Armageddon Thread

marron

This is what some of the world think of us - 

Australia has turned into a draconian police state.

Here's a thread highlighting some of the insane things happening there.

Let's RETWEET this thread to let everyone know what's happening, because the media is silent.

1. They are building quarantine camps.

2. They deployed the army to patrol the streets to lock people inside their homes.

3. Unarmed civilians shot with rubber bullets for protesting the government.

4. Children tear gassed by police for being in the protests.

5. Citizens to be forced to download an app with facial recognition and location tracking. Police will require you to send photos of yourself randomly to prove your whereabouts.

If you don't reply within 15 minutes, police will knock on your door.

6. A new surveillance law allows police to DELETE and modify files on your device and take over social media accounts without a judges warrant.

7. Mothers were fined $1000 for talking with each other outdoors.

8. A man was jailed for 8 months for organizing a protest against the government. He was arrested and sentenced in only 24 hours.

9. Police have emergency powers to:

- Break into any land, building or vehicle with any force necessary

- Order people undergo medical exams, tests or treatments.

- Prohibit people's movement.

- Put people in quarantine.

- Force people to give info.

10. Police patrolling childrens playgrounds to make sure kids aren't playing.

11. Don't like any of this? Citizens aren't even allowed to leave the country.

Please share this. People need to know what's happening.

If it can happen there, it can happen here too.

13 minutes ago, Stokz said:

Let's RETWEET this thread to let everyone know what's happening, because the media is silent.

2. They deployed the army to patrol the streets to lock people inside their homes.

5. Citizens to be forced to download an app with facial recognition and location tracking. Police will require you to send photos of yourself randomly to prove your whereabouts.

6. A new surveillance law allows police to DELETE and modify files on your device and take over social media accounts without a judges warrant.

8. A man was jailed for 8 months for organizing a protest against the government. He was arrested and sentenced in only 24 hours.

All put together by an "extreme right wing nutter"

Meet Peter Imanuelsen, aka Peter Sweden, the bigoted conspiracy theorist who is a frequent source for the American “alt-right” on Europe

20 hours ago, Stokz said:

And what kind of parent signs up their kid for a vaccine trial, knowing full well there were side effects for adults, even death. Even though the chances are small, why would you risk your kids health to be a guinea pig.

If we didn't trial things there would never be any development in medicines for humans. There is an inherent risk in anything we choose to do, so calculated risks under controlled settings must be undertaken. I can understand parents not wanting to create additional risk for their kids, but statistically there are less risks involved in vaccines than the virus itself. So statistically parents are exposing their child to a lower risk profile under strict conditions. Not for everyone but a necessity for all types of vaccinations and medicines.

My partner and I signed up to a vaccination research project at Westmead with our child in 2019, but that was for established vaccines that all (vaccinated) children already get, to see the impact on it under certain conditions (mothers with certain autoimmune diseases).

2 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Just look at the wanker who posted the ******* thing.

I know he's deliberately being provocative but apparently the cops did use rubber bullets in Melbourne. Not sure on the tear gas thing though.

36 minutes ago, Stokz said:

Gotta be kidding , if this bloke was in Australia he would be in Jail , 1 blokes view is not "some of the world" it is one of the world for goodness sake !!!!

7 minutes ago, Carns said:

I know he's deliberately being provocative but apparently the cops did use rubber bullets in Melbourne. Not sure on the tear gas thing though.

I saw pics on Twitter during the protest of kids being peppered, probably because they were with their parents and got caught in the cross-fire.

15 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Gotta be kidding , if this bloke was in Australia he would be in Jail , 1 blokes view is not "some of the world" it is one of the world for goodness sake !!!!

Maybe, But have a look at the Retweets & Quote Retweets in what people are saying about that thread.

Lol at the quarantine camps.

We've had those for like 150 years and we largely use them to lock up brown people. They've gone by other names. Would love to see some of this energy directed at them.

I have plenty of issues with police powers but which of those are

a) accurate

b) not something that Dutton has been trying to get in for way longer than Covid has been a thing? Again, would love to see this energy directed there.

Sorry to pile on here but new update on ambulances.... a 14 hour wait for 4 week old baby who had COVID to gain entry into Penrith. Its just really cascading beyond the Ambulance and hospitals ability to manage. The concerning thing is those with emergencies that are not COVID that cannot be attended to by the Health system.

Yep, nice spot (with a lot of unmarked graves, and some nice examples of differentiated accomodation for different races).

I remember reading a study years ago that showed that the level of quarantine imposed at different times in Australia for different things has roughly coincided with xenophobic attitudes/policies, the argument being that Australia has always used it as an excuse.

Anyway - point being - a lot of these kind of things were on the cards pre-covid. Dutton wanted to implement greater police powers to take down rabid commie leftist activists (or something). We already had our detention centres to lock up people coming into the country. (Remember why we can't use those for quarantining returning Australians? Because they are so ****!)

1 hour ago, Ossified said:

I can imagine that being a nurse or Dr in Mississippi means spending 90% of your workday fighting the urge to scream.

