ACL - AWAY TRIP

Pup55

Does that mean you're booked, West13?

Not yet. Been single dad all week so smashed for time. A couple of massages and poo nappy changes away from sign off i reckon.

Really under paid job with poor conditions. I've been lobbying for a pay rise for the last 14 years without success. I have managed to get improved working conditions though. No more poo nappies for me :woah:

What hotels are everyone staying at.. in which area? I know **** all about tokyo

I'm doing an airbnb in Shibuya. If you stay at either Shibuya or Shinjuku you will not be far from the action. Plus trains are so good, anywhere else you want to go will be easy.

Havent brought tickets. How much should it cost?

I will book hotels after flights.

I think last time I went (for Kawasaki), it was about the same as home prices - i.e. ~$30

why not stay at an airbnb

I took your recommendation Unlimited and went for an airbnb in Shinjuku

I think that's better overall - these are usually in more residential areas and you might find nice little local eateries around the area you wouldn't normally find on the tourist track near the hotel

Like, I stayed at an airbnb in Minato-ku (south of Tokyo), and there is a lovely family owned soba noodle place - I got some noodles, some egg fried rice with pork on top, and a beer for just over A$10 - lovely meal, nice place. Nice and friendly owners too - it was ran by a couple of elderly Japanese ladies.

I think that's better overall - these are usually in more residential areas and you might find nice little local eateries around the area you wouldn't normally find on the tourist track near the hotel

Like, I stayed at an airbnb in Minato-ku (south of Tokyo), and there is a lovely family owned soba noodle place - I got some noodles, some egg fried rice with pork on top, and a beer for just over A$10 - lovely meal, nice place. Nice and friendly owners too - it was ran by a couple of elderly Japanese ladies.

...and they didn't fall to the Unlimited charm? Or, you know, proper elderly?

...and they didn't fall to the Unlimited charm? Or, you know, proper elderly?

they were like 70 years old <_<