What Really Grinds My Gears 5

28 minutes ago, marron said:

People. People everywhere. I'm starting to feel like for me personally it's the worst aspect of covid, that all these ****ers have not ****ed off to ******* Disneyland or wherever the **** they normally go and are instead setting up in droves in some of my favourite places because some other ****er put it on Instagram.

People are the absolute worst sometimes

Yeah.

Nothing too bad, it's more just them existing in places that are normally deserted or very quiet.. :lol:  .been going to this one place for almost 40 years, it was packed today, really thought that by leaving it this late it would have quietened down in general anyway, but apparently not.

Something that is interesting to me is also that apparently people don't care about places being busy, either - like, they have an expectation that there WILL be other people around, so, they will set up shop right next to you without any acknowledgement. Like, If I rock up somewhere quiet, and there's people there, I try and find the spot that's as far away as possible, you know? Vast swathes of the population don't think like that though.

49 minutes ago, marron said:

People. People everywhere. I'm starting to feel like for me personally it's the worst aspect of covid, that all these ****ers have not ****ed off to ******* Disneyland or wherever the **** they normally go and are instead setting up in droves in some of my favourite places because some other ****er put it on Instagram.

Blue mountains hardly anyone about today..perfect :D

1 minute ago, marron said:

Good to hear, I can appreciate that even though I'm far away haha.

Other good thing about there is I do know places that are a bitch to get to that I'm happy to haul myself to. :D

Seriously though..staying in Katoomba and had an early walk to three sisters look out. I was the ONLY person there for 15 mins..when another couple rocked up...unheard of.

Passed very few on my walk.

6 minutes ago, marron said:

Good to hear, I can appreciate that even though I'm far away haha.

Other good thing about there is I do know places that are a bitch to get to that I'm happy to haul myself to. :D

Oh..and bought a book on native plants of the Blue Mountains...to which my wife rolled her eyes :unknw:

Some just have no ******* interest in anything...

56 minutes ago, marron said:

Awww...

Don't worry Marron!

In a couple of day's time, you'll be jammed into a room with 30 kids for the best part of 6 hours a day!

Save your complaints about being  surrounded by people til then!

:meep::meep:

16 minutes ago, marron said:

Yeah.

Nothing too bad, it's more just them existing in places that are normally deserted or very quiet.. :lol:  .been going to this one place for almost 40 years, it was packed today, really thought that by leaving it this late it would have quietened down in general anyway, but apparently not.

Something that is interesting to me is also that apparently people don't care about places being busy, either - like, they have an expectation that there WILL be other people around, so, they will set up shop right next to you without any acknowledgement. Like, If I rock up somewhere quiet, and there's people there, I try and find the spot that's as far away as possible, you know? Vast swathes of the population don't think like that though.

Totally agree with you on that.

We must be weird!

:lol::lol:

On 29/01/2021 at 6:15 AM, marron said:

**** Google. Chromecast stopped working properly so I did the standard thing and reset it. Now it won't work unless I have google home on my phone. Seriously, **** you you bastards. 

So now I have no easy way to stream stuff from my computer to my old non smart telly. Currently using an HDMI cable but bizarrely the only laptop in the house with an HDMI port is the shittest one and it's not great.

Are there any completely standalone subscription free boxes or devices that will let me stream netflix, kayo, iview, whatever else to my tv? I seem to remember fetch appears to be that but you have to have a subscription or something for it to work?

3 hours ago, marron said:

So now I have no easy way to stream stuff from my computer to my old non smart telly. Currently using an HDMI cable but bizarrely the only laptop in the house with an HDMI port is the shittest one and it's not great.

Are there any completely standalone subscription free boxes or devices that will let me stream netflix, kayo, iview, whatever else to my tv? I seem to remember fetch appears to be that but you have to have a subscription or something for it to work?

Get an adaptor for the HDMI to a different computer port? That's what I do (Mac).

On 30/01/2021 at 12:19 PM, marron said:

We've got a Nvidia Shield - https://www.nvidia.com/en-au/shield/

Runs Android software, so you can download anything that's available on the Play Store. Streams everything you could possibly want and you can also cast if you want, but we find we don't need to as we've installed most apps. It also is a media player with USB ports in case you want to watch your own stuff. You can also set-up a VPN on it. We currently connect to Kazakhstan through our VPN to watch A-League for free on YouTube. No more Murdoch in our house.  

If you or your kids are gamers, there's a huge gaming feature. You can play games directly on the box or cast games from your PC onto the TV and play via their own gaming controller.

It's a bit $$, but well worth the money. There's also a heap of sales always on, so shop around and you'll find yourself a bargain. 

3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Coming home and asking how my sons days was at school, to be told that ‘something incredible happened, I have a new teacher that is grumpier than you!.....

My wife said I should be happy that someone grumpier than me has been found...

:unknw:

It's clearly a lie.

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Coming home and asking how my sons days was at school, to be told that ‘something incredible happened, I have a new teacher that is grumpier than you!.....

My wife said I should be happy that someone grumpier than me has been found...

:unknw:

Is there anything we can do to help get you back to number 1...?

Insult Middlesborough or it's football team...? 

Insult your family,faith or intelligence....?

Critique some paintings...?

Get the formumites involed..?

Can't have you being number 2 mate. 

Edited by sonar
5 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Ohhhhh ****....just busted the wife fave coffee mug that she has had for around 15 years and was brought from the UK from a shop that no longer exists.....stupid cat thing was the picture on the mug..

Im ******* dead when she gets back :unsure:.....

Was there any text on the mug?

Maybe try a Google search of that :unknw:

22 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Ohhhhh ****....just busted the wife fave coffee mug that she has had for around 15 years and was brought from the UK from a shop that no longer exists.....stupid cat thing was the picture on the mug..

Im ******* dead when she gets back :unsure:.....

Sounds like the storm is going to arrive earlier than expected. :)

WRGMG: People who pull up at traffic lights and sit five metres back from the fecking line so that they’re not even on the pressure plate.

Then they continue to sit there doing **** all while missing three or four light sequences. They just sit there oblivious while everyone behind them is clearly getting frustrated.

There is a notorious one near my house and I swear to god this has happened to me like six times in the last couple of months. 

Beeping doesn’t work and people panic if you get out and knock on their window. My brother in law almost gave an old, little Asian man a heart attack because he did that after waiting at the lights for nearly 10mins.

We beeped multiple times and the cars behind us were too close for us to reverse and pull out around him. We didn’t have another choice. He refused to put down the window, but in his shock, he rolled the car forward slightly and the light finally changed :rolleyes: 

Do people not learn this when getting their license? 

It also GMG’s when people leave gaps in a queue that I could literally reverse park into. Move the **** up so more people can fit into the lane and you’re not blocking traffic from changing lanes or getting through an intersection. I can’t count the number of times I’ve been waiting to merge into a turning lane and miss a whole sequence of lights only to finally get through and realise half of them have left a truck sized gap in front of them and blocked everyone behind them. 

The only time you need to leave a bigger gap than you think is when you’re on a steep hill in traffic. Every other time, you’re just a wanker who got their license out of a cereal box and can’t drive for ****.

Rant Over.