Armageddon Thread

marron

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Was going to recommend some of what I'll post below anyway - because there are definitely supplements to take that will improve one's overall health, and quite a bit of research has emerged to support the assertion that they are worth considering in Covid times.

If anyone's interested, I'll post some below.

And.. are you asking if there is evidence that having Covid builds immunity??

No

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

5 hours ago, Stokz said:

So your saying around 1 billion Indian were exposed to the virus.

Wow.

Of that only 439,916 died - 0.04%.

I don't think that modelling is anywhere near correct.

67% so 670 million. I don't make the numbers, I trust that this news source and person are legitimate. If India are truly missing 33 cases per 1 detected positive, it's very difficult because now we don't know what numbers to trust.

This link (https://www.wsj.com/articles/india-has-undercounted-covid-19-deaths-by-hundreds-of-thousands-families-and-experts-say-11624795202) and this one (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-21/india-covid-deaths-could-be-in-the-millions/100310602) says that India have probably undercounted many millions of deaths.

For instance, I do not trust one bit the numbers coming out of China.

Who knows? All we can do is trust the experts have got it right.

3 hours ago, wendybr said:

Because the media and health authorities in general, and certainly at this time, have been uninterested in depicting things on the mend in some parts of the world - and maybe even a bit of positivity with any of this.

Well, yes because that's how the news works. That's why the 7pm bulletin led with "militant terrorist stabbed people then shot to death in Auckland" rather than a special interest story about puppies or cute kittens

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Off topic. Faith is one thing (the belief), religion (the rituals) is another, and organized religion (enforcing the rituals) again is another thing.

I don't have an issue with the faith, nor the religion, but with the man made self appointed gate keepers. Bit like FFA, when the Lowys assumed total ownership of football in this country, just much worse.

IMHO the Catholic Church structurally, at "corporate level", are a criminal organization, historically and in present times. A cult. When that lot thinks they have something to say that is outside of their jurisdiction then my reaction is a hostile one. I am sorry if you find that view offensive.

They should do more bible classes, more semon of the mount stuff, less old testament. Maybe that would help them keeping their penises out of little children.

I’m sorry but that is absolute bullshit. 

We went through the Balkan wars, and I can testify the Catholic Church kept us alive. 

2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I'm sorry I wrote a long thought full arguement, and here we are 

Yes it was. I acknowledged that with a Like.

I hadn't finished responding...I was going to take numerous points, but I won't bother further.

I'll  just leave this one here. It's perfectly sensible medical advice.

Over to you Stokz.

😊😊

13 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

67% so 670 million. I don't make the numbers, I trust that this news source and person are legitimate. If India are truly missing 33 cases per 1 detected positive, it's very difficult because now we don't know what numbers to trust.

This link (https://www.wsj.com/articles/india-has-undercounted-covid-19-deaths-by-hundreds-of-thousands-families-and-experts-say-11624795202) and this one (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-21/india-covid-deaths-could-be-in-the-millions/100310602) says that India have probably undercounted many millions of deaths.

For instance, I do not trust one bit the numbers coming out of China.

Who knows? All we can do is trust the experts have got it right.

Well, yes because that's how the news works. That's why the 7pm bulletin led with "militant terrorist stabbed people then shot to death in Auckland" rather than a special interest story about puppies or cute kittens

Whether it is 91m or 1bn - at worst the death rate I’m getting is around 0.46%. Calculate 67% of 1.366bn

I and my others would take our chances on a disease like that without needing a vaccine for that. 

17 minutes ago, Stokz said:

Whether it is 91m or 1bn - at worst the death rate I’m getting is around 0.46%. Calculate 67% of 1.366bn

I and my others would take our chances on a disease like that without needing a vaccine for that. 

Seems like the real average is around 1-2% (https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality) although not sure wtf is going on in Mexico

That said, I personally would not take that 1-2% chance without a vaccine. But that's just me.

6 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Seems like the real average is around 1-2% (https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality) although not sure wtf is going on in Mexico

That said, I personally would not take that 1-2% chance without a vaccine. But that's just me.

That’s why your anti-bodies example doesn’t make sense at all. 0.47% is big difference to 1-2% at population of over 1bn.

To be honest - this argument why the cares dropped so much and drastically, isn’t realistic. 

Say what you want but ivermectin had a big role in the drop in the cases. If you deny that, your kidding yourselfs. 

Get Vaccinated dudes 

Gladwrap is going to let the brakes of soon

11 hours ago, Stokz said:

Say what you want but ivermectin had a big role in the drop in the cases. If you deny that, your kidding yourselfs. 

show me a decent peer reviewed published paper from a reputable source and I'll accept it (not an anecdote)

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Get Vaccinated dudes 

Gladwrap is going to let the brakes of soon

show me a decent peer reviewed published paper from a reputable source and I'll accept it (not an anecdote)

I know I’ll have to get vaccinated in the next 2 months. I’ve kind of accepted that. 

