Brisbane Roar

• 1 month later...

Signed Aaron Amadi-Holloway, a former Welsh youth international - from League One

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/signing-news-fowler-adds-welsh-whiz-to-roar-squad

61 on FIFA

Also signed Macaulay Gillesphey, a defender from League One

https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/macaulay-gillesphey-joins-brisbane-roar

58 on FIFA

Also signed Tom Aldred, a defender from the Scottish Premier League

https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/tom-aldred-joins-roar

65 on FIFA

The first two are complete jokes, right? 58?? 61?? You'd think Robbie Fowler has better connections. If Aaron Mooy can jump from here to the Championship, why the **** is anyone recruiting at any level lower?

Holloway seems like a waste of a foreign spot. League 1 & 2 aren't exactly sterling quality and he's only managed a goal every 10 games. Maybe he does better here but I don't know. Gillesphey is complete trash. Aldred appears to be better than the other two but he's not going to light up the league.

5 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Signed Aaron Amadi-Holloway, a former Welsh youth international - from League One

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/signing-news-fowler-adds-welsh-whiz-to-roar-squad

61 on FIFA

Also signed Macaulay Gillesphey, a defender from League One

https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/macaulay-gillesphey-joins-brisbane-roar

58 on FIFA

Also signed Tom Aldred, a defender from the Scottish Premier League

https://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/news/tom-aldred-joins-roar

65 on FIFA

The first two are complete jokes, right? 58?? 61?? You'd think Robbie Fowler has better connections. If Aaron Mooy can jump from here to the Championship, why the **** is anyone recruiting at any level lower?

FIFA is rubbish if you're going to conclude how good a player is from a video game use Football Manager please. In saying that they are all rubbish on Football Manager aswell...

7 hours ago, Matto97 said:

FIFA is rubbish if you're going to conclude how good a player is from a video game use Football Manager please. In saying that they are all rubbish on Football Manager aswell...

I don't have Football Manager :( 

15 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Roar played like a mid-table League 1 team for most of last season so they might fit in well...:xnod:

English hoofball returns to the A-league.

They won't be Liverpool lite!

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

English hoofball returns to the A-league.

They won't be Liverpool lite!

There won't be any communication problems, that's for sure, and O'Neill and Neville will fit right in. By the time the season is over the Roar will have been renamed the "All Whites", even the local players will speak with a British accent, and Akbari will have been deported.

2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Roar played like a mid-table League 1 team for most of last season so they might fit in well...:xnod:

They already do the woaahh your **** thing with the goal kicks don’t they?

Thats the mark of a League One club from a failing former industrial town 

5 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Inman joins from Rochdale. Ah, Rochdale.

In a different life I went out with a woman from Rochdale, and in that capacity went for visits to "grochie Rochie" a couple of times. At one occasion I went to a game of the local football club. The ground was a toilet, and the game (a derby against Halifax) was dour. The highlight was when a Halifax supporter, to celebrate the 1:0 away win, exposed his upper body despite the freezing temperatures, and did something like a big white whale impersonation. Something like that. It was impressive, and he didn't seem to mind that the home supporters threw cold beer at him.

The "active support" consisted of people yelling "Come on, 'dale!" throughout the game. For a while I was wondering who this Dale guy was that they were cheering on, but I figured it out eventually what they meant...

However, the real action happened elsewhere. Two trains with traveling Man United and Leeds supporters arrived at Rochdale train station, at the same time, at the same platform. The result was ugly. When the doors opened, and the two rivaling group set eye on each other, they poured out of their respective train carriages onto the platform and engaged in a physical mass brawl.

11 minutes ago, FCB said:

In a different life I went out with a woman from Rochdale, and in that capacity went for visits to "grochie Rochie" a couple of times. At one occasion I went to a game of the local football club. The ground was a toilet, and the game (a derby against Halifax) was dour. The highlight was when a Halifax supporter, to celebrate the 1:0 away win, exposed his upper body despite the freezing temperatures, and did something like a big white whale impersonation. Something like that. It was impressive, and he didn't seem to mind that the home supporters threw cold beer at him.

