What Floats Your Boat 4

I know we are not doing Covid here anymore but this made me happy. A safe, effective and cheap vaccine made for the masses, great for the poorer countries as the developers have chosen not to patent it so will be affordable. A bit better in effectiveness that AZ. :)

https://www.texaschildrens.org/texas-children’s-hospital-and-baylor-college-medicine-covid-19-vaccine-technology-secures-emergency

Alright mack is about to lock this thread with this COVID talk again, so let's get this back on topic:

After some helpful comments from forumites, I have figured out who that attractive WSW player is. She is a defender who has brown hair - perhaps this seems to be my type? (people following my posts will remember the - now regrettable - Nat Tobin fawning a few weeks ago)

Anyway, after some light Instagram research (for the record, 2 minutes tops), I don't think Margaux has a boyfriend. Unfortunately, she has 3,000+ followers on Instagram and I'll assume half are guys and half of those guys also find her attractive and half of them again are single and like her, so I reckon I have 375 competition

This means I have a chance :wub::xnod::xbop:

0.000000000000000001% but I'll take it

If the English cricket team accept my application for batting at #6 in the Sydney Test Match, I reckon I can go up to 1%.

I now realise the foley of my earlier joke 

So @Unlimited are there not some nice young ladies who would appreciate a young up and coming consultant such as yourself?

So while I was waiting for my third booster shot they were running late so I got a coffee what I assume were the GWS women's team came in.. 

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

I now realise the foley of my earlier joke 

So @Unlimited are there not some nice young ladies who would appreciate a young up and coming consultant such as yourself?

So while I was waiting for my third booster shot they were running late so I got a coffee what I assume were the GWS women's team came in.. 

:smurfpoint:

During my Tinder days, any mention of Vicky Kicky was a swift left swipe :nono:

Clear incompatibility

Harking back to discussions in the Olympics Thread, I would rather members from the US women's rugby team :ninja:

16 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

:smurfpoint:

During my Tinder days, any mention of Vicky Kicky was a swift left swipe :nono:

Clear incompatibility

Harking back to discussions in the Olympics Thread, I would rather members from the US women's rugby team :ninja:

A rugby team you wouldn't survive but what a way to go 

8 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

A rugby team you wouldn't survive but what a way to go 

I’m quite monogamous so I’d just need to survive one

But at the moment, I am gaux-ing for Margaux :ninja::wub:

She’s probably as strong as some of them anyway as I believe she plays central defence. Maybe that’s my type? Strong women :xnod:

27 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

She’s probably as strong as some of them anyway as I believe she plays central defence. Maybe that’s my type? Strong women :xnod:

Well we all saw that coming :yahoo:

11 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Wear your referee outfit and use the whistle like all good footballers she will be programmed to respect that 

25 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Wear your referee outfit and use the whistle like all good footballers she will be programmed to respect that 

He'll need to get his Level 2 Referee Accreditation first and then get the Legia kit.

I reckon he could do a lot better than the referee the ALW team got in the second Sydney Derby

37 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

He'll need to get his Level 2 Referee Accreditation first and then get the Legia kit.

I reckon he could do a lot better than the referee the ALW team got in the second Sydney Derby

I think my Level 3 expired after I took my Covid sabbatical :( so I think I’m back to Level 4 or even unrated and need to do my LOTG quiz again!

Blacktown branch has quite a few changes next year from what it looks like on their Facebook, keen to get back out there for my winter cardio 

8 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I think my Level 3 expired after I took my Covid sabbatical :( so I think I’m back to Level 4 or even unrated and need to do my LOTG quiz again!

Blacktown branch has quite a few changes next year from what it looks like on their Facebook, keen to get back out there for my winter cardio 

Double check with your branch coach on your status

I kept refereeing last season till the season was cancelled. Have just refereed a few summer football games in the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Double check with your branch coach on your status

I kept refereeing last season till the season was cancelled. Have just refereed a few summer football games in the last few weeks.

I think one of the issues is that I believe Blacktown is hiring a branch coach :lol:

20 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I think one of the issues is that I believe Blacktown is hiring a branch coach :lol:

That's understandable. Meeting with Kris Griffiths-Jones.

Then it's your branch president. If not, then your status would have to be assessed by Football NSW. I don't a 1 year sabbatical will affect your level.

I'm in neighbouring association to yours and we have been asked to put our unavailability in till the end of March 2022 due to Summer Football continuing.

27 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

My eldest son was appointed to some school games with some of your guys a few years ago. He had a few issues with them so i am not surprised that getting a Branch Coach is difficult. 

30 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

That's understandable. Meeting with Kris Griffiths-Jones.

Then it's your branch president. If not, then your status would have to be assessed by Football NSW. I don't a 1 year sabbatical will affect your level.

I'm in neighbouring association to yours and we have been asked to put our unavailability in till the end of March 2022 due to Summer Football continuing.

I think it's all a bit up in the air due to COVID. I think I'll wait until sign-ups for the 2022 season start, chuck in a registration and then an email to ask about my rank. Not planning to start until March anyway.

Not sure how they are on numbers, they may just give me an emeritus Level 3 or something. I don't mind either way, I do it for fun.

27 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

My eldest son was appointed to some school games with some of your guys a few years ago. He had a few issues with them so i am not surprised that getting a Branch Coach is difficult. 

:(

As in the actual referees themselves? Or the admin?

2 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I think it's all a bit up in the air due to COVID. I think I'll wait until sign-ups for the 2022 season start, chuck in a registration and then an email to ask about my rank. Not planning to start until March anyway.

Not sure how they are on numbers, they may just give me an emeritus Level 3 or something. I don't mind either way, I do it for fun.

:(

As in the actual referees themselves? Or the admin?

The referees were his age at the time (16 years) on their phones on the sideline. Plus they let alot go.

I officiated at some Spartans games and was told our referees were soft.

2 hours ago, marron said:

My playground

Once I am done with the coast I will be back. Everything seems to have been against blue mountains plans this last year or so. Weather, covid or the wife's plans have screwed things up, so not been up there nearly as much as I should.

But for now the weather is good, the sea is warm and the fishies are swimming.

Edited by Smoggy

That was about 8 this morning. Went down below to pay my respects to Blue Gum (been a couple of months at least!) and have a bit of a swim and chill out a bit. A nude hippy meditator seemed to be the only other person about. :lol: But when I got back up the top the place was heaving. Car park at the head was chockers. People in hatchbacks losing bits of their car on the Mt Hay rd, at least one person stuck, too.

11 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Australia about at its best this morning, stunning. Feeling for the old folks back in the old country who just want some warmth on their back.

If I could capture morning feels like this across the year then the mental health would be much better.

At least it will be a slightly happier day in Middlesbrough for football supporters 

Wishing you all a Happy New Year, and hoping, that for all of us Wanderers, it can be a decent New Year with a few positive results, if and when games resume.

Otherwise, life can only get better from now, surely.?

With all this covid shite, Wanderers shite, and everything else going on that we all have to deal with in our personal lives, it can't get much worse. Well, it can. But, so be it.

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Seems like normally on NYE here we have fog and cloud. Tonight for the first time in years we could see the 9PM fireworks in town from the top of the yard (and the ones, er, elsewhere... lol). About to go see if we can spot the ISS as it flies overhead.

Happy New Years everyone. Hope there's at least some good things coming in 22 eh.