What Really Grinds My Gears 5

21 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

both, i did put a bandaid over it and now it feels better i dont know if it helped but i knew i was going to scratch it so the bandaid is helpful

Did it swell up?

24 minutes ago, marron said:

WGMG..... lilterally

My shoelace

On my bike

Making me stack it like a total noob

Wish I could have seen it but **** I'm sore now :lol:

You say it was your shoe lace but are you sure it wasn't something like this....? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LZ9TGOGt04

:D

My older brother once took my bike off me to show me a trick....he went over the bars a ripped the ball sac....hospital......stitches.......I still laugh to this day when he had to show mum where the damage was.....lol

Edited by sonar
10 minutes ago, marron said:

Nah.

My foot was attached to the chain and I went over sideways. but as I was trying to not just land on my side like a plonker I ****ed my knee straight into a rock instead.

Ouch! Hope all ok.

I fell off a hire bike on Rottnest trying to do something i did as a teenager and took all the skin off a knee. Went to the first aid room to be patronised by a first aid woman who asked if i wanted a coloured big plaster with a smiley face on it or a normal one. I got a normal one...but didnt turn down the lolly pop....

Edited by Erimus
7 minutes ago, sonar said:

My older brother once took my bike off me to show me a trick....he went over the bars a ripped the ball sac....hospital......stitches.......I still laugh to this day when he had to show mum where the damage was.....lol

:shok: 

Where I grew up 15 mins and you could be in the country, lots of field with cows and barbed wire fences. I wasn't there but a mate of mine caught his ball sack on a barbed fence trying to get from one side to the other. 

1 minute ago, Erimus said:

:shok: 

Where I grew up 15 mins and you could be in the country, lots of field with cows and barbed wire fences. I wasn't there but a mate of mine caught his ball sack on a barbed fence trying to get from one side to the other. 

My two older brothers tormented me endlessly ( until I got big enough to fight back ...lol ) but occasionally karma stepped up to lend a hand....lol

:D

16 hours ago, marron said:

WGMG..... lilterally

My shoelace

On my bike

Making me stack it like a total noob

Wish I could have seen it but **** I'm sore now :lol:

This happened to me when I was younger. One day I decided I wouldn’t wear shoes and off I went. My friend warned me the breaks were dodgy (it was his old bike I was borrowing), but I didn’t give a ****. No laces getting caught for me. 

We get to the hill in the highway in Warrimoo, kinda opposite where the fire station is. I sit there for a moment, working out how I’m going to stop at the bottom of the hill (it was very different back then). I remember a man standing down the hill, somewhere near the antique shop (which is still there). As long as I avoid him, I’ll be right.

The next thing I know, I’m laying in a bed with a cracking headache and an oxygen mask, laying in the hospital bed. Apparently my plan to stop was to run into the side of the antique shop. I have no recollection of even starting off down the hill or how fast I was going (which would have been awesome I'm sure). I did miss the guy, which was a plus, as he apparently helped look after me until the ambulance arrived, which included making sure I didn’t choke while I was vomiting my guts up. 

Did i ride a bike with dodgy breaks again? Hell yes. Never again without shoes though. And whenever the laces got caught and I'd stack it (which happened a few times), my dad would just tell me "at least you didn't wreck another bike".

Hope you're not sore for too long.

yeah when I was about 8 i knocked myself out by going head first into a concrete slab on the other side of a ditch. One of my mates found me dazed and confused in it, didn't remember anything. I think I know the store you mean! ouch.

Still sore today but it's alright.

Hope your sting is done now Goat as well!

3 hours ago, marron said:

yeah when I was about 8 i knocked myself out by going head first into a concrete slab on the other side of a ditch. One of my mates found me dazed and confused in it, didn't remember anything. I think I know the store you mean! ouch.

Yeah..the things we did on bikes in the 80's without helmets! 

The ramps we built...soooo high. The riding at speed without any hands on the handle bars whilst eating a bag of chips or a choc bar. 

Riding at night with no lights and just tiny pathetic reflectors.

Putting our bikes in the boating lake ( summer place where holidaymakers hired boats but was only a few feet deep) and riding the bikes around in the water..then trying to get away from the psycho bloke who owned the lake! Made his life hell..poor fella..regret stuff like that now :nono: 

Edited by Erimus
3 hours ago, marron said:

thank you its better its just a small red dot, but its not annoying anymore so i am happy with that

5 hours ago, mack said:

Grr I thought I would get through winter without getting sick. I had some sinusitis that went away after a week, but now I've got the flu, probably one my sister had and if it's as bad as hers was It'll be two weeks before I'm better again. :woah:

Not good Mack. There are some nasty bugs around! :(

As long as it's not that terrible man flu you hear about, you'll be OK I'm sure. :meep:

Rest well.  :grouphug:

On 29 July 2019 at 5:20 PM, Erimus said:

Oh and my first bike was a bright red and yellow BMX Magnum...i loved it and spent hours upon hours on that bike. Will post a photo on the nostalgia thread.

Post a pic definitely, I have 32 BMX bikes from the 80's - a whole room in my house is just BMX I have that many.

Haro Masters, GT Pro Freestyle Tours, Dyno Pro Compes, Skyway Tuffs, Odyssey Gyro's, Moon Discs - got the lot. We were heavily influenced here by the US at the time so bikes like Raleigh burners weren't that big.

Kinda feel for anyone who missed the 80's.

8 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Post a pic definitely, I have 32 BMX bikes from the 80's - a whole room in my house is just BMX I have that many.

Haro Masters, GT Pro Freestyle Tours, Dyno Pro Compes, Skyway Tuffs, Odyssey Gyro's, Moon Discs - got the lot. We were heavily influenced here by the US at the time so bikes like Raleigh burners weren't that big.

Kinda feel for anyone who missed the 80's.

Posted the pic the nostalgia thread.:) Raleigh was certainly much bigger where i was from.

I could do a few good tricks on my BMX by the end :)

And then i found other things and it went in to the shed forgotten :cry: