Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

14 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

i have very mixed feelings a lot about what jacqui lambie says about half her opinions are stupid imo and half are excellent but i do very much agree with her opinion on the drug testing for newstart, personally its not something that worries me because i only drink a bit but its still a form of class warfare which is just not helpful at all

I like her!

A person of the people.

I enjoyed her "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" comments. Who knows what bored politicians get up to (apart from what's been more than hinted at while the Barnaby baby scandal was on the boil).

8 hours ago, wendybr said:

I like her!

A person of the people.

I enjoyed her "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" comments. Who knows what bored politicians get up to (apart from what's been more than hinted at while the Barnaby baby scandal was on the boil).

i do like her but at the same time i do think she has a few somewhat racist opinions that said i could be wrong but i am pretty sure she was one of those who was speaking out against Muslim immigration but maybe i am wrong about that, but apart from that i like her too, and that is true, maybe politics would be more exciting if it was a requirement that they had to be high :P

50 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

And my idiot local member is still in the news for being a red neck.

Angus Taylor taken to task over sudden drop in renewable energy investment https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/sep/12/angus-taylor-taken-to-task-over-sudden-drop-in-renewable-energy-investment?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Hahahaha - your admiration for Mr Taylor is very very apparent, Paul!  :lol::lol:

PS I'm glad he's not my local member!

2 hours ago, mack said:

Even if he sacks her she'll just stay as an independent and vote with them anyway.

If she resigns from the conservatives her protection from being investigated by the federal police and security services  

Well here's a way to hide your mates and the allowed shoddy building standards allowed by the NSW Conservatives Govt

NSW tells councils to cite terrorism to keep flammable cladding locations secret https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/sep/16/nsw-tells-councils-cite-terrorism-flammable-cladding-locations-secret?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

2 minutes ago, Legionista said:

So what did the conservatives do?

If they called for an inquiry into funding of the NSW Labor Party and it turned that the people who said they gave them funds were actually associated with the conservatives. If that is the case then the conservatives lied about election funding.

I hope the enlightened councils tell the Federal govt to shove it!

Let the Commonwealth govt arrange their own ceremonies whenever they want and leave councils who are growing an awareness of the insensitivity of celebrating a "national day" on the 26th Jan to do what they see fit.

Even if citizenship ceremonies are forced to go ahead on the 26th, I hope councils stick to their plans, and that other "festivities" happen at a different time.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/bizarre-heavy-handed-councils-push-back-on-changes-to-australia-day-citizenship-ceremonies

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic