What Floats Your Boat 4

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

As some of you may know, I took up tennis recently as a sport.

The local tennis centre had an Open Day today which was nice - anyway, I got unofficially "graded" as to my level. I am now an intermediate tennis player!

:woah::xbop::meep::xnod:

I can't believe it lol

Intermediate Grade Tennis Player

Elite Grade Bellend!

Joking, glad you are enjoying it

So I went into this Hip Hop store in Newtown,  the dudes behind the counter where the most stoner, hip hop graffiti art loving dudes you could imagine..

Anyhow after being 'down with the kids' (for a middle aged white guy) with my choice of old-skool hip hop (see I'm that insecure I seek the approval of random strangers) they start sharing with me the YouTube clip they have been into..

Kids today hey, all into gangsta rap spray paint and model trains.

Tagging @102megan our resident train spotter and @FCB as well it's German

Edited by StringerBellend
19 hours ago, Unlimited said:

The local tennis centre had an Open Day today which was nice - anyway, I got unofficially "graded" as to my level. I am now an intermediate tennis player!

I can't believe it lol

siuuu ! siuuu ! siuuu !  oi oi oi 

:hi:

19 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

So I went into this Hip Hop store in Newtown,  the dudes behind the counter where the most stoner, hip hop graffiti art loving dudes you could imagine..

Anyhow after being 'down with the kids' (for a middle aged white guy) with my choice of old-skool hip hop (see I'm that insecure I seek the approval of random strangers) they start sharing with me the YouTube clip they have been into..

Kids today hey, all into gangsta rap spray paint and model trains.

Tagging @102megan our resident train spotter and @FCB as well it's German

Amazing!!  We've got a few friends that have been there - if we ever head to Europe, it's right up at the top of our list!  

On 22/1/22 at 3:39 PM, Unlimited said:

I can't believe it lol

So your an intermediate beginner right? :lol: Only kidding, sounds like you are working hard at it.

Went for a walk. Lost my bearings descending the slope below the cliffs. Realised I'd left my compass in the other bag. Had a guess. Was wrong. Didn't realise. Scratched up real bad from lawyer vine so thick I reckon at one point it had me trapped in a 10sqm area for half an hour. Started to head for my objective. Realised I was wrong. Started to try a new course. More vine. Gave up. Had a swim. Started to climb out and found a track in really good nick that if I'd struck it would have led me straight where I wanted to go but missed because of the lawyer vine. Oh well, next time. Started climbing out.... no vine anywhere this way. Get to the cliff line and realise I am literally about 20m further along from where I started my descent this morning.

Good day!

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Best snorkelling conditions of the summer this morning.

That was until a sting ray jumped out and scared the shite out of me. Bastard.

Wuss!

I once rescued a young stringray, stranded at low tide in a sandy pool on a riverbank (near the mouth of the river)! :lol:

I think I’ll put this here…

So as we all know the Australian Open is on at the moment and I am in Melbourne for the tennis.

Anyway, I was watching and I noticed this pretty girl a few rows down. I’m watching the match and she’s just in my view and I was trying to figure out if or when to say hi.

I finally worked up the courage to go up to her during a break. I said she was really pretty (she is) and I introduced myself, hoping she would want to grab a drink after the match.

I’m going to scrub names here. She said her first name to me and then something in my mind clicked.

After about 10 seconds I blurted out “hold on, are you a/an (insert name for a participant of a certain sport)?”

She said yes. I then said “you’re (insert name of a certain Olympic gold medallist)???” She smiled.

I’m gonna cut the story there because I became a starstruck blubbering mess - I was mainly annoyed at myself for not having recognised her. But yeah, in hindsight, I met an Olympic gold medallist! It’s a good story right :ninja::( 

Honestly I’m really embarrassed about it but just trying to find the good side of it I guess

6 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I think I’ll put this here…

So as we all know the Australian Open is on at the moment and I am in Melbourne for the tennis.

Anyway, I was watching and I noticed this pretty girl a few rows down. I’m watching the match and she’s just in my view and I was trying to figure out if or when to say hi.

I finally worked up the courage to go up to her during a break. I said she was really pretty (she is) and I introduced myself, hoping she would want to grab a drink after the match.

I’m going to scrub names here. She said her first name to me and then something in my mind clicked.

After about 10 seconds I blurted out “hold on, are you a/an (insert name for a participant of a certain sport)?”

She said yes. I then said “you’re (insert name of a certain Olympic gold medallist)???” She smiled.

I’m gonna cut the story there because I became a starstruck blubbering mess - I was mainly annoyed at myself for not having recognised her. But yeah, in hindsight, I met an Olympic gold medallist! It’s a good story right :ninja::( 

Honestly I’m really embarrassed about it but just trying to find the good side of it I guess

So how did it work out with the drink offer, I am assuming a no on that score lol

11 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

So how did it work out with the drink offer, I am assuming a no on that score lol

I ran away out of embarrassment and shame :( 

I didn’t think I’d be the starstruck type but I learned a lot about myself that night

I believe the FIFA skill in this regard is called “Composure”

Funny, if maybe I was dumber and didn’t know who she was or if I had more composure (plus a couple of other favourable outcomes), I could’ve taken an Olympic gold medallist out on a date. Bizarre world we live in.

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

You recognised her top. What is the likelihood she would have nfi what you were wearing? 

So..your suggesting my jumping up and down in front of her and going "ha ha ha ha ha....." may have seemed confusing and a touch out of place?

Edited by Smoggy