ACL - AWAY TRIP

Pup55

22nd - 29th flights booked.

As recommended I will be booking accommodation around the Shinjuku area with airbnb.

Wife upset but I will make up to her somehow.

Excited  :meep:

Nice job Fairy! I'm out on 22nd via Melbourne. See you there!

Lets all chat closer to date. I would be very keen to have a WSF meet up in Japan and also share ideas on where to go. I will be traveling alone. lol

As recommended I will be booking accommodation around the Shinjuku area with airbnb.

Lets all chat closer to date. I would be very keen to have a WSF meet up in Japan and also share ideas on where to go. I will be traveling alone. lol

Great stuff... Would be keen for a meet up at the nearby izakayas with a few beers and cod sperm.

Great stuff... Would be keen for a meet up at the nearby izakayas with a few beers and cod sperm.

I think I'll give Japan a miss.

Wife Approval gained!!!!!!!! (Does she really want me to go? No.... however, she has said yes coz she is amazing).

Ill be booking this week once work sign off my leave request.

Couldnt let down TGYWYW, TSB, Fairy and Weeman after our chats.

You are my hero how did you negotiate that one? You thought about working for the UN?

Wife Approval gained!!!!!!!! (Does she really want me to go? No.... however, she has said yes coz she is amazing).

You are my hero how did you negotiate that one? You thought about working for the UN?

I pointed out that my international travel options are shrinking thanks to the POTUS so Japan might be one of my last chances to see a foreign land, and her being of Anglo background means she wont ever know those feels ;) ...

But really, she is just an awesome wife. Need me to talk to your wife to convince her?

I pointed out that my international travel options are shrinking thanks to the POTUS so Japan might be one of my last chances to see a foreign land, and her being of Anglo background means she wont ever know those feels ;) ...

But really, she is just an awesome wife. Need me to talk to your wife to convince her?

Ahhh guilt. Nice.

giphy.gif

Advice! Whats airbnb like? Is it weird staying in someone's place? I get a bit wierded out by that.

Im struggling to find suitable accommodation in the hotel space that isnt super basic and isnt 5 star. Not gonna lie, a bit prescious maybe from being on work accom most of my travels... PLUS have my nephew and his mate coming now so need a suitable setup, will def be 2 rooms minimum.

Ideas?

Jetstar have a good deal to Japan

http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/deals/japan-return-for-free

'Return for free'

Pity that the dates don't match

Advice! Whats airbnb like? Is it weird staying in someone's place? I get a bit wierded out by that.

Im struggling to find suitable accommodation in the hotel space that isnt super basic and isnt 5 star. Not gonna lie, a bit prescious maybe from being on work accom most of my travels... PLUS have my nephew and his mate coming now so need a suitable setup, will def be 2 rooms minimum.

Ideas?

You can rent rooms or a whole place. If you rent a house or apartment it's usually bigger and younalso get a small kitchen and laundry.

Remember accommodation in Japan is a lot smaller than what we're used to. Check the reviews and location. With Airbnb you can save some money but if there is a problem it's a lot harder to get it sorted (promptly) than a hotel as in most cases you're on your own.

If you're concerned about privacy - rent out a whole apartment or house

You'll find quite a number of Airbnbs are owned by the same person - like one of the Airbnbs I stayed at was one of a network of about 50 throughout Japan, owned by the same guy

The one I stayed at was very hotel-like

None of the Airbnbs I stayed in was - I think - anyone's actual main place of residence

Will be around the Kyoto area on April 21/22... might check out a Gamba Osaka game. Anyone been to their stadium?

Gamba's stadium is the suita city football stadium, accessible by bus from ibaraki station on game day. I was there for the recent emperor's cup final and it's a great stadium for football.

@West13 good to know you got the pass sorted out. Looks like it's April party time in Tokyo!

• 1 month later...