But where does it stop? Check-ins will be linked to vaccinations. So will boosters be mandatory as well?

They could easily expire your vaccination and not allow you access if your booster shot is not up to date. 

Are you guys ok with that ? 

I don’t have an issue with boosters, for people that want them but surely they shouldn’t be mandatory. 

27 minutes ago, Stokz said:

I know I’ll have to get vaccinated in the next 2 months. I’ve kind of accepted that. 

But where does it stop? Check-ins will be linked to vaccinations. So will boosters be mandatory as well?

They could easily expire your vaccination and not allow you access if your booster shot is not up to date. 

I don’t have an issue with boosters, for people that want them but surely they shouldn’t be mandatory. 

I’m ok with that until this virus becomes treatable. Which it will. Maybe two years. The treatment scene is very very active right now. There is already two late stage studies on a twice a day, ten day regimes, to prevent serious sickness in early stage Covid. We will get there. 

But I also think, the cat is out of the bag and another pandemic somewhere down the track sooner rather than later is inevitable. Government pandemic plans will be just normal planning. 

Edited by Cynth

painless booster injection vs the risk of me spreading the disease to a loved one and them having long covid or death.  Easy answer.

I have no problem getting the booster and would hope that everyone at the table next to me in a restaurant has had it too.  There is freedom to choose not to have it, but it's then fair enough that you don't have the same freedoms as people who choose to do the right thing.

I think this is the biggest clue that our our education system isn't up to scratch.... the fact that people are believing these conspiracy theories and think that some social media influencer is a good source of information.

23 minutes ago, Stokz said:

As far as I am aware no one has stated that boosters will be mandatory. Happy to be corrected if you have a link to any Fed or State govts that are planning mandatory boosters.

3 minutes ago, coachcarter said:

painless booster injection vs the risk of me spreading the disease to a loved one and them having long covid or death.  Easy answer.

I have no problem getting the booster and would hope that everyone at the table next to me in a restaurant has had it too.  There is freedom to choose not to have it, but it's then fair enough that you don't have the same freedoms as people who choose to do the right thing.

I think this is the biggest clue that our our education system isn't up to scratch.... the fact that people are believing these conspiracy theories and think that some social media influencer is a good source of information.

Oh hear hear! The whole disinformation problem irks me. There have been developed plans in the federal government to challenge the disinformation problem but the Communications Minister keeps rejecting them! Finland have a great education program for online literacy that works a treat! 

5 minutes ago, coachcarter said:

Yep.

Have to disagree about education though. We are in a period of information overload.....not just on covid.

People can be pulled/manipulated by politicians, social media or media in general in a hundred different directions.....like the Palmer/Craig Kelly advertising campaigns........Murdoch,Sky in Aus and Fox News and the big lie in the US...... they're taking away your freedom.....Dictator Dan etc

I would guess that 80% of people are trying to be rational and objective. 

My paranoia leads me to think this mightn't be around too long.

But an article, raising a bewildering issue...debated here.

I actually haven't read it all the way through...I can guess how it ends.

Should vaccines be mandatory for healthcare workers? 
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-04/healthcare-workers-vaccine-mandate-some-choose-no-vaccination/100433600

Yeah, as far as education goes - I mean, I think there are roles to play here. I 100% try to play my part as a teacher. It's hard. And of course, the people in control of education tend to be people like Alan Tudge who will insist that HIS version of the world is what goes into the education system (which no doubt also includes "fair to both sides when one side actually has no standing though" arguments). And of course that's ironic because those types tend to be against the idea of the state playing a role in every other aspect of life.

But here's the other thing  -the vast vast vast majority of the people putting bullshit out there, believing it, consuming it and spreading misinformation firther  grew up and were educated in a time before the internet. I mean, if you think about it, it almost explains a lot of the gullibility. We were used to published things being able to be taken largely in good faith. I genuinely wonder if that disconnect is a part of why people believe youtube comments are a viable source of information.

Can anyone explain how ANY percentage of nurses, ambos and other front-line health care worker would be stupid enough to resist the vaccines?

They are protesting outside hospitals, getting stood down and sacked all over the US for starters.

How can this be?

PS Sorry to chuck this into other issues being discussed today-I haven't caught up yet 

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

My paranoia leads me to think this mightn't be around too long.

But an article, raising a bewildering issue...debated here.

I actually haven't read it all the way through...I can guess how it ends.

Should vaccines be mandatory for healthcare workers? 
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-04/healthcare-workers-vaccine-mandate-some-choose-no-vaccination/100433600

Careful Wendy you are posting evidence that refutes your position that the "mainstream media" don't report on these issues. I know, I know, the fact that this is the only one you've seen actually proves your point ;)

• mack locked this topic