EPL & F.A Cup thread (Featuring Ange at Spurs)

I couldn’t stand seeing the wrong year in the old topic

New season starts 11/8 with Man Utd vs Leicester City

Here is a link for the fixtures: https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures

All matches shown on Optus & SBS to show 1 match a week (https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/how-to-watch-the-premier-league-live-on-sbs)

• 3 weeks later...

Chelsea vs City in the community shield.

A Chelsea loss, I know that both squads are not full strength but Chelsea look many levels off challenging top on this performance.

A fantastic brand of football, idealic, beautiful to watch but if not executed perfectly it won’t end well for Sarri. As witnessed in this game, it can go wrong so easily. Will RA be happy to see 6 months of trying to get things right? Don’t think so...

On 06/08/2018 at 11:23 PM, btron3000 said:

Howay the lads!

Toon to WIN IT ALL.

Feel so sorry for Benitez, he doesn’t ask for much but gets scraps from Ashely. He uses the club as a cash cow & happy to take funds as long as the club is in the PL. You see the other clubs spending big to stay in the PL, Ashely instead doesn’t realise how lucky he is with the manager in charge.

Apparently Rafa hasn’t signed a contract for the current season, he feels so loyal & bought into the culture of the fans/history but betrayed by Ashely.

On 06/08/2018 at 11:23 PM, btron3000 said:

Due to the floptus world cup debacle, I have a free Fetch Box and will be taking much more notice of EPL this year! hahaha

Fingers crossed me too.

————————

What did people think of the game this morning?

- I have a soft spot of Mou, despite the mismanagement of the transfer window by Woodward I think top 4 is a reasonable expectation.

- The game? Deserved result, shame about the clean sheet but all about the 3 points. 

- Very happy for Shaw, I think much of the criticism was valid in the past but despite all the issues it seems that he has got himself right for the season. Capped off a good performance with a goal too. 

- What do people think of Mou?

Chelsea win 0-3 but that scoreline harsh on Huddersfield. 2 goals scored from 2 shots & a scoreline they didn’t deserve.

Second half much better performance, just a joy to watch playing more attacking aggressive football, on the front foot after successive seasons of Mou & Conte. I don’t expect anything spectacular from the players for at least a month, many players arrived in drips & drabs up to this week.

Just hope Chelsea supporters lose their head over the next 6 months whilst we try to play “Sarri ball”. Love how he just accepts the players he is given, taken on the youth players that we seem to stock pile & gets on with it.

Still expect him to get sacked in 12 months :lol: 

@StringerBellend Jags send off might see him not play for a while with the new signings.

I was sceptical of Richarlison, but you can't do much more than that on your debut.

Disappointing to draw, but good to hang on for the second half after the red. And they scored two belters.

Curious to see how we go when the new signings are all fit and available.

23 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Feel so sorry for Benitez, he doesn’t ask for much but gets scraps from Ashely. He uses the club as a cash cow & happy to take funds as long as the club is in the PL. You see the other clubs spending big to stay in the PL, Ashely instead doesn’t realise how lucky he is with the manager in charge.

Apparently Rafa hasn’t signed a contract for the current season, he feels so loyal & bought into the culture of the fans/history but betrayed by Ashely.

Fingers crossed me too.

Newcastle have been a basket case for decades. Whilst this so called big club has been stuffing around pissing millions up against the wall a small town down the road has

• made a major European final, going down fighting only to an exceptionally good Seville side that year.
  • qualified for Europe 3 times
  • won 1 of only 2 major trophies open to all clubs in England in the league cup
  • Made the league cup final 3 times
  • Made the final of the FA cup once

Newcastle have won **** all since the 50's, but still proclaim the big club with big history bullshyte lol Geordies are deluded idiots and deserve everything they get. Long may the suffering and trophy drought continue, Love Mike Ashley me like :D Keep going big fella :good: Boro in the Championship but always remain a community club that knows what it is and a local bloke in charge.

I have loved watching the downfall of Sunderland....Newcastle never disappoint either,

Edited by Smoggy
3 hours ago, Carns said:

@StringerBellend Jags send off might see him not play for a while with the new signings.

I was sceptical of Richarlison, but you can't do much more than that on your debut.

Disappointing to draw, but good to hang on for the second half after the red. And they scored two belters.

Curious to see how we go when the new signings are all fit and available.

I’m feeling pretty positive about it all. I think once new players are up to speed with the team, jags was going to be struggling to get a start anyway.

6 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Newcastle have been a basket case for decades. Whilst this so called big club has been stuffing around pissing millions up against the wall a small town down the road has

• made a major European final, going down fighting only to an exceptionally good Seville side that year.

