Western Sydney Stadium Open

40 minutes ago, hughsey said:

How does a $300m stadium with a decent elevation fail to cope with a weeks worth of rain into Parramatta river?

I don’t recall the old stadium ever having such a problem.

I’d love to get Flytox’s opinion if he was still active on here

The pitch has been in a terrible state for the last few months tbh, complaints about the surface at most games. This has nothing to do with the Parramatta River, which would never impact the stadium even at its highest flood level.

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

How does a $300m stadium with a decent elevation fail to cope with a weeks worth of rain into Parramatta river?

I don’t recall the old stadium ever having such a problem.

I’d love to get Flytox’s opinion if he was still active on here

It's not the stadium that can't cope.

It's the drainage from the stadium to the water system. The entire water table in Parramatta is flooded.

58 minutes ago, mack said:

The Women's game is possibly going to move to the Blacktown Facility tomorrow night.

I've just read it's behind closed doors at Commbank tomorrow night. Or is your comment more up to date? 

8 minutes ago, mack said:

I may have misinterpreted regarding the location now that I think about it.

Just for context, Melb City Women are supposed to be playing a catch up game against Newcastle in Melbourne tomorrow night.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Yep. Watching as well. This should be us if our management hadn't been so shite for the past 6 seasons.

And, the pitch looks absolutely shite.

Attendance announced 28,300.

15 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Attendance announced 28,300.

Yeah I was there. Good atmosphere even though it was NRL and the chants are mind numbing in their simplicity... Great to see the ground best part of full, makes you realise how far we have fallen.

Seriously hope we can get back to that level at some stage. But no confidence ATM. Prove me wrong Wanderers!

1 hour ago, Potkorok said:

Yeah I was there. Good atmosphere even though it was NRL and the chants are mind numbing in their simplicity... Great to see the ground best part of full, makes you realise how far we have fallen.

Seriously hope we can get back to that level at some stage. But no confidence ATM. Prove me wrong Wanderers!

Just out of curiosity have you attended and Wanderers games recently?

5 hours ago, Wobblies said:

Just out of curiosity have you attended and Wanderers games recently?

Been a few weeks I’m afraid. First time I’ve missed multiple home games since the club was started. Of course mid week games make it harder too with work.

Took my aunt who is a diehard Eels supporter and that was main reason I went to the NRL. Although I do go occasionally with different people. Can be a good way to catch up with friends and family I haven’t seen for a while.