International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

52 minutes ago, Legionista said:

Wasn't sure where to put this so here we are.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/07/world/climate-emissions-china-developed-nations-intl/index.html

Second half of the article is entertaining.

I’m confused about “entertaining”. China’s footprint is growing, yet we continue to depend on them to make everything. Why are we handing them money to eventually pollute us out of existence?  

China’s power grows by the day, their collaboration with the world shrinks......tick tock. 

Meanwhile......what I also got from that article is the the US produced 11% of emissions with 3% of the world population. I’m sure if I saw Australia’s stats we wouldn’t be much better......sigh. 

3 hours ago, Cynth said:

I’m confused about “entertaining”. 

Legia just being a smart arse, and anticipating being entertained by our predictable responses. ;)

You know how this works! ;)

3 hours ago, Cynth said:

I’m confused about “entertaining”. China’s footprint is growing, yet we continue to depend on them to make everything. Why are we handing them money to eventually pollute us out of existence?  

China’s power grows by the day, their collaboration with the world shrinks......tick tock. 

Meanwhile......what I also got from that article is the the US produced 11% of emissions with 3% of the world population. I’m sure if I saw Australia’s stats we wouldn’t be much better......sigh. 

PS Great response.

And yes...our stats would be much the same as the US. 

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

My apologies, didnt mean to upset you.

Now will leave you all to it, plus it ******* pongs in here....

Like my old man says after a whole day working on the car,

”Only dirty people shower”

4 hours ago, Cynth said:

Depend?

Gee no wonder people aren't voting for this empty suit.

5 hours ago, wendybr said:

Depressing...and I don't know that the point made at the end is "entertaining".

It's a good reminder to anyone who wants to do the best they can to limit their impact on the planet, that it's us as consumers who are collectively responsible.

:(:(

It's not just consumers. Obama and Trump both slapped huge import tariffs on Chinese import solar panels. The Australian Government considered doing the same thing in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read and it's so sad 65% of GOP voters refuse to get the vaccine.

Reasons vary, it's only the flu, the media are making it up, it is a scam to get Bill Gates more money, doctors are lying to get more money and the list keeps growing.

Logic, reason, mistrust of those in authority, all helped with ring wing media daily finding new doom an gloom reasons to be scared.

I do wonder aloud where this is all gonna end.

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Reasons vary, it's only the flu, the media are making it up, it is a scam to get Bill Gates more money, doctors are lying to get more money and the list keeps growing.

Logic, reason, mistrust of those in authority, all helped with ring wing media daily finding new doom an gloom reasons to be scared.

I think this guy summed it up pretty well.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

14 hours ago, Midfielder said:

For quite a few GOP voters potentiallyin hospital or the grave yard

15 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Lol

Darwinism at its finest

If Bill Gates was actually profiting off this vaccine, why isn't he the richest man in the world? And if he's so powerful, why can't he remove this video from the internet:

On 21/05/2021 at 5:11 AM, Midfielder said:

And yet their fuhrer was first in line to get it as were his children. Go figure.

24 minutes ago, Bones said:

It's not a phenomenon, it's hardly spoken of other than by those who can use it for political gains, don'tbother watching the other 3 eps lol . Old mates outrageous post above ^^ is a prime example. 

Nah...I will watch it.

It was interesting...no....fascinating... to "meet" the person who created 8 Chan, the father and son who then took it over, one of them likely to be the person behind Q.

The history of that side of the internet, as well as the people who do...or now hopefully DID follow the Q stuff  is very interesting, and disturbing.

As for The Young Turks clip...I only watched a few minutes of it.

I don't know about those figures they were quoting, but I know people here who believe  that the world is run by Satanic paedophiles etc etc.

I don't know how many, but it's a thing here, not just in the US.

• mack locked this topic