wendybr

Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

i am really hoping that Sri Lankan family is deported, originally i hoped they could stay but that would mean i agree with alan jones and Barnaby joyce and i am just not ready to do that yet

16 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

i am really hoping that Sri Lankan family is deported, originally i hoped they could stay but that would mean i agree with alan jones and Barnaby joyce and i am just not ready to do that yet

Right.......Sort of similar to Heisenberg's "Uncertainty Principle" I suppose. That the position and velocity of an object cannot both be measured exactly, at the same time, even in theory. 

21 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

If we deport the late comers, can the Aboriginal people deport the descendents of the original boat people carted off? It appears they all had a criminal record, they came without papers, and won't be in danger when being sent back to where they came from. 

1 hour ago, FCB said:

If we deport the late comers, can the Aboriginal people deport the descendents of the original boat people carted off? It appears they all had a criminal record, they came without papers, and won't be in danger when being sent back to where they came from. 

:lol:

:good:

i think only wendy understood the sarcasm, that said it still does feel weird to agree with both of them

the australian christian lobby are a bunch of pansies getting triggered over a painting

A controversial artwork depicting the Virgin Mary cradling a giant penis has sparked outrage, with religious leaders and politicians calling for it to be taken down.

:lol:

Is that all?

lol to be honest it sounds like something 13 year old me would draw :P .........but still getting triggered over something so immature is kinda ridiculous :P

Just copying the RBB's Arnie tifo. Trying to remember if that generated any controversy...

Them double standards. 

Charlie Hebdo style attack imminent? 

i have very mixed feelings a lot about what jacqui lambie says about half her opinions are stupid imo and half are excellent but i do very much agree with her opinion on the drug testing for newstart, personally its not something that worries me because i only drink a bit but its still a form of class warfare which is just not helpful at all

14 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

i have very mixed feelings a lot about what jacqui lambie says about half her opinions are stupid imo and half are excellent but i do very much agree with her opinion on the drug testing for newstart, personally its not something that worries me because i only drink a bit but its still a form of class warfare which is just not helpful at all

I like her!

A person of the people.

I enjoyed her "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" comments. Who knows what bored politicians get up to (apart from what's been more than hinted at while the Barnaby baby scandal was on the boil).

Stat on tv this morning 81% of Australians think we should do more on climate change. 

What a load of ****, they had just had a chance to do something about it and they voted for lower taxes for the the rich 

8 hours ago, wendybr said:

I like her!

A person of the people.

I enjoyed her "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" comments. Who knows what bored politicians get up to (apart from what's been more than hinted at while the Barnaby baby scandal was on the boil).

i do like her but at the same time i do think she has a few somewhat racist opinions that said i could be wrong but i am pretty sure she was one of those who was speaking out against Muslim immigration but maybe i am wrong about that, but apart from that i like her too, and that is true, maybe politics would be more exciting if it was a requirement that they had to be high :P

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Bye bye

Guests on Gladys Liu list for Malcolm Turnbull event sparked ASIO concerns http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-11/guests-on-gladys-liu-list-for-malcolm-turnbull-event-asio/11502564

Morrison will not sack her. He has a majority of one so she will stay. 

11 minutes ago, sonar said:

Of course he won't but her candidacy for the next election is poisoned beyond repair.

And my idiot local member is still in the news for being a red neck.

Angus Taylor taken to task over sudden drop in renewable energy investment https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/sep/12/angus-taylor-taken-to-task-over-sudden-drop-in-renewable-energy-investment?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

50 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

And my idiot local member is still in the news for being a red neck.

Angus Taylor taken to task over sudden drop in renewable energy investment https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/sep/12/angus-taylor-taken-to-task-over-sudden-drop-in-renewable-energy-investment?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Hahahaha - your admiration for Mr Taylor is very very apparent, Paul!  :lol::lol:

PS I'm glad he's not my local member!

27 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hahahaha - your admiration for Mr Taylor is very very apparent, Paul!  :lol::lol:

PS I'm glad he's not my local member!

I’m glad I get  King Albo here in the people’s republic 

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

I’m glad I get  King Albo here in the people’s republic 

Lucky you.:crazy:

3 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Lucky you.:crazy:

He’s a bit too right wing for the electorate though 

The Bubble

16 hours ago, sonar said:

Even if he sacks her she'll just stay as an independent and vote with them anyway.

2 hours ago, mack said:

Even if he sacks her she'll just stay as an independent and vote with them anyway.

If she resigns from the conservatives her protection from being investigated by the federal police and security services  

21 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Of course he won't but her candidacy for the next election is poisoned beyond repair.

Really? Next election is like 3 years away. Unfortunately, people are stupid and will forget.

2 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Really? Next election is like 3 years away. Unfortunately, people are stupid and will forget.

You’d have thought so, but we live in strange times.