What Floats Your Boat 4

Reasons to be positive..

I have explored all over the 5ks from my home and found things I never knew they were there. Parks, playgrounds and even a shop!

Looking at a map I have looped around the obvious routes and now filling in the roads never walked down before. Found a few decent view. Just need to remember the hour thing now. But good to go down a street usually you would have no other reason to do.

I am prob doing more exercise. I am skipping and walking every day, more so on a weekend, but during the week also

My sons school art work and graphic design work on his walls, it looks great! Work we wouldn't see as much usually.

• 3 weeks later...

Next door neighbours....!

My watch ( battery driven ) died one day after we went into lockdown so I have been without one for over 8 weeks.

Having an over the fence chat with next door and we got around to what we were going to do once restrictions were lifted. When I mentioned a new battery she said "I think I've got one of those somewhere" and then proceeded to pull out a card with all sizes on them including one that fitted mine. :woah:

When we go to sydney we often stop for supplies and a good feed.

Holy **** I just realised now my parents are back in North Parra too (or... WTF name did they give it now on Google Maps? Brickfields? Which is dumb for various historical reasons). Hadn't thought of that yet because we haven't been able to visit obviously.

WFMB - i've scored a job for next year closer to home - no need to set foot in sydney other than for Wanderers games, visiting family or food adventures, which I'll usually try and line up all together :D

Good walk this morning, a little bit of a recce on the 1850s track that was built but  never maintained that goes all the way to the Nepean. Just got out  before it got rainy. Decided I'd have a swim too, proper, plunged in **** it was cold :lol: I think my body almost went into shock.

7 hours ago, marron said:

Good walk this morning, a little bit of a recce on the 1850s track that was built but  never maintained that goes all the way to the Nepean. Just got out  before it got rainy. Decided I'd have a swim too, proper, plunged in **** it was cold :lol: I think my body almost went into shock.

Still have hope I might get up there this side of Xmas.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, marron said:

Too blurry here of course :D

Great times :) 

I was in my late teens but had already left Middlesbrough behind by that point. I was living down near London, which sounds nice but we had **** all money and was like a scene from The Young Ones most of the time. I remember meeting up with my old man before the game, the first thing he prob told me was to “get a ******* haircut”, sorry old man, not much changes.

Edited by Smoggy
17 hours ago, marron said:

Went to the pool this arvo, paying on the way out (yep) the lifeguard says my kid was too cold (spent most of the time lying on the bricks) so he didn't have to pay. 

Yeah, bit early for me yet. But looking forward to getting snorkelling again, especially as my son is really in to it. I bought him an underwater camera that we have not used half as much as I thought due to not going as many places. He is a wayyyy better swimmer than me but then he has been brought up here where as I was brought up with the ******* North Sea and an old man with the attitude “you going to stand there shivering like a pussy or you goin in”…

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a bar last night

Saw two attractive girls at the bar. Thought to myself YOLO.

Went up and started chatting to one of them.

I think I got 15 seconds in before one of them indicated she didn't want to talk to me. :(

However, because I attempted something, I didn't feel too bad afterwards when I left and there was no lingering "what if" scenarios with her

And besides, there were equivalently hot girls on the next table anyway. Unfortunately didn't talk to them but... maybe next time?

3 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Went to a bar last night

Saw two attractive girls at the bar. Thought to myself YOLO.

Went up and started chatting to one of them.

I think I got 15 seconds in before one of them indicated she didn't want to talk to me. :(

However, because I attempted something, I didn't feel too bad afterwards when I left and there was no lingering "what if" scenarios with her

And besides, there were equivalently hot girls on the next table anyway. Unfortunately didn't talk to them but... maybe next time?

Approaching someone and talking to them first up is the hard bit, so if you have that nailed then only matter of time before success.

WFMB: Ted Lasso.

I know I’m probably a bit late to this one, but what a brilliant show. Balks and I binged the whole two seasons over the past week.

It’s just so wholesome, funny and well-done. The soundtrack, characters and jokes are all A+. 

Coach Beard and Roy (angry, hairy men seem to be my type :P) are my favourite characters but everyone on that cast brings something to the show. 

If you haven’t watched it yet, get on it. The episodes are short, so it’s really easy to get through. 

P.S **** Nate Shelley :aggressive:

6 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

WFMB: Ted Lasso.

I know I’m probably a bit late to this one, but what a brilliant show. Balks and I binged the whole two seasons over the past week.

It’s just so wholesome, funny and well-done. The soundtrack, characters and jokes are all A+. 

Coach Beard and Roy (angry, hairy men seem to be my type :P) are my favourite characters but everyone on that cast brings something to the show. 

If you haven’t watched it yet, get on it. The episodes are short, so it’s really easy to get through. 

P.S **** Nate Shelley :aggressive:

Yeah, I have been watching it.

Its an odd one. The British actors in it are far from big names or even actors in a few cases, and if you knew a few well you would be bewildered about people thinking they are great. One of them is more known for being a game show panelist, as a cast is shouldn’t work.

I can think of at least 3-5 recentish British comedies that are better than this, but for some reason a show just clicks for whatever reason. Right vibe at the right time.

It has a few funny bits, but as someone who watches UK TV all the ******* time and who knows the cast better than most I find the hype strange.

I mean, it’s not a terrible show, but it’s no better than a lot of what I have seen. It’s standard stuff for the UK really.

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Yeah, I have been watching it.

Its an odd one. The British actors in it are far from big names or even actors in a few cases, and if you knew a few well you would be bewildered about people thinking they are great. One of them is more known for being a game show panelist, as a cast is shouldn’t work.

I can think of at least 3-5 recentish British comedies that are better than this, but for some reason a show just clicks for whatever reason. Right vibe at the right time.

It has a few funny bits, but as someone who watches UK TV all the ******* time and who knows the cast better than most I find the hype strange.

I mean, it’s not a terrible show, but it’s no better than a lot of what I have seen. It’s standard stuff for the UK really.

I just keep seeing Trent Crimm as the young guy working in Linton Travel Tavern taking to Alan Partridge about music.. my god he looks older, I hope I don't 

Stayed overnight in the city near Circular Quay. Been up since 6am and had a walk by the harbour, never usually down here at this time of day, just me, my sketchbook and a few joggers, stunning. Reminder after being stuck at home for so long how beautiful this city can be.

Back to the Blue Mountains next up :)

Then fingers crossed a bit further just after Xmas.

Good to be back out and about.

Edited by Smoggy
  • mack locked this topic