they were going to but they got advice from someone it won't help with the situation. It wasn't about flares. It was about football, being a westie, having a large co-ordinate group, media selling papers. So therefore it won't change a thing.

If lets say RBB did put out a statement condemning flares and some idiot decides to light one. It just looks bad no matter what.

I think you're jumping the gun somewhat here. We haven't seen what the FFA is proposing yet. People then have to decide nest steps.

thing is - no active group has seen what the FFA is proposing - they have been left out of the loop, which wasn't part of the deal. Any draft work of the proposals have only seen the eyes of the stadiums, clubs and police, and we aren't getting any input into it.

so don't worry about people deciding the next steps - its looking like the FFA have decided for us.

When the issue was discussed and the review into the banning process agreed to did the FFA agree that active groups will get an input into it?

if they did then it is a worry if they have reneged on that.

Edited by beatsurrender

I still don't understand how the RBB saying "if you rip pyro, it is at your own risk and the RBB will not support you" is being interpreted negatively. What else can they do? You get no support from the RBB if you use pyro.

Seems like people want the RBB to say they will beat you up and handcuff you for the cops. Even then the antiRBB crowd won't be happy.

End of the day people had a chance to say to the RBB in person what they want, and pretty much noone said anything that matched the rhetoric on the internet. Makes me think they don't care about the issue,just about look cool by being edgy against the RBB.

If the RBB do have the power to condemn flares poppers, they should have the power to condemn sponges too. You can't have it both ways, you can't say people don't have to stand and sing if they don't want to then say that person can't pop flares if he wants to.

Asking the RBB to make a stand on laws of state is ridiculous when people can't even respect them enough to follow rules of active support

so does anyone actually know when the decision is set to be made about the deduction?? im hearing this morning, tomorrow after the weekend ???

https://twitter.com/lucyzelic/status/697581708321763328
That's a very quick turnaround.

They've obviously been talking to the club in the background and knew the decision beforehand. They can get things done quickly whe they want to!

so does anyone actually know when the decision is set to be made about the deduction?? im hearing this morning, tomorrow after the weekend ???

https://twitter.com/lucyzelic/status/697581708321763328
That's a very quick turnaround.

They've obviously been talking to the club in the background and knew the decision beforehand. They can get things done quickly whe they want to!

or they didnt give a **** what the club had to say in the first place, the NRL/AFL media is calling for our clubs head so the FFA had already probably made up there mind to make us the example.

Enthusiasm from season one faded out and we had a **** season so less people overall.

It's not only that, the RBB did things in S1 that doesn't happen anymore.

Westfield flash mobs

W League matches

Powerchair matches

The things that brought new people in aren't around anymore.

Lucy Zelic says it all about how easy it is to get flares, imo.  Btw, the RBB forum last night was well organised and conducted in a very respectible manner. Opinions were freely voiced.  Will attend again.

https://www.facebook.com/SBSTheWorldGame/videos/10153793766832752/

Sorry in advance if it was posted previously.  But I think a few comments from last night meeting regarding the flares being 'illegal' would've been answered with this video.

The RBB leadership needs to come out and directly say they are against murder and robbery otherwise they are sitting on the fence telling members kill and rob and suffer whatever consequences. Why is it the responsibility of the RBB to enforce the laws of the land especially when pyro at football matches is hey not that uncommon around the world. Those that say the flare rippers are the provocateurs are about to absolve the FFA for what they are about to hand down. An animal has yet to change its stripes so to say I'm jumping the gun is a bit rich on your own lack of understanding of how things truly stand. A flare ripper on the Melbourne march was given a mouthful as was one at the Newcastle game so to say there is tacit approval also goes against these facts. But yet here we are debating flares again when the real issues are buried under hysterical law and order froth

explain what happens now for those of us who don't know. Is there any self-policing?

i.e.

- if there is pyro but you don't see who was responsible for it

- if there is pyro and you saw who was responsible for it

I still don't understand how the RBB saying "if you rip pyro, it is at your own risk and the RBB will not support you" is being interpreted negatively. What else can they do? You get no support from the RBB if you use pyro.

Seems like people want the RBB to say they will beat you up and handcuff you for the cops. Even then the antiRBB crowd won't be happy.

End of the day people had a chance to say to the RBB in person what they want, and pretty much noone said anything that matched the rhetoric on the internet. Makes me think they don't care about the issue,just about look cool by being edgy against the RBB.

Would you like a situation where I could accuse you of ripping one, and you get removed either by Rbb members or police and security with no evidence?

Or would you like there to be some evidence?

Because when the evidence exists, the security and cops do it anyway.