Hang on I thought this was all being suppressed by 'the man'? It isn't it's actually being pushed by the largest News network in the US.

I'm sorry alt-right cool kids, you don't get to be the rebel here, you have one of the richest men in the world and his entire news organisation pushing your agenda.

Until this thing is proven by a proper peer-reviewed paper, nobody should be going anywhere near it, and the media shouldn't be pushing it. No matter what a doctor in his front room with a webcam says.

This is why YouTube* rightly booted the guys clip.

One more time. We have been here before for with type of stuff, and it resulted in people getting very sick and being killed.

3 hours ago, Stokz said:

Not one person has been able to answer how India got its Delta outbreak under control and so quickly? 

If it wasn't Ivermectin, then what was it? 

Surely - there would be one article / in-depth case study on it. Why is no one in the West talking about it? 

Huh? I gave you an article

67% or so of the population developed antibodies that prevent infection. You get those from either vaccination or having contracted the virus.

I can imagine that being a nurse or Dr in Mississippi means spending 90% of your workday fighting the urge to scream.

I don’t understand why you would source any type of Ivermectin, bypass your GP, and self dose yourself on it. It’s like the belief in this drug makes them overcome obvious risks of self medicating but avoid a vaccination that has been tested in more people than most other vaccines ever historically has. It defies belief. I get why people take zinc and vitamin c and B12 etc because you can pick it up in a pharmacy and it has been tested for toxicity but Ivermectin is a DRUG! ******* talk to your doc! At least find a sympathetic medical practitioner that will give you a safe course and dose! FMD! 

1 hour ago, sonar said:

NSW records highest numbers of cases 1431 with 12 deaths........a bit selfish but be glad we're not one of the unlucky ones that gets to die......yet.

:sorry:

On schedule for 2000 by Sep 10th, and maybe 4000 by Sep 20th. It all depends when vaccination kicks in, in a meaningful way.

VIC figures should be 400 by Sep 10th, and maybe 800 by Sep 20th.

Scary ****. Thank goodness this vaccination thing is not a race. If it was then we'd really be in trouble...

Meet Peter Imanuelsen, aka Peter Sweden, the bigoted conspiracy theorist who is a frequent source for the American “alt-right” on Europe

So here is my argument if you like on this. @wendybr (hope you don't mind me tagging you in we have discussed it before.

I have no chance of understanding, the effectiveness of vaccines, the effectiveness of treatments (be they horse dip or otherwise), the success of Sweden's response to covid, or on a another topic climate change etc. 

I can't I have a job to do and no time. So what I do (and most do) is they outsource this work to a group of people who do, who are expert in the field, who have had their work reviewed by other smart dudes, who show their data and working out, of which it gets challenged...

So for vaccine and treatment effectiveness, I might take the consensus view of medical professionals, researchers etc. For the state of Sweedens response epidemiologists who are studying in, data scientists etc. For climate science  I go to Climate Scientists (not one) but the consensus.

The system isn't perfect but it the best we have.

So my questions are

Why is there a growing (and very noisey) group rejecting this, to instead trust a dude on YouTube in his lounge room, or racist blues guitarist, or a twitter guy, or a psychologist who calls himself the professor against political correctness?

Why do the cool 'alt-right' kids, see themselves as being rebellious and anti-establishment, yet they have the largest media organisation in the world championing their case, and until recently had the president of the USA doing the same?

Why is it that the believe that they are being silenced and censored, seems to be held so strongly, despite that clearly they aren't?

Why is the vaccine being held to a far higher bar, than the cool alt-right cures? i.e. I'm not touching the vaccine as it is new and rushed, but I'm quite happy to help myself to horse dip?

13 hours ago, wendybr said:

Yes - Mexico City, parts of Africa  and in Peru as well.

I guess many of these countries are very familiar with the drug, and its safety profile - so govts have gone ahead in these places -  and distributed it widely, without trials.

These kits have been given out by the 10s of thousands in a number of places.

But the average Aussie probably hasn't heard of this drug until the last few days. 

And what do they know of it, other than moronic "antivaxers" are self medicating with it, and worse still, they are using some "horse wormer" version of it!!!

I don't know whether invermectin is useful for covid or not. But being used in Peru isn't an endorsement! Peru's covid death rate is the world's highest at 5,920 per million of population, almost double the next country. 

4 hours ago, Stokz said:

Sorry mate, your probably a top bloke outside of this, but what your saying is embarrassing. If you read what Wendy was saying, you could see what is being proposed is never self medication.

Regarding exposing kids - why is it that no country (and with covid rampant) has yet started vaccinating kids under 12? 

And hey another dig at the gold old Catholic Church..... (like its relevant at all in the conversation.)

Me? A top bloke? I wouldn't want to sign that statement.

I have no problem people taking vitamin pills, ivermectin or laxatives (and **** their trousers) if they think that it helps them. I do have an issue if that wisdom then translates into people running around in the community and pretend that they are not infectious, because Uncle Donald in the USA or some internet dude told them so.

