Off Topic Thread 4

mack

3 hours ago, wendybr said:

Yes...any update??

Pleurisy...in the area I had pneumonia a few years back. Inflammation pushing on a nerve going to the right arm...so they think, but have to go back for some test results. 

Bad chests run in the family what with the old man having had TB.

Edited by Erimus
28 minutes ago, wendybr said:

On a different health related note...

Average person swallows plastic equivalent to a credit card every week, report finds

http://flip.it/iRvsl7

:(:(

What a ridiculous article. Sorry my friend.

Seriously, the media have nothing else to report on than to give oxygen to shite like this?

Edited by Wanderboy
27 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

What a ridiculous article. Sorry my friend.

Seriously, the media have nothing else to report on than to give oxygen to shite like this?

Is it shyte?

IDK...but I'd be happy if it was!

The amount seemed excessive I have to admit.

And the source is prob dubious.

its scary how the Q conspiracy theory(never heard of it before and dont believe it) has almost caused so much violence

reminds me of the Christchurch shooting in how far people can go over "information" posted on the internet

2 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

i dunno if anyone from south windsor has ever been there then i am sure a lot of naked people have been there

I did see a few fights in the car park back in the day don’t recall much nudity or railing love 

22 hours ago, Erimus said:

Yep.. but need to go back for blood test result before starting them.

Can i suggest as soon as you finish the course of antibiotics you start drinking kefir to replace your gut microbes. I had a series of antibiotics last year and ended up with helicobacter pylori, a bacteria that made its way into my upper stomach and caused severe heartburn and reflux. It was awful and i realised my gut needed some help. Probiotic tablets simply dont get the microbes into your gut or lower where they are needed. Fresh n natural is the best, thats kefir.

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

It's good, isn't  it?

Still feels surreal that I can walk to a train.

As a feat of engineering, it IS  quite remarkable.

Indeed it is, and opens up our shopping options for Castle Hill and Rouse Hill without a car. The kids stood at the front of the train with me seemed to love it also.

I went on the open day and did the same thing. Stood at the front all the way from Tallawong to Chatswood. Very nerdy stuff I know but as Wendy said, amazing feat of engineering - well for this country anyway. It's about time we started catching up to the rest of the world. It's a fantastic system.

The one thing I was most impressed about on the open day was the fact that the crowds were enormous, and the system was struggling to deal with crowded platforms, so the nice Fat Controllers back at the operational centre at Tallawong just pushed a few buttons and out came extra trains to deal with the crowds. 

Imagine the Sydney Trains system having to deal with this? They would call in extra drivers to get extra trains going and they'd all be at the pub or something.

What stupid Aussies have to get used to is not rushing towards closing doors. This system is automated. When it decides it's closing its doors and is leaving, it ain't changing its mind. And, you stupid ****ers, there'll be another train shortly. It's not as if you'll have a 30 minute wait. So, just chill the **** out.

16 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Indeed it is, and opens up our shopping options for Castle Hill and Rouse Hill without a car. The kids stood at the front of the train with me seemed to love it also.

Where is the closest to you to catch it? You'd have to drive and park somewhere?

13 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Just curious (and I'm not stalking - haha) are you walking/bus distance to a station? How does this open up Rouse Hill/Castle Hill shopping options for you?

I'm about 10 minutes drive to Castle Towers and 20 minutes to Rouse Hill. Alternatively, I can walk 1 minute to the bus, with about a 15 minute bus trip to the Towers. I probably wouldn't catch a bus to Rouse Hill.

1 minute ago, Wanderboy said:

Just curious (and I'm not stalking - haha) are you walking/bus distance to a station? How does this open up Rouse Hill/Castle Hill shopping options for you?

I'm about 10 minutes drive to Castle Towers and 20 minutes to Rouse Hill. Alternatively, I can walk 1 minute to the bus, with about a 15 minute bus trip to the Towers. I probably wouldn't catch a bus to Rouse Hill.

Can walk to Epping station in around 10-15mins, yes Macquarie and Chatswood one way, but can now go the other way if want to.

9 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

dnI went on the open day and did the same thing. Stood at the front all the way from Tallawong to Chatswood. Very nerdy stuff I know but as Wendy said, amazing feat of engineering - well for this country anyway. It's about time we started catching up to the rest of the world. It's a fantastic system.

The one thing I was most impressed about on the open day was the fact that the crowds were enormous, and the system was struggling to deal with crowded platforms, so the nice Fat Controllers back at the operational centre at Tallawong just pushed a few buttons and out came extra trains to deal with the crowds. 

Imagine the Sydney Trains system having to deal with this? They would call in extra drivers to get extra trains going and they'd all be at the pub or something.

What stupid Aussies have to get used to is not rushing towards closing doors. This system is automated. When it decides it's closing its doors and is leaving, it ain't changing its mind. And, you stupid ****ers, there'll be another train shortly. It's not as if you'll have a 30 minute wait. So, just chill the **** out.

I've been on it 4 times now - to Rouse Hill and back on that first day - when it seemed like half of the Sydney population came exploring, then to the city and back last Sunday.

Three of the four trips were smooth and flawless - the one out of the city last Sun had some sort of glitch at Chatswood - probably a 20-25 min delay...where the train coming in moved off to where it's supposed to turn around, but just sat there - while 3 really full North Shore line trains dumped more people on the Metro platform.

Not a problem really, but a few people waiting there said they'd experienced similar delays.

Still a great service - and it's DEFINITELY removed cars from around the Hills, which is fantastic.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic