International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)

13 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

What equality test is this? 
there you go moving goal posts again. 

lets humour you and say they do ok? (They clearly don’t) but let’s run with it, would you say the actor Russell Crowe or I don’t know the guy who owns atlassian are they doing ok, or could we perhaps say they are  doing better than ok? Maybe better in financial terms than you or I? 

nobody is absolutely perfect (or maybe we all are?) as clearly we are all absolutely equal 

Russell Crowe owned an alsatian in the movie Gladiator it was running along biting German barbarians. Is that what you mean because your post is confusing.

5 hours ago, theseeker said:

The self proclaimed " lefty wanker" again. Only post you've made that contains any truth.

Give me some examples of inequality in this country Mr Lefty Wanker.

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Community_Affairs/Income_Inequality/Report/c01

probably not the example or source you wanted, a senate report 

Edited by StringerBellend
19 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

And the senate committee  was chaired by ......... Senator Rachel Siewert from ?

Yes the Watermelon Greens. Surprise , surprise.

The Watermelons haven't read the newsflash that Communism died in 1991.

51 minutes ago, mack said:

Senate committee on income inequality chaired by Senator from one of the parties that know income inequality is a problem.

I for one am shocked at this development.

Those inner city trendoids couldn't care about any alleged inequality. Too busy comparing the inequality of the strength of the dope they're smoking.

3 hours ago, theseeker said:

.......well nobody's absolutely perfect.

But the indigenous do ok , just over 3% of the Australian population and 33 billion in annual Govt . funding not counting other sources of income. Extrapolate that out by the other 97% and that figure more than meets the equality test.

Sorry just for clarity. Can you show me your source for the 33billion number? 

2 hours ago, Legionista said:

May I ask why?

Wendy, some advice. May I? This man asks you to explain further. I don’t know how many times over many years we have asked this man to explain his enigmatic answers and gotten not even   a response, without even an acknowledgement of the question. So my advice is that if he should like to know your reasons for “meh”, he should also explain his opinion on the article HE posted and reason for posting it. Just a suggestion.  :) 

;) Luv ya Legia but fairs fair. 

12 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Sorry just for clarity. Can you show me your source for the 33billion number? 

Multiple different sources. In fact 33 billion is a bit historical , probably much more now.

Best bet type into your search engine " Aboriginal spending jumps to 33 billion"

20 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Those inner city trendoids couldn't care about any alleged inequality. Too busy comparing the inequality of the strength of the dope they're smoking.

I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. You know, everyone's entitled to an opinion etc....

You lost me here. That's just childish rubbish.

8 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Multiple different sources. In fact 33 billion is a bit historical , probably much more now.

Best bet type into your search engine " Aboriginal spending jumps to 33 billion"

Ummm that is not a source. 

12 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Wendy, some advice. May I? This man asks you to explain further. I don’t know how many times over many years we have asked this man to explain his enigmatic answers and gotten not even   a response, without even an acknowledgement of the question. So my advice is that if he should like to know your reasons for “meh”, he should also explain his opinion on the article HE posted and reason for posting it. Just a suggestion.  :) 

;) Luv ya Legia but fairs fair. 

No way I was going to be sucked in to a reasoned argument about an article I couldn't be bother to read. 

Legia is a bit more inclined to engage lately, which is nice to see.

But I'm not sure if it's a sign we should be worried for him. :lol:

https://indigenousx.com.au/debunking-33-billion/

....."The other is a portfolio set up to benefit those who know how to work a system for their own benefit (think, non-Indigenous bureaucrats, charities, organisations, corporates, and the occasional millionaire ‘philanthropist’ who usually doesn’t put any of their own money on the table for their ‘Indigenous’ charities and initiatives)."......

Come on down Hillsong........

34 minutes ago, theseeker said:

You are lecturing people on how to use a search engine to look up facts?

try typing i “inequality australia”‘ in 

6 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Oh well if we don’t need a source then I say 5 billion! 

It depends if it’s a figure he has made up if it is a fact then you need a source, but not Acoss, the Australian senate, a major need outlet they are all communists 

Reserve Bank Communists

35 minutes ago, wendybr said:

No way I was going to be sucked in to a reasoned argument about an article I couldn't be bother to read. 

