Youth League General Discussion

mack

7 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I actually thought it was a typo.

That is, not enough talent, but he tried.

I can confirm he is always trying, very trying!

Yep 

I tried hard, my best inninigs for Richmond Ex-Servos was 2 not out played over 2 hours, when we need a draw to make the finals. 

On 24/11/2020 at 5:58 PM, sonar said:

I was tbh a terrible football player when I was really young but still cherish my old pennants I got for participating. 

When a club says to young kids that at the start of the season you will get a trophy for participation and part of the game fee each week goes toward it you have to expect a little blowback (especially when it's young kids ( 8/9 yr olds )) when you don't deliver as promised. 

I watched my young nephews play football a few times. They were not very good at all. They all had dreams of playing for the Socceroos but you knew even then that none of them ever would.....lol

In their team was Sudanese kid who was really well liked but who wasn;t very good, even his dad said to me " I love my son but I know he's no Messi, he just loves football"....but in the last game of the season scored a match winner from about twenty metres from goal.....a screamer. You would of thought they won the world cup the way they celebrated. He came off crying into his dads arms after the game it meant that much. For kids that turn up to training and every game day a trophy of participation is really only a just reward.

Tbh I used to give back my participation trophies. If only my skills actually matched my attitude 😂

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Yeah...pity we're not in NPL1 as I reckon that last season was good for our youngsters

This may be the last season in NPL2.

NPL NSW Competitions are being restructures into 3 divisions of 16 instead of 4 divisions of 12. 

Scuttlebutt is that WSW and CCM will be in NPL1

Northbridge FC (formerly North Shore Mariners) has partnered with Macarthur Bullsh1tters and severed ties with CCM. As well, most senior players did not have their contracts renewed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/01/2021 at 1:20 PM, Paul01 said:

Northbridge FC (formerly North Shore Mariners) has partnered with Macarthur Bullsh1tters and severed ties with CCM

Was at Blacktown Football Park for trial games today. Northbridge still wearing Mariners colours at youth level.

• 3 months later...

Youth NPL will be decided today where the teams are split on the basis of Club Championship points

So far NPL1 Youth has the following clubs in the competition 

WS Wanderers
Sydney Olympic

Blacktown City
Smurfs
Manly United 
Marconi

"Relegated" to NPL2 Youth are

Bonnyrigg WE
St George
Mounties

Hills United
Northbridge Bulls

• 2 weeks later...
  • mack unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Can someone clear up a youth league refereeing question for me please.

My sons game on the weekend ended as a 2-3 loss, but in the final minute of the game his team was awarded a corner. The ref pointed to the corner to indicate a corner was to be taken.
The ball was quickly placed at the flag, and the kicker was immediately standing in position/posture to kick once the whistle was blown. The corner taker showed no hesitation, nor did he time waste in any way, all whilst the ref took his time organising players in the box. The ref then blew his whistle to signify the game over! (No extra time allowed per injuries, subs, etc).

WTF? Have I missed something? Did he have a birthday party he was late to?

Any help with the rules would be appreciated. 

20 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Can someone clear up a youth league refereeing question for me please.

My sons game on the weekend ended as a 2-3 loss, but in the final minute of the game his team was awarded a corner. The ref pointed to the corner to indicate a corner was to be taken.
The ball was quickly placed at the flag, and the kicker was immediately standing in position/posture to kick once the whistle was blown. The corner taker showed no hesitation, nor did he time waste in any way, all whilst the ref took his time organising players in the box. The ref then blew his whistle to signify the game over! (No extra time allowed per injuries, subs, etc).

WTF? Have I missed something? Did he have a birthday party he was late to?

Any help with the rules would be appreciated. 

Tricky one and I'd have to say "referee's discretion". The pattern I've observed recently at higher levels is that referees allow one last attack once time is up and an attack is in progress. However if the attacking side dithers they tend to blow for time. Not since the '74 World Cup Final have I seen the referee blow immediately after a corner has been taken.

17 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

blow immediately after a corner has been taken

That's the odd thing. The kicker didn't get to take the corner after being instructed to take a corner. The whistle blew and we expected it to be to take the kick, but the referee signalled game over.
Are there any rules that state - once the corner has been awarded by the ref it can be cancelled at the ref's discretion due to time?

2 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

That's the odd thing. The kicker didn't get to take the corner after being instructed to take a corner. The whistle blew and we expected it to be to take the kick, but the referee signalled game over.
Are there any rules that state - once the corner has been awarded by the ref it can be cancelled at the ref's discretion due to time?

There is no rule that time is added on for a corner. So if time is up, then time is up and the corner isn't taken.

There is a rule that time is extended so that a penalty can be taken.

I have participated in a match where the ref blew full-time as the ball was about to roll into an empty goal!  This meant extra time was avoided and my team lost and was out of the mini tournament. 

I've also seen my sons play a match where a penalty was awarded to their team in the last minute and after time lost due to the opposition's protestations the ref blew full-time and so effectively cancelled the penalty. The club put in a protest which resulted in the penalty being taken after full-time the next time they played against that team resulting in the earlier draw becoming a win.

3 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

There is no rule that time is added on for a corner. So if time is up, then time is up and the corner isn't taken.

There is a rule that time is extended so that a penalty can be taken.

I have participated in a match where the ref blew full-time as the ball was about to roll into an empty goal!  This meant extra time was avoided and my team lost and was out of the mini tournament. 

I've also seen my sons play a match where a penalty was awarded to their team in the last minute and after time lost due to the opposition's protestations the ref blew full-time and so effectively cancelled the penalty. The club put in a protest which resulted in the penalty being taken after full-time the next time they played against that team resulting in the earlier draw becoming a win.

Thanks mate. I think your first sentence nails it. I just thought it odd that the ref used up the entire remaining minute to organise players in the box only to blow the whistle for full time when he finished organising the box. Felt really odd. 

• 10 months later...
14 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Just saw on Dribl that 2 games were abandoned at Wanderers Football Park

Both games against Marconi U16s and U18s

Anyone know why?

The club was impacted by COVID last week. Some of the NPL players missed out playing last week against Mount Druitt. So some players might of been affected towards some of the U16 and U18 players. I thought all teams were playing NWS Spirit this week?

• 4 weeks later...

How do teams get promoted/relegated in NPL mens and NPL Youth.

Is it based on club championship for both?

How many get pro/rel each year?