Australia Cup 2022

Michael Edgley (also Green & Gold Army) on the Box-2-Box podcast has blamed us for the post-game trouble at the Smurfs v Mariners game.

Listen and make up you own mind

Here is his email address if you want to complain 

michael@meaesh.com.au

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Michael Edgley (also Green & Gold Army) on the Box-2-Box podcast has blamed us for the post-game trouble at the Smurfs v Mariners game.

Listen and make up you own mind

Here is his email address if you want to complain 

michael@meaesh.com.au

Haven't heard the podcast, but is there some insinuation that some of our active supporters went out of their way to assemble and go to an inner west game to do nothing but provoke a clash between two other teams in a comp that we are not involved in? That's drawing a pretty long bow.

2 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

Haven't heard the podcast, but is there some insinuation that some of our active supporters went out of their way to assemble and go to an inner west game to do nothing but provoke a clash between two other teams in a comp that we are not involved in? That's drawing a pretty long bow.

Not sure that the Mariners fans would be up for a 'clash'. Their 'active' support would have to put their instruments down first.....

Round of 16 begins tonight 7:30pm on 10play:

Smurfs vs Bentleigh Greens - probably the one tipped for an upset in this round due to Smurf squad still lacking new signings and Bentleigh being known to be one of the NPL power houses that can take it to A-league opposition, although Bentleigh have been under the pump in the Victorian NPL and Broadmeadow took things to extra time with their super keeper.

Macarthur Bulls Vs Modbury Jets - Macarthur would be heavy favourites over Modbury coming from NPL 2 SA. Modbury caused a shock with their win away in WA over NPL side Armadale but may find it difficult to compete against the Bulls who destroyed their previous opposition Magpies Crusaders who play NPL 2 in Queensland.

Sydney United 58 v Western United (aka Fraudsters) being played at Bonnyrigg Sports Centre.

Has peace been made betweenSydney United 58 and Bonnyrigg White Eagles?

Looks like Australia Cup games can't be played on synthetic pitches.

Troisi can't play for the Fraudsters as he is cup tied.

13 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Sydney United 58 v Western United (aka Fraudsters) being played at Bonnyrigg Sports Centre.

Has peace been made betweenSydney United 58 and Bonnyrigg White Eagles?

Looks like Australia Cup games can't be played on synthetic pitches.

Troisi can't play for the Fraudsters as he is cup tied.

Looks like a synthetic pitch to me.

4 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Thats not what is stated on the Football Australia app

https://www.australiacup.com.au/fixtures#!/fixtures/s2022/r3

I haven't been to either venue for some years. After your comment it took me a little while to convince myself I was watching a match at SUSC so I checked the draw.

2 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

https://www.australiacup.com.au/fixtures#!/fixtures/s2022/r3

I haven't been to either venue for some years. After your comment it took me a little while to convince myself I was watching a match at SUSC so I checked the draw.

When they panned to the left, it was definitely the Sydney United home ground. So you are right

I was under the impression that AL men's teams would play on synthetic pitches