Brisbane Roar Thread 2013/14

Got to comment on you lot (WSW fans).

Out of all the supporters message boards (A-League wise) you lot have shown plenty of respect, along with knowledgeable comments not just trash talk/trolling anx whatnot (at least what I've read so far).

So I tip my hat to you gents (and ladies).

Keep up the fine work you all are doing.

(PS) Sorry for going off topic :)

Out of all the supporters message boards (A-League wise) you lot have shown plenty of respect, along with knowledgeable comments not just trash talk/trolling anx whatnot (at least what I've read so far).

I'd have to agree ;)

Even our trash talk is pretty half-assed and tongue in cheek. It's the Western Sydney way ;)

I think it's because we're pretty secure and happy with our club.

How do you find the ESFC forum?

PS going off topic is how we roll lol

I'd have to agree ;)

Even our trash talk is pretty half-assed and tongue in cheek. It's the Western Sydney way ;)

don't know about you, but i always try to stay on topic.

I'd have to agree ;)

#Inb4thisbecomesaClivePalmerorHolgerOutthread

I'd have to agree ;)

Or another food thread.

I'd have to agree ;)

Or another food thread.

Actually if you get the chance in Brisbane go do the XXXX brewery tour in Milton...the food at their pub is very nice indeed (beer marinated beef sliders)

Edited by ManfredSchaefer

Actually if you get the chance in Brisbane go do the XXXX brewery tour in Milton...the food at their pub is very nice indeed (beer marinated beef sliders)

I concur.

Not bad food at all. Drink wise, one should fine a drink one likes.

What I don't like about the XXXX Brewery is that they no longer have/make their "XXX Sparkling Ale" (*What a lovely drink that was*).

I concur.

What I don't like about the XXXX Brewery is that they no longer have/make their "XXX Sparkling Ale" (*What a lovely drink that was*).

BrisbaneBhoy I think you would fit in here very well... Drinking, Eating, Singing, and football it is the Western Syndey way... but at the end of the day your still a roar supporter but we wont hold it against you :ninja:

I concur.

Psst...let you into a little secret  :ninja:  ;)

Coopers%20Sparkling%20Ale%20375ml.jpg

How do yu find the ESFC forum?

Hmmm, like a lot/most forums I guess.

There are a couple of decent/knowledgeable posters along with a few idiots. Now with that said, I did come across a lot of juvenile posters and trolls which is a shame as there were/are some decent users who are quite knowledgeable when it comes to football (and banter).

BrisbaneBhoy I think you would fit in here very well... Drinking, Eating, Singing, and football it is the Western Syndey way... but at the end of the day your still a roar supporter but we wont hold it against you :ninja:

I can't have everything now can I? Yes I enjoy the drinking, eating, singing and football - along with winning (Brisbane is afterall one of A-Leagues most successful clubs ;) ). So following a team that has a 'stupid ****ing name' is a small sacrifice one must makes :(

Psst...let you into a little secret  :ninja:  ;)

Coopers%20Sparkling%20Ale%20375ml.jpg

Cheers.

I will give it a go next time I come across it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Brisbane look to be doing well so far in pre-season. 

They're definitely title contenders this season. They still have a lot of the players that saw them win back to back titles. 

Agree 100%. Brisbane have been looking dangerous during pre-season, and have seemed to find their groove back. I cant wait for their round 3 clash against MV, that should be a great game.

They're definitely title contenders this season. They still have a lot of the players that saw them win back to back titles. 

Agree 100%. Brisbane have been looking dangerous during pre-season, and have seemed to find their groove back. I cant wait for their round 3 clash against MV, that should be a great game.

Roar-MV always a good match to watch

Most certainly the most attractive teams to watch

Roar-MV always a good match to watch

Most certainly the most attractive teams to watch

One of the best a league, even just football games I've ever seen was a 3-3 draw between the two a couple of years ago, was an absolute belter

Does anyone have a link to highlights of the game? From memory Carlos Hernandez and Danny tiatto were just belting goals in from all over the place

Edited by hughsey

sorry no highlights but Yep I watched that game and it was incredible. Remember those strikes. 