I just checked a German government website, with their recommendation what kids below 12 should be vaccinated against: diphterie, Meningoencephalitis, Influenza, HepB, Measels, Meningococcal, whooping cough, mumps, Pneumococcal, Polio, Rubella, tetanus, chickenpox. I presume that covid will be added to that list soon.

Digs at the Catholic Church: anytime. If they were not a church they would be considered a criminal organization, charged with pedophilia, ****, murder, child abuse, torture etc. Churches would be converted into museums, and priests could sniff each others bums in jail. As they should.

I guess what is more relevant when the cult called Catholic Church joins the conspiracy movement, throws a good dose of "belief" (aka ideology) into the vaccination debates, and have something to say about the medical matter of vaccination based on religious grounds.

https://newideal.aynrand.org/what-the-catholic-vaccine-opposition-confesses/

https://www.ncronline.org/news/coronavirus/colorado-bishops-oppose-vaccine-mandates-welcome-denvers-religious-exemption

28 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

So here is my argument if you like on this. @wendybr (hope you don't mind me tagging you in we have discussed it before.

I have no chance of understanding, the effectiveness of vaccines, the effectiveness of treatments (be they horse dip or otherwise), the success of Sweden's response to covid, or on a another topic climate change etc. 

I can't I have a job to do and no time. So what I do (and most do) is they outsource this work to a group of people who do, who are expert in the field, who have had their work reviewed by other smart dudes, who show their data and working out, of which it gets challenged...

So for vaccine and treatment effectiveness, I might take the consensus view of medical professionals, researchers etc. For the state of Sweedens response epidemiologists who are studying in, data scientists etc. For climate science  I go to Climate Scientists (not one) but the consensus.

The system isn't perfect but it the best we have.

So my questions are

Why is there a growing (and very noisey) group rejecting this, to instead trust a dude on YouTube in his lounge room, or racist blues guitarist, or a twitter guy, or a psychologist who calls himself the professor against political correctness?

Why do the cool 'alt-right' kids, see themselves as being rebellious and anti-establishment, yet they have the largest media organisation in the world championing their case, and until recently had the president of the USA doing the same?

Why is it that the believe that they are being silenced and censored, seems to be held so strongly, despite that clearly they aren't?

Why is the vaccine being held to a far higher bar, than the cool alt-right cures? i.e. I'm not touching the vaccine as it is new and rushed, but I'm quite happy to help myself to horse dip?

Wow that last question is so true. Why is the vaccine being held to a far higher bar than the other purported remedies? 

28 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Huh? I gave you an article

67% or so of the population developed antibodies that prevent infection. You get those from either vaccination or having contracted the virus.

I saw that but it doesn't add up.

Currently 32 million have contracted the virus in India out of a population of 1.36 Billion (that's only 2.34%) and as of now only 11.1% are fully vaccinated.  Vaccination rates 3 months were even worse. 

How do you get 67% from that.

2 minutes ago, Stokz said:

I saw that but it doesn't add up.

Currently 32 million have contracted the virus in India out of a population of 1.36 Billion (that's only 2.34%) and as of now only 11.1% are fully vaccinated.  Vaccination rates 3 months were even worse. 

How do you get 67% from that.

Well the article answers your question:

It seems it’s a combination of not testing all the cases and missing 33 cases per 1 positive (last paragraph) and a national survey they conducted to get 67% (first paragraph).

https://theconversation.com/after-indias-brutal-coronavirus-wave-two-thirds-of-population-has-been-exposed-to-sars-cov2-165050

How many of India’s 1.3 billion people have been infected?

In the aftermath of the second wave from roughly April to June, the Indian Council of Medical Research conducted the fourth round of a national sero-survey in June and July 2021 to test for antibodies in blood samples from residents across 70 districts of 21 states. The overall sero-prevalence was 67.6%, a huge increase from 24.1% recorded in the third round from December, 2020 to January, 2021. The presence of antibodies indicates that a person has either been exposed to the coronavirus or has been vaccinated. 

Sero-positivity among children was 57.2% in those aged 6-9 years and 61.6% among those who are 10-17 years old. Experts believe that there is not much scientific evidence that children would be disproportionately vulnerable in a third wave. The government, however, anticipates the possibility of intermittent surges in the number of cases and prepared operational guidelines for children and adolescents in preparation for a third wave. Seroprevalence among those above 45 years was 77.6% and 66.7% among younger adults, indicating the effect of vaccination as well as infections. 

The coronavirus had spread through the entire country; seroprevalence among the rural population (66.5%) was only slightly lower than in urban counterparts. A wide range of interstate differences have emerged, from a low of 44.4% in Kerala to 79% in Madhya Pradesh. 

The extent of undercount – the difference between estimated cases (based on seroprevalence) and actual cases detected by RT-PCR and rapid antigen tests – is particularly worrying. Nationally, the system missed 33 cases for every one detected.

2 hours ago, Ossified said:

I'm surprised that Old Mate decided to share that one with us.....then again.....