WSW Merchandise 2017/18

2 minutes ago, spectacular291 said:

I think we are wearing last season's away jersey against Arsenal going off the JD Sports match day partnership announcement. 

Disappointing if its the case, the club makes a big case to have the Red and Black hoops as our brand through out our 5 years of existence but drops it in a match with exposure against Arsenal is just weird.

that is crap if its true, we can have JD Sports on the home jersey, it doesnt need to be the away jersey(or maybe it does i dont get if there are any restrictions), sydney fc wear their home jersey and we wear our away jersey, seems stupid especially with what you said how we have always been red and black, that is the core of the club(one of them) but apparently not for our big match against arsenal

33 minutes ago, spectacular291 said:

I think we are wearing last season's away jersey against Arsenal going off the JD Sports match day partnership announcement. 

Disappointing if its the case, the club makes a big case to have the Red and Black hoops as our brand through out our 5 years of existence but drops it in a match with exposure against Arsenal is just weird.

Yeah but everything about this match is run by arsenal. It's nothing to do with us. We'd have such little power over it. 

21 minutes ago, marron said:

Don't get me wrong speccy you're absolutely right - it's a missed opportunity, these matches should be used as a way to market the aleague and the local teams involved. But that's not unfortunately how it works. 

Yeah I'm with you too, didn't realise it was more of an Arsenal control thing which makes sense. They're the big ticket in town at the moment and want to expand on their own brand. 

Just so you all know - the reason for us wearing th away jersey isn't some conspiracy or whatever

the reason is that if you go to the arsenal in Sydney webpage, you'll find arsenal are listed first - which means they are considered the home team 

It'll be to fit in with their kit launch schedule. They launched last nights jersey (third kit?) in Sydney a couple of days ago so they wanted to wear it and publicise it. I'm sure they also want to wear their home kit for one of the two games and since it clashes with ours we're wearing the away kit.

3 hours ago, marron said:

Yeah but everything about this match is run by arsenal. It's nothing to do with us. We'd have such little power over it. 

i know the wanderers are obviously much smaller than arsenal but still screw em :P how many other clubs have had to wear their away kits when big clubs came over here? or are we the only club with no spine?

1 hour ago, GK21 said:

UN0i4iU.jpg

The red could be a bit deeper, but i like it. IMO best one since season 2

Edit: Wow those photos are huge

its not the black that worries me but the red, looks too bright imo

Just now, GK21 said:

it looks brighter in the photo. It isnt very dark, but miles ahead of the fluro of last season

thank you i cant wait to see it in person, maybe our next home match would be the perfect time to show it off :ninja: i think i wont mind the red once i see it n person but i dont know till i actually see it in person

10 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

isnt that the back of the jersey? i could be wrong(i usually am)

Front pick of that jersey doesn't have a-league logo or sleeve logo and that back pick no rear logo either, it's like they sent these out as samples without logos and made their way on shelves.

13 minutes ago, wanderersfanatic said:

How come they're still on the shelves? 

I thought they had to take them off as they weren't officially launched yet? 

i think they were put on as a mistake however since everyone knows what it looks like they might as well officially release them

1 hour ago, Burgerman said:

Front pick of that jersey doesn't have a-league logo or sleeve logo and that back pick no rear logo either, it's like they sent these out as samples without logos and made their way on shelves.

my bad i thought you meant lack of club logo on that specific photo

There is an auction for jerseys worn by the players in the Arsenal match. The listed players include Baccus jnr but he won't be playing as he's on national duty! Santalab is also listed and is one of the two that have reached reserve - unfortunately he is out due to injury. Herd is listed in the squad but not in the auction (yet?).  Janjetovic is a notable omission from the auction list.

1 hour ago, wanderersfanatic said:

How come they're still on the shelves? 

I thought they had to take them off as they weren't officially launched yet? 

There was 2 left on the shelves at lunch time. An XL and a medium. If there was a large left I probably would have purchased it. 

• mack locked this topic