Melbourne City: Season 2017/18

I am not totally convinced by Heart yet.

They beat both Roar and Victory who both have ageing players.

Wellington Phoenix, enough said about them

Adelaide Utd, well they were just poor last night.

They've got the Smurfs next week, I think they will beat them, the smurfs haven't been convincing.

Then they've got us the week after which I think they wont beat us.

24 minutes ago, SBW said:

I am not totally convinced by Heart yet.

They beat both Roar and Victory who both have ageing players.

Wellington Phoenix, enough said about them

Adelaide Utd, well they were just poor last night.

They've got the Smurfs next week, I think they will beat them, the smurfs haven't been convincing.

Then they've got us the week after which I think they wont beat us.

Jamieson went down with a calf injury so expect a 3-6 week recovery.

jakobsen to left back till Jamo recovers.

Next week Malik is suspended so Brattan to start. Kilkenny to start or on the bench.

cahill off on Roo duty next 2 weeks so he won't be mustering the troops like he did last night.

On 28/10/2017 at 10:53 PM, mack said:

idk about that, Adelaide were as bad as they were against us in the cup, except they didn't get a cheap goal from Aspro falling over and no fluke 25 yarder.

I thought they were excellent, had plenty of injuries, low bodies to back up and 3 games in 7 days.

On top of that they played with an incredible amount of intensity and looked very good for 70 minutes of the game. Adelaide shared lots of parallels to our game on Tuesday.

Adelaide head and shoulders the better team, the first goal was a bit dodgy and the second was an incredible strike. The manager then decided not to make any changes despite the team tiring and them looking horrible in the last 20 minutes. Remind you of anyone :lol: 

———————-

City lots of hype about that team, the depth they had on the bench was ridiculous. They didn’t play the best, great start to the game, made the opposition pay and didn’t concede. I’d say, first they didn’t concede more to do with the lack of quality on the opposition and second, would love the defenders to get carded for persistent fouling! How many times did Muscat, Brattan and Malik constantly foul but the referee wouldn’t go to his cards.

Another sky blue team does the same and also doesn’t get punished for it :rolleyes: 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Bugger, thought he was going to be “trialing overseas”. Disappointing to see him end up at City

He was. Some discussion in one of squad development threads. Promised first team but trained with the reserves. Not sure which team but the missing Taurus was all over it.

1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

What is the Cahill rumor Simon hill refers to in commentary? Why is Ross M not travelled when he is fit just not selected?

I think the Cahill rumour has to do with his comments after the Socceroos game where he said he had some decisions to make about his future. People took that to mean that if he doesn't get enough game time at City he may want to move.

No idea why McCormack didn't travel.

7 hours ago, Davo said:

I think the Cahill rumour has to do with his comments after the Socceroos game where he said he had some decisions to make about his future. People took that to mean that if he doesn't get enough game time at City he may want to move.

No idea why McCormack didn't travel.

Nor Carrusca. Check out Fox. 

Trouble in Paradise 

• 2 weeks later...

According to Expand the A-League FB page...

They have inside info that the Club is about to do a massive shake up of players and staff in the next week...

If true... It would be interesting to watch this unfold...

9 hours ago, SBW said:

According to Expand the A-League FB page...

They have inside info that the Club is about to do a massive shake up of players and staff in the next week...

If true... It would be interesting to watch this unfold...

Interesting hope the totally implode

Looks like Ca$hill has fallen out with Joyce... looks like he will be released immediately...

A couple of the foreign players are being released as well... Brandan is one of them, not sure who's the other one but I am guessing it would be Fornaroli...

Edited by SBW
3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Cahill rumoured to be going to the Smurfs,

That will definitely happen.

They are made for each other 

Agrees to minimum wage under the cap “to promote the game in his home town” oh and by the way he will be a highly paid coach next year (despite having no coaching qualifications)

I used to love the guy when he played for Everton

Ca$hill to Yokohama F. Marinos if Ange gets the coaching job there?

Possible reasons

- City football group own Yokohama

- Yokohama sponsored by Nissan and also have ownership stake of the club and Ca$hill is the brand's ambassador

- could get first team opportunity under Ange at Yokohama

Edited by SBW

I can't blame him for pursing regular football in a bid to make what will likely be his final world cup. With a new manager coming, he needs to prove he's still got it more than ever.

On the other hand, it really does make the whole way he was signed a great big pile of ****, especially if he walks away from the A-League completely. His contract was front loaded with the help of the now defunct Cahill fund, so he's walking away with a decent pay cheque funded by the other clubs through the FFA. You can't help but feel a bit ripped off.

Well played Mr Vi$ion, well played.

17 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

I can't blame him for pursing regular football in a bid to make what will likely be his final world cup. With a new manager coming, he needs to prove he's still got it more than ever.

On the other hand, it really does make the whole way he was signed a great big pile of ****, especially if he walks away from the A-League completely. His contract was front loaded with the help of the now defunct Cahill fund, so he's walking away with a decent pay cheque funded by the other clubs through the FFA. You can't help but feel a bit ripped off.

Well played Mr Vi$ion, well played.

But it’s ok he has delivered a lasting legacy, crowds are up, viewing figures, everybody is talking about the a league...

they should have gone with Jarryd Hayne shouldn’t they 

4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

But it’s ok he has delivered a lasting legacy, crowds are up, viewing figures, everybody is talking about the a league...

they should have gone with Jarryd Hayne shouldn’t they 

It's not too late to recruit Hayne - the referees need a boost.