FFA Cup Rd 32 - Hellenic AC Darwin - Tues 7th August

mack

I spoke to a travel agent friend and client today prompted by tranquilos comments and the friend mentioning he was thinking of going to Gold Coast to watch Jets play there in FFA cup also on 7 August but was put off by cost of $500.

Direct flight from Sydney to Darwin 4hr 40 minutes.

Cheapest return trip $800. But that is via Brisbane, so a longer trip.

On 04/07/2018 at 6:38 PM, Taurus said:

@tranquilo

You want to post the info such as flight costs etc, you have gathered in regard to Darwin away trip.

A few mentioned that they were interested in making the trip in this (closed) thread

that thread got closed down, but a quick webjet check is quite depressing, there's a few cheaper flights $260 one way, but your looking at a 13hr 55m flight that leaves 11am on the monday and arrives on the tuesday at 12.25 am. 

Return flights approx same price but only early flights that leave between midnight and 4 am.

Sorry darwin but this trip would cover my membership for the next 5 years!

Might be quicker to catch an uber to darwin than some of these flights!

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

maybe it will help pay for top notch facilities?

support local football m8.

I will be going, and will be buying a couple. Just wondering, as there seems to be a wide discrepancy between different matches.  How much do you pay for games in Sydney?

11 minutes ago, TehSmileyBandit said:

Where's the pre-game meetup @LeeMarvin ? 

I dunno mate.  Being a bit isolated up here, I am not that familiar with the rituals.  But if you let me know the requirements I can make some suggestions.

1 hour ago, LeeMarvin said:

I dunno mate.  Being a bit isolated up here, I am not that familiar with the rituals.  But if you let me know the requirements I can make some suggestions.

If being close to the ground is the preference, this place is about 500 metres away as the crow flies:  https://www.airporthotel.net.au

• 2 weeks later...