Legia is a bit more inclined to engage lately, which is nice to see.

But I'm not sure if it's a sign we should be worried for him. :lol:

You won’t get a reasoned arguement from Judith Durham just made up facts.. Legia occasionally but mostly he’s busy working on his enigmatic internet persona

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Inequality exists doesn’t it? 

Of course it does.

We see it every time you try to punch up to me while I'm looking down at you laughing.

Look, maybe that's a little harsh, but, Yes, yes, inequality does exist.

Now do I think it is the role of Government to rob the successful to provide equality of outcomes, No.

Hell no.

If you ever feel you are being too successful and make to much money you are free to write a cheque to the ATO my friend.

There is absolutely no doubt, that even the most disadvantaged at this time of history have more opportunity to be successful financially and in other areas of their lives than any other generation that has ever lived, by a long shot.

Get in. Earn.

Is it the role of government to rob the disadvantaged of outcomes?

Now, you might have the view that the role of government is not to rob anyone at all. Which might be fair enough, if you stepped in with that sort of argument when it wasn't about taxing the wealthy.

If I'm taxed, why shouldn't the rich be taxed?

If it's about rewarding the contribution to the economy, sure, there's an argument to be made there. Unless they are sending profit outside of our country. Unless they are not keeping workers employed, or denying them inflationary wage rises when they get them themselves. Unless they are actually involved in manipulating money for a living as opposed to employing people. Once you turn your back on society, society has no obligation to reward you for anything.

I would say that now, in 2020, no, the most disadvantaged in our society do not have the best opportunity they've ever had either, and that's probably true of much of the western world. Get in and earn is simply not as easy as all that. The playing field is not equal from the beginning; get in often simply isn't possible.

23 minutes ago, Legionista said:

Of course it does.

We see it every time you try to punch up to me while I'm looking down at you laughing.

Look, maybe that's a little harsh, but, Yes, yes, inequality does exist.

Now do I think it is the role of Government to rob the successful to provide equality of outcomes, No.

Hell no.

If you ever feel you are being too successful and make to much money you are free to write a cheque to the ATO my friend.

There is absolutely no doubt, that even the most disadvantaged at this time of history have more opportunity to be successful financially and in other areas of their lives than any other generation that has ever lived, by a long shot.

Get in. Earn.

Punch up. Lol. Oh Legia, that kind of cockiness must be lovely. Nice to see you lower yourself occasionally. 

19 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Questions aloud the following.

Is the USA a capitalist country.... ??????

My answer is no its not.... the USA has a form of corporate capitalism which the spin doctors say is what built the country...

In a true capitalist state you have many buyers and MANY sellers..... eg Farmer Joe takes his produce to a market where many people bid for his produce.

Today however after changes to take over codes and monopolies we have created mega companies .... I think and don't hold me to this but I think Six yes Six companies control over 75% of food distribution and production world over... 

In the USA you have less than 10 media companies of any size ... 

So the USA could stand for the United Corporations of America... 

I don't know the answer but the top 10% of the top 1% in the USA have more wealth than the bottom 50 or 55% of the country I forget which, and the top 1% have more wealth than than the bottom 90%.

IMO the USA today more  reflects Europe in the days when Kings & Queens, with Lords etc ruled the place... 

The incredible skill of ultra wealthy is to convince half the poor people their issues are with the other poor people not them... in fact in you cut my taxes its actually good for you and you will be better off with better schools if you cut my taxes... better still if you cut my taxes and reduce social security to pay for the tax cuts poor people will be better off ... it has always amazed me how in the USA this argument of poor people will be better off by giving the wealthy tax cuts and reducing public spending ...  but both sides do it...

To repeat my question is the USA a capitalist country ??? 

Capitalism is man exploiting man.

Communism is the opposite.

1 hour ago, Legionista said:

Absolutely terrible facebook boomer meme level post. As if you're not allowed to criticise the Government or the current tax structure unless you've volunteered to donate all your money to the ATO. It's such a transparently stupid point devoid of intelligence that it barely even functions as a "for the lulz" troll because all it does is expose the vacuous lack of wit behind it.

• mack changed the title to International Current Affairs (#BidenIn)
  • mack locked this topic