Newcastle have won **** all since the 50's, but still proclaim the big club with big history bullshyte lol Geordies are deluded idiots and deserve everything they get. Long may the suffering and trophy drought continue, Love Mike Ashley me like :D Keep going big fella :good: Boro in the Championship but always remain a community club that knows what it is and a local bloke in charge.

I have loved watching the downfall of Sunderland....Newcastle never disappoint either,

All this and still can't fill the stadium.

7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I would love it, absolutely love it if Newcastle got relegated 

12 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Was about to make a joke saying don’t worry Everton’s manager will get a chance to make a famous quote the next time they’re in a genuine title race... then realised that is over 20 years old!  Good old Keegs, didn’t have a clue, did he? Attack, attack, attack!

If in relation to Keegan's famous meltdown post game at Liverpool when the EPL was theirs to lose. I remember watching that live in the pub in Boro. Had been a lively night as one hell of a game preceeded it with all in there supporting Liverpool againt the Geordies.

When Keegan went in to meltdown mode a hush fell over the pub......then laughing. ....Fergie did him over good, mind games got to him and ****ed him over. EPL was lost that day.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Carns said:

@StringerBellend

Everton threw that one away. Thought we were ****ed when we went down to 10 and had a half to play. But managed to jag a couple of nice goals, then let them back into it. Shame. These are the points you need to be getting.

Yep, the more things change with Everton the more the stay the same. Chucking a two goal lead was ‘very Everton’

still got to be enjoying us playing some attacking football and we still have a bunch of new signings that we have hardly seen yet 

We do seem to concede a lot of goals though, is Marco, “Bobby Brownshoes II”?

11 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Yep, the more things change with Everton the more the stay the same. Chucking a two goal lead was ‘very Everton’

still got to be enjoying us playing some attacking football and we still have a bunch of new signings that we have hardly seen yet

There are some positive signs for sure. We're much better to watch (which isn't hard when comparing to Allardyce and Koeman towards the end). Just seem to switch off and make stupid mistakes. I am curious why it is taking so long for the new players to come in? Maybe he didn't want to change a winning team? Will obviously be forced to bring players in with Keane injured and Richarlison sent off.

It was a bizzare game, I thought Everton were on top until that Bournemouth got the red.

The tactics were spot on, when they went down to 10 the counterattacking worked a treat. At 0-2, you cant blame Everton for bedding in & trying to see out a 2 goal lead away from home but it gave Bournemouth the initiative. Throw in a team that had been playing with 10 men longer & the home crowd, it was only a matter of time.

It was a bit of karma to see Smith going off after that bullshit in getting Richarlson sent off

1 minute ago, Prydzopolis said:

It was a bizzare game, I thought Everton were on top until that Bournemouth got the red.

The tactics were spot on, when they went down to 10 the counterattacking worked a treat. At 0-2, you cant blame Everton for bedding in & trying to see out a 2 goal lead away from home but it gave Bournemouth the initiative. Throw in a team that had been playing with 10 men longer & the home crowd, it was only a matter of time.

It was a bit of karma to see Smith going off after that bullshit in getting Richarlson sent off

The other thing that struck me about the game is how good it is not to have Var.

That game had loads of contentious decisions 

- red card

- non red card (foul on Coleman which was worse)

- penalty 

- non penalty (the drag on tosun) 

and even though we got the bad end of most of them, Var wouldn’t have helped with any of them, people are still debating all four decisions now even with replay.

referee makes a decision and we move on so much better 

#varout 

As for Everton Marco has me loving them again, well I never stopped loving them.

But the loving wasn’t pleasurable under Big Sam, more going thru the motions.

Now I’m heading back to a more exciting and fulfilling  sexual experience 

Edited by StringerBellend
  • 1 month later...

Bloody Sturidge! He has nothing for a long time then scores a cracking goal in the 90" to get a draw. I should have gone to bed at half time. 

Haha but was funny to see the pink manure ladies get pumped, seriously why do they have that  horrible Jersey, even the players looked like they didn't want to play with them on. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting article on Der Spiegel revealing how Manchester City have been cheating their way around the FFP rules.

Apparently they've got their hands on emails from key City financial staff which show that they back dated sponsorship deals to add more money when they overspent and that significant proportions of sponsorship revenue from "independent" sponsors was actually directly from the royal family.

This is part 1 of a 4 part series they're releasing on the club over the next few days.

• mack changed the title to EPL & F.A Cup thread (Featuring Ange at Spurs)