Also remember Melb holding on for a 2-2 draw once when they had 9 men. Played the whole 2nd half in memory serves me correct. 

But agreed since the A-league started as a neutral I always once these game always seems to bring out an entertaining affair.

• 1 month later...

RBB capos picked by size of their "guns" ? on: Today at 02:46:47 PM »

« on: Today at 02:46:47 PM »Watching the RBB last night a few things occurred to me ...to be a capo for them (and they seem to have a few) you must spend all day at the gym (no probs when you don't have a job) , you must have tatts, you must not wear a shirt and you must wear sunglasses at night . 

Do these guys love themselves or what huh.gif?

I think the reason they all sing as instructed is because they are probably too scared not to.

The other thing that occurred to me is that I reckon a fair chunk of their home end are probably gang members who are simply doing as they are told ...(am I stereotyping them too much ? ) Could be completely wrong but it isn't a completely unreasonable thought.

Sydney teams= Scum and Scummer

That beautiful piece is off the Roar forum. Can't help but laugh.

« on: Today at 02:46:47 PM »Watching the RBB last night a few things occurred to me ...to be a capo for them (and they seem to have a few) you must spend all day at the gym (no probs when you don't have a job) , you must have tatts, you must not wear a shirt and you must wear sunglasses at night . 

I think the reason they all sing as instructed is because they are probably too scared not to.

The other thing that occurred to me is that I reckon a fair chunk of their home end are probably gang members who are simply doing as they are told ...(am I stereotyping them too much ? ) Could be completely wrong but it isn't a completely unreasonable thought.

That was like an angel reciting poetry to my ears. I can't wait until November 22 when I'll be at Suncorp to show them how proud we are to be westie scum...

RBB capos picked by size of their "guns" ? on: [/size]Today at 02:46:47 PM »[/size]

« [/size]on: [/size]Today at 02:46:47 PM »[/size]Watching the RBB last night a few things occurred to me ...to be a capo for them (and they seem to have a few) you must spend all day at the gym (no probs when you don't have a job) , you must have tatts, you must not wear a shirt and you must wear sunglasses at night . Do these guys love themselves or what huh.gif?I think the reason they all sing as instructed is because they are probably too scared not to.The other thing that occurred to me is that I reckon a fair chunk of their home end are probably gang members who are simply doing as they are told ...(am I stereotyping them too much ? ) Could be completely wrong but it isn't a completely unreasonable thought.Sydney teams= Scum and Scummer

I think they would kill for the kind of support we have. Suncorp is like a soulless morgue a lot of the time from what I see. The guy seems like an insecure little peanut.

I sometimes wonder if the reason our away fans never cop much from the opposition fans is because they genuinely believe we're going to stab them and steal their shoes if they look at us wrong.

Likely.

He says it like it wouldn't happen...

That was a great game this afternoon....felt sorry for the Heart, when they played all over the Roar for the first 30 mins of the game, but just couldn't put the ball into the back of the net.    I must say, to you Roar supporters...well done for the atmosphere generated by the Den.  It seemed more consistent  than in previous seasons.

The chants might not have been original, but there was variety,  the volume was strong...and the chants kept up all game.

That was a great game this afternoon....felt sorry for the Heart, when they played all over the Roar for the first 30 mins of the game, but just couldn't put the ball into the back of the net.    I must say, to you Roar supporters...well done for the atmosphere generated by the Den.  It seemed more consistent  than in previous seasons.

The chants might not have been original, but there was variety,  the volume was strong...and the chants kept up all game.

just thought i'd highlight everything i read as sarcastic :P

That's hilarious.

Sad ......... but hilarious.

just thought i'd highlight everything i read as sarcastic :P

I'm pretty sure that making something bold, isn't the same as highlighting it! :P