Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

42 minutes ago, sonar said:

Interesting that on Insiders this morning that it was disclosed that Morrison said he was advised by " security chiefs " that re-opening Xmas Isl was imperative with the passing of the MedevacBill....yet those same people left that bit out of their briefings with the x-benchers and the ALP. The panel called Morrison out on this calling bullshit.

Just came here to vent...:xmad::xmad:

It's a glorious day...and I'm stuck on a computer, returning Yr 12 work to kids who have a big presentation to do tomorrow as an Assessment task. Been at it since 8.30...and will probably still be at it at 10 tonight.

But that's not what's making me feel  :xmad::xmad:

In the room next to me, I've had the ABC on since 8 this morning...starting with Insiders.

There have been some bright moments I've tuned in to eg the amount of time devoted to women's football, which opened the sports show...(forget it's name) although the Stajcic sacking got a lot of attention....which was both good and bad. It's a very mainstream topic, which IS good.  :xmad:

But all morning, it has been boats boat boats/border disaster from Morrison and co, then unprecedented floods of Biblical proportions and climate change :(on Country wide...which of course doesn't doesn't rate attention from Morrison and co...and back to boats, boats,  boats/border protection disaster/the sky will fall in any minute bullshyte  on a News roundup. :xmad::xmad:

Ugh...it's now onto a sexual predator/US archbishop...and a shark attack, and the football player whose plane crashed in the English Channel. :(

Think I'd better listen to some music...or maybe just the chorus of circadas outside.

PS This is the worst govt I can ever remember....which cheated one of the best govts I can remember out of power. 

What a myopic, self interested pack of idiots they are.:xmad::xmad:

50 minutes ago, Cynth said:

You’ll be pleased to know that Scott Morrison and his merry men are trying hard to do just that! 

How?

And I'm pleased to note that you see Scott Morrison as a modern Robin Hood!

On 17/02/2019 at 12:32 PM, sonar said:

wendy, sorry you're having such a shitty day......hope you get a smile from this........

DzfQvi2VsAI0_YU.jpg

Cracking psalm, reads like some posts on this thread..

9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
10 Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
11 Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
12 Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
13 Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
1 hour ago, Ossified said:

Mathias Cormann has revealed he booked private travel on three occasions by ringing up the chief executive of a major travel company run by a Liberal donor and a personal friend and of course the Taxpayer paid.

Stop the Rorts

Stop big government, you stop the rorts.

simples. 

4 minutes ago, Legionista said:

Stop big government, you stop the rorts.

simples. 

Nothing to do with "big govt" all to do with a corrupt individual who got a mates rates deal from a company that had been given a $Bn govt contract and a CEO of that company who is a member of the same political party as the minister.......not suss at all is it.,,?

Edited by sonar
1 hour ago, Legionista said:

So why aren’t you happy?

🌚

Lol. I will concede right here that I am glad the boats ain’t coming anymore. :ninja:

I will say however that with record numbers of asylum seekers landing in our shores in planes, more than when there were boats coming, that we should increase our refugee intake as well as try to support people in their native countries with the issues that make them flee. 

Then I will be happy. :)

Jordan Peterson back (he must like us)  - with an interesting lineup on Q&A next week. :xbop:

Coming Up: Monday, 25 February

Dr Jordan Peterson, Controversial Canadian Psychologist and Author

Terri Butler, Shadow Minister for Employment Services

Catherine McGregor, Freelance writer, broadcaster and author

Van Badham, Writer and commentator

PS Try not to get too excited Mack.

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

Jordan Peterson back (he must like us)  - with an interesting lineup on Q&A next week. :xbop:

Yes pretty exciting, however no-one on that panel clever enough to challenge JP sadly.

The Van Badham factor will add fireworks but she hasn’t got the reasoning skills. Catherine McGregor will be fascinating because clearly the gender issue will come up. 

Can’t wait. 

15 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Defund the ABC.

I bet no-one will ask JP why his following is exclusively angry young men who hate women & minorities and are starting on the path to alt-right fascism.

23 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Yes pretty exciting, however no-one on that panel clever enough to challenge JP sadly.

The Van Badham factor will add fireworks but she hasn’t got the reasoning skills. Catherine McGregor will be fascinating because clearly the gender issue will come up. 

Can’t wait. 

Hopefully they are smart enough NOT to be too keen on challenging him. He was given very respectful treatment last year.

Noone interested in making fools of themselves here like this woman did.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic