Youth League General Discussion

mack

10 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

I saw what you did there :P

I actually thought it was a typo.

That is, not enough talent, but he tried.

I can confirm he is always trying, very trying!

7 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I actually thought it was a typo.

That is, not enough talent, but he tried.

I can confirm he is always trying, very trying!

Yep 

I tried hard, my best inninigs for Richmond Ex-Servos was 2 not out played over 2 hours, when we need a draw to make the finals. 

25 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Yep 

I tried hard, my best inninigs for Richmond Ex-Servos was 2 not out played over 2 hours, when we need a draw to make the finals. 

Ah but at what point did you tire? :yahoo:

On 24/11/2020 at 5:58 PM, sonar said:

I was tbh a terrible football player when I was really young but still cherish my old pennants I got for participating. 

When a club says to young kids that at the start of the season you will get a trophy for participation and part of the game fee each week goes toward it you have to expect a little blowback (especially when it's young kids ( 8/9 yr olds )) when you don't deliver as promised. 

I watched my young nephews play football a few times. They were not very good at all. They all had dreams of playing for the Socceroos but you knew even then that none of them ever would.....lol

In their team was Sudanese kid who was really well liked but who wasn;t very good, even his dad said to me " I love my son but I know he's no Messi, he just loves football"....but in the last game of the season scored a match winner from about twenty metres from goal.....a screamer. You would of thought they won the world cup the way they celebrated. He came off crying into his dads arms after the game it meant that much. For kids that turn up to training and every game day a trophy of participation is really only a just reward.

Tbh I used to give back my participation trophies. If only my skills actually matched my attitude 😂

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Yeah...pity we're not in NPL1 as I reckon that last season was good for our youngsters

This may be the last season in NPL2.

NPL NSW Competitions are being restructures into 3 divisions of 16 instead of 4 divisions of 12. 

Scuttlebutt is that WSW and CCM will be in NPL1

Northbridge FC (formerly North Shore Mariners) has partnered with Macarthur Bullsh1tters and severed ties with CCM. As well, most senior players did not have their contracts renewed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/01/2021 at 1:20 PM, Paul01 said:

Northbridge FC (formerly North Shore Mariners) has partnered with Macarthur Bullsh1tters and severed ties with CCM

Was at Blacktown Football Park for trial games today. Northbridge still wearing Mariners colours at youth level.