Health Thread

Guest mickisnot

Wanderdogs smooth the stomach and heal the soul.

*soothe

I'm not entirely sure now how you'd smooth the stomach

Eat sandpaper.

Is this worthy of an "amazing" fact?
Guest ZipGunBop

*soothe
Eat sandpaper.

Everything I say is.

I am always factual all the time.

Never ever cynical or sarcastic.

Never ever.

my stomach is so unsettled i feel like ****

Hope you're okay now?

no wanderdog and now i feel great thank you i am not sure what that was

i had this unsettled feeling in my stomach, i thought sleep would settle it down but then i wake up throwing up, i feel extremely hot that any kind of warm makes me feel extremely hot and made me throw up, for 1 hour or 2 i was just sitting, freezing and unsure what to do, after more throwing up i risked it and went to bed and lucky fell asleep even if my stomach still felt bad and when i woke up i felt great

i dont know what the hell that was but glad its gone, i had a similar thing happen to me a few times but i am unsure why it happened or what the cause was, i didnt eat much apart from an amazing BBQ chicken subway

thank you very much

did u have anything to drink last night :ninja:

lol not that much, thank you for the drink btw

Guest mickisnot

*soothe
Eat sandpaper.
Everything I say is.

I am always factual all the time.

Never ever cynical or sarcastic.

Never ever.

Never ever have I accompanied your posts with a bucket of salt

feeling less sick but still somewhat sick, i have not eaten since about midday yesterday, i like food

You obviously had a temperature when you were feeling really bad through the night. Your body is telling you to do what you probably need to do.... rest!  If you feel up to eating... try just a little to start with.  And make sure you take a little bit of water regularly.

You'll probably sleep well tonight to finish your process of fighting off a bug of some sort, and the chances are you'll wake up feeling fine in the morning.  Hope so!

feeling less sick but still somewhat sick, i have not eaten since about midday yesterday, i like food

You obviously had a temperature when you were feeling really bad through the night. Your body is telling you to do what you probably need to do.... rest!  If you feel up to eating... try just a little to start with.  And make sure you take a little bit of water regularly.

You'll probably sleep well tonight to finish you process of fighting off a bug of some sort, and the chances are you'll wake up feeling fine in the morning.  Hope so!

thank you very much, i need to have more water i am having lemonade which is making my stomach a bit less chaotic(at least giving me the illusion)

You'll probably sleep well tonight to finish you process of fighting off a bug of some sort, and the chances are you'll wake up feeling fine in the morning.  Hope so!

thank you very much, i need to have more water i am having lemonade which is making my stomach a bit less chaotic(at least giving me the illusion)

get some citrus into your system, oranges etc help boost your immune system, and its also nice with malibu and coke slice of lime  :ninja:

A guy I hadn't seen for a while commented on some weight gain of mine . " Getting a bit of a gut there mate?" he says laughing. I reply

" Yeah , yer missus bakes me a cake every time I **** her !" :P

I know I know , it's an old joke ......:P

Is it normal to be waking up multiple times a night?

Yes.
It only becomes an issue when you can't get back to sleep, is this the case? Generally zip is right, we wake up multiple times a night and usually we aren't conscious to actually realise we woke up.
I can usually get back to sleep easily.
  • 7 years later...

Bump! :lol:

I come across really interesting health related materials these days.

Never thought to look on You tube for such materials in the past, but now I do.

Anyway, especially related to boosting one's immune system, which has to be in everyone's best interest at ANY time, let alone in the middle of a global pandemic, I'll post some of them here.

Will keep things away from current affairs and vaccination threads.

I'll be back later with some.

I know some of you can hardly wait!   :lol:

27 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Anyway, especially related to boosting one's immune system, which has to be in everyone's best interest at ANY time, let alone in the middle of a global pandemic, I'll post some of them here.

Too late, time's up  and I've already eaten my yoghurt!

57 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Looks like you've found another thread where you can post "information". By the time you are finished Mack will have been forced to lock most threads.

Try history and science books instead of youtube videos. You might learn how bacterial and viral infections differ. You might also learn about the "novel virus" thing, and that the native populations of Australia and the Americas were doing quite alright in the immune system department. What they didn't have were anti bodies when influenza viruses were introduced by the colonial powers. It would have been great at the time if they could have been vaccinated, but sadly that wasn't an option. And so they died in masses.

But no doubt a healthy immune system helps fighting bacterial infections.

5 hours ago, FCB said:

Looks like you've found another thread where you can post "information". By the time you are finished Mack will have been forced to lock most threads.

