Western United

mack

1 hour ago, nmh94 said:

Oh FFS, if he leaves just to go to another A-league club I will be pissed.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it before knowing the full story. Maybe we are after someone better or someone who can do the same job cheaper.

On 10/05/2023 at 8:20 PM, GE942150 said:

I wouldn't get too worked up about it before knowing the full story. Maybe we are after someone better or someone who can do the same job cheaper.

It will be the second one won't it.. what's Aritz Borda up to these days he can play either CB or DM knows the league 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Lots of goals in a season is not surplus 

Front 3 of that... mmmm

I mean it wouldn't function properly you have 2 similar players up top and still have an issue in midfield with the wide gap between Brilliante and Beadling and Hypothetically Priovic and Antonsson who both need service and wouldnt be expected to do high pressing. 

9 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

I mean it wouldn't function properly you have 2 similar players up top and still have an issue in midfield with the wide gap between Brilliante and Beadling and Hypothetically Priovic and Antonsson who both need service and wouldnt be expected to do high pressing. 

If beadling is a starting midfielder we are in for a long season (well short as it won't have semis)

• 3 months later...

Having financial issues apparently, late payments to players as per their broadcast today. Other comments on twitter saying they haven't paid the council to finish the roads to the training facility/'temporary' mini stadium. They're one of the clubs paying for the Jets as well which isn't great.

21 minutes ago, mack said:

Having financial issues apparently, late payments to players as per their broadcast today. Other comments on twitter saying they haven't paid the council to finish the roads to the training facility/'temporary' mini stadium. They're one of the clubs paying for the Jets as well which isn't great.

NSLtastic

they won't last 

I'd be surprised if there was any folding happening, the entire project is being done so the people running the club can make a billion dollars on the housing they're building on the land the council gave them a repayment holiday on until 95% of the property is sold.

5 hours ago, mack said:

https://www.espn.com.au/football/story/_/id/39238953/a-league-drifters-western-united-makes-new-stadium-commitment

The 2026-27 A-League season. That's when Western United intends to move into a newly constructed, purpose-built stadium in Melbourne's west.

"Hold me to that," United chairman Jason Sourasis says in an exclusive interview with ESPN.

:search:

Also a story by John Stensholt in a Murdoch paper (paywalled). He is a good journalist who works for conservative rag

Some notes on it from another forum:

• 15k Wyndham City Stadium to be built by 2026-2027. Modelled on PayPal Park in US
  • Aiming to lay the foundations of the stadium by mid-late 2024
  • 2.5k temporary seats have been purchased for the 5k training precinct. Club hopeful of playing out of there by March 2024
  • Melbourne property developer YourLand Developments (who are managing the already-approved masterplan) & American building technology group Johnson Controls (a NY stock-exchange listed conglomerate worth AU$56bn) are investing in the AU$2bn development of the entire precinct (as I understand, which includes the 15k stadium, as both the stadium and precinct and intricately linked)
  • Johnson Controls are the "technology partner of the project" which I assume means they'll be the official construction partner (what Probuild were supposed to be before their collapse). [However I'm speculating here - it's possible a seperate construction partner will be announced now that the $2bn funding has been approved.]
  • A $50 mil debt facility (a type of loan agreement) will help unlock the public-private partnership with Wyndham City Council for the stadium & then the entire 62.5ha precinct. WMG (West Melbourne Group) have already spent $70mil on prep work (via investors such as Scott Pendlebury, Thanasi Kokkinakis, etc.) but needed this extra $50mil to lock in the next stage of development.
  • Entire 62.5ha project (stadium & precinct masterplan) hoping for a phased completion over 10 years. Four distinct precincts including: High Performance Sports Precinct, Stadium Precinct, Residential Precinct; Commercial and Mixed-Use Precinct.
  • Will eventually be approx. 100,000 people living in the precinct (within a 2km radius)
  • Player payments delay was simply due to banking transfer limits being exceeded, was just a 24hr delay