The Roxy: New RBB Home Pub

Did the Roxy end up doing that "first 200 schooners of Toohey's New are free" thing?

Yeah I think that's a bit of a myth, there's been a few gamedays where we've been one of the first people to rock up and we've been given jack ****

i think they had to can that idea because it may have been illegal

Free sausages or free beer. Abuse of either could damage one's health.

Did the Roxy end up doing that "first 200 schooners of Toohey's New are free" thing?

Yeah I think that's a bit of a myth, there's been a few gamedays where we've been one of the first people to rock up and we've been given jack ****

i think they had to can that idea because it may have been illegal
Free sausages or free beer. Abuse of either could damage one's health.

I've managed to consume 12 beers in one sitting without throwing up on several occasions. I once tried to do the same with sausage sandwiches, I only managed seven.

Now you tell me which is worse for your health

What, don't they have Jack Daniels.... :smurfpoint:

I'll let myself out, shall I....

I tell you what, I have gone to the Roxy a few times, and it is still a massive dive and crap hole im afraid, I wish a decent and accommodating venue existed that we could all attend pre game, but the Roxy falls way short im sorry to say...what choice do we have ..none I guess, and this is no reflection of the boys who work hard behind the scenes organising what they can, its just a poor venue really.

I tell you what, I have gone to the Roxy a few times, and it is still a massive dive and crap hole im afraid, I wish a decent and accommodating venue existed that we could all attend pre game, but the Roxy falls way short im sorry to say...what choice do we have ..none I guess, and this is no reflection of the boys who work hard behind the scenes organising what they can, its just a poor venue really.

At my local, $3 schooners on Saturdays from 10am to 6pm....then walk to Wanderland or Woolie in 10-12mins. If you look hard enough there are quite a few alternatives you may like...Hint* walk through Parramatta Park watch out for the big ducks... :ninja:

Yep, you do have a choice.

Woolie or Roxy.

was not sure where to put this but there seemed to be more people in the woolpack this week, and also there was a drum in the woolpack which was unexpected

I thought the drum's been there the past few weeks??  Well at least the Derby as well?? 

was not sure where to put this but there seemed to be more people in the woolpack this week, and also there was a drum in the woolpack which was unexpected

I thought the drum's been there the past few weeks??  Well at least the Derby as well?? 

i dont remember it though maybe my memory is going in my old age, it was a great amount of people at the woolpack, not too packed like last year but not too few people either

I had a ball at the Woolpack on Sunday, walked in grabbed a beer and a sausage sanga from the bar, walked outside and next minute I'm in a conversation with people I've never met before.

Mind you the conversation usually starts with "Where did you get that sausage sandwich from?" 

I had a ball at the Woolpack on Sunday, walked in grabbed a beer and a sausage sanga from the bar, walked outside and next minute I'm in a conversation with people I've never met before.

Mind you the conversation usually starts with "Where did you get that sausage sandwich from?"

The sausage sandwich is a great conversation starter haha