Try history and science books instead of youtube videos. You might learn how bacterial and viral infections differ. You might also learn about the "novel virus" thing, and that the native populations of Australia and the Americas were doing quite alright in the immune system department. What they didn't have were anti bodies when influenza viruses were introduced by the colonial powers. It would have been great at the time if they could have been vaccinated, but sadly that wasn't an option. And so they died in masses.

I'm going to rely on racist blues guitarists for my health information.

On 08/10/2021 at 2:10 PM, FCB said:

I actually wanted to post things here with absolutely nothing to do with anything at all controversial, and certainly nothing to do vaccines.

At a time when we have to live with virus, there can be no harm in learning about our immune system.

I've learnt heaps about how it works, and how to improve it...

I wanted to do that, because I have thought of people in this community as my friends, whom I care about.

I am still getting used to being thought of as a "nutter" and a pariah.

On 08/10/2021 at 2:10 PM, FCB said:

You have more of a health and science background than I do, so perhaps you, or some of those who liked your post, can explain how, without antibodies (and with just their immune system to protect them) ANY of the indigenous people of Australia and the America's survived the onslaught of smallpox and influenza?

Certainly, they died by the million, tragically. But many survived, quite obviously.

And of course it would have been wonderful if they'd had a vaccine.

While you're at it, how have 98 -99% of those who have survived this virus before the vaccine rollout done so without vaccine induced antibodies?

And...how have any of our human ancestors survived the constant barrage of viruses throughout history without the benefit of vaccine induced antibodies????

And PLEASE don't anyone suggest that I'm simply dismissing the 1-2% of people who have who died horribly from this virus, or that very significant number of others whose health has been compromised, potentially permanently, by this insideous virus.

I'm very aware of their suffering.

I am not a Sars-Cov-2 virus denier.

Thank you, Paul.

Every word of that is very  interesting. :good:

It would be wonderful to have that research done, and possibly screening available to find those most vulnerable.

Have you seen anything about the different levels of susceptibility of different blood types to the virus, as well?

What is interesting is that a lot of Europeans had already had a form of vaccination.

There is still debate over how smallpox broke out in the Sydney area in 1789. Its impact on Aboriginal people across Australia was devastating.

Without previous exposure to the smallpox virus, Aboriginal people had no resistance, and up to 70 per cent were killed by the disease.

https://www.nma.gov.au/defining-moments/resources/smallpox-epidemic

Edited by sonar
12 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Thank you, Paul.

Every word of that is very  interesting. :good:

It would be wonderful to have that research done, and possibly screening available to find those most vulnerable.

Have you seen anything about the different levels of susceptibility of different blood types to the virus, as well?

I have looked at any of that. I will investigate further for scholarly articles.

However, it is well known in the medical industry that certain genotypes will react or not react to certain drugs. 

There was some attempts at using Interferons in Covid-19 treatment. Nothing of note has come to fruition from that.

Blood type and Covid-19 

Extract from Conclusion (the closest to plain English)

At this point in time, there does not appear to be any relationship between blood type and COVID-19–related severity of illness or mortality. Current literature does not support blood type as part of a predictive model of viral illness or mortality, and ABO/Rh screening should not be used as a triage mechanism. Future investigations can focus on the creation of a global COVID-19 database to account for population-based differences in blood types and testing protocols. In addition, further studies are necessary to understand the molecular mechanisms by which blood types might engender susceptibility to SARS-CoV-2 infection, and ultimately, develop countermeasures to viral infection and illness.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8286549/

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

I actually wanted to post things here with absolutely nothing to do with anything at all controversial, and certainly nothing to do vaccines.

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

While you're at it, how have 98 -99% of those who have survived this virus before the vaccine rollout done so without vaccine induced antibodies?

And...how have any of our human ancestors survived the constant barrage of viruses throughout history without the benefit of vaccine induced antibodies????

I am not a Sars-Cov-2 virus denier.

That didn't last long did it? It took you one post to go back to COVID

As for not being a denier, yep you don't deny the virus 

But you deny that despite all evidence presented that we have safe and effective vaccine (we have multiples)

As for immunity and other treatments I'm all for it. But given your stance on vaccines and the way you present it, you position them as a OR not a AND.

By that I mean  any of this stuff is fine if the approach is Vaccine first AND treatment for the break outs, but you constantly position as an OR

As for being seen as a nutter.. have a look at who is around you and their position, look at the language that they use 

• mack locked this topic