The "active support" consisted of people yelling "Come on, 'dale!" throughout the game. For a while I was wondering who this Dale guy was that they were cheering on, but I figured it out eventually what they meant...

However, the real action happened elsewhere. Two trains with traveling Man United and Leeds supporters arrived at Rochdale train station, at the same time, at the same platform. The result was ugly. When the doors opened, and the two rivaling group set eye on each other, they poured out of their respective train carriages onto the platform and engaged in a physical mass brawl.

I bet this lass from Rochdale was a right goer though...and liked curry sauce n chips together :D

30 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Excuse me? :nono: 

Boro dont do the thing with the goal kick..it is a failing former industrial town...but not in leauge 1 at least.

1 minute ago, Erimus said:

I bet this lass from Rochdale was a right goer though...and liked curry sauce n chips together :D

If you are referring to the Halifax supporter from Yorkshire - he looked like he'd never eaten anything else all his life, and had exceeding the WHO recommendations for daily calorie intake by substantial margins for a couple of decades at least.

5 minutes ago, FCB said:

If you are referring to the Halifax supporter from Yorkshire - he looked like he'd never eaten anything else all his life, and had exceeding the WHO recommendations for daily calorie intake by substantial margins for a couple of decades at least.

I was talking about the girl lol..lasses from places like Rochdale love a few pints of beer followed by a load of chips on the way home...and a quick **** against a dumper bin up a back alley.

I know the kind of guy you mean well though :D

Edited by Erimus
1 minute ago, Erimus said:

I was talking about the girl lol..lasses from places like Rochdale love a few pints of beer followed by a load of chips on the way home...and a quick **** against a dumper bin up a back alley.

I know the kind of guy you mean well though :D

Whe'd been Aussie-fied at a very early age, came out when she was a kid. She was very civilized, and hated alcohol as much as her dad loved it. So no, the description above does not match.

2 minutes ago, FCB said:

Whe'd been Aussie-fied at a very early age, came out when she was a kid. She was very civilized, and hated alcohol as much as her dad loved it. So no, the description above does not match.

Well...thats no fun..

Edited by Erimus

Dreadful signings sort of crap foreign signings that were made in early days of a league. If you want to do anything now then your foreign players have to make the difference. A league 2 quality centre back is hardly going to do that, there would be better players in the NPL

39 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

The Roars signings are very overhyped and are very average. I reckon it'll be another tough season for them tbh.

And their done going from Roarcelona to Hoofball

Will it be our turn tomorrow?

3 hours ago, FCB said:

Cold beer?

O'Neill confirmed.

At least they are consistent. If Roar's are on a mission to show everyone that football is not just played by wogs with strange non-Anglo names then they sure are making a meal of it. An English manager. Irish, Scottish, English, Welsh as imports. The half Scott Inman, the half Irish O'Neill. Hingert, Mells and Young have English roots, soon to be joined by Neville, not doubt. O'Toole has an Irish father.

Akbari must feel like being caught in a time warp, in a parallel universe.

And another League Two player for the Roar (even though he is camouflaged as someone with Premier League background). Needless to say, it's another one from the British Isles.

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/signing-news-former-premier-league-midfielder-joins-fowlers-roar

So, basically, Fowler has assembled a sack full of Steven-Taylor-grad players. Well, good luck with that.

15 goals from 44 apps in League 2 last year isn't that bad.

The Roar were absolutely dreadful last year only barely beating the Mariners to the spoon and finishing 6 points behind us. Right now they look better than the Jets, Mariners, WU & Nix.

I'd say 4 to 6 is their area right now, it's a solid looking squad with some hardened pros. League 1 & 2 aren't La Liga or B1 but you don't hang around there in that cutthroat environment without having something to offer.