Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

4 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Amazing how the Big 4 Banks kept getting found out while the Liberals voted against a Banking Royal Commission 27 times or whatever it was

The millions and millions of unjustly charged fees for no service and the billions in theoretical fines... all pale to “but my franking credits”

Plus the donations to the Libs, and the ex pollies getting jobs at banks. They all look after each other.

8 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Time to regulate again including bonuses 

I wonder what would happen if you were to say that if you can afford executive bonuses then you don't need govt subsidies or assistance. The squeals of protests would be very loud indeed.

Edited by sonar

So this makes it look like  the conservative ministers in the Federal Cabinet are acting corruptly and just a fair chunck of Taylor's electorate is up in flames

Josh Frydenberg was 'keen' to accommodate Angus Taylor's grassland requests, documents suggest https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/dec/20/josh-frydenberg-was-keen-to-accommodate-angus-taylors-grassland-requests-documents-suggest?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

5 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Looks like the supposed Prime Minister in waiting has lost his shine.

Analysis: Liberal insiders have sent a clear message as the climate change debate rages http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-21/angus-taylor-facing-the-ire-of-liberals-wanting-climate-action/11815000

:good:You'd hope this national catastrophe might be a turning point for the acceptance of CC by that side of politics...although I'm not sure it will be until it gets worse, and more prolonged.

I personally hope that the choking smoke, a product of our formerly magnificent ecosystems being decimated, is 10 times thicker above Cronulla, above Forestville (Tony Abbott's place) above wherever McCormack lives, above Barnaby Joyce's place....and above the Toaster (just for Alan Jones).

Simultaneously with all that, I hope there are blackouts, and their aircon goes down....for days.

I hope those who have voted them in, at some point in the future, turn on them.

And I hope that,  at some point in their lives,  these individuals (the politicians and their cronies)who have have held this country back, have to reckon with the consequences of what they have enabled.

I really hope for that....but I'm not sure if they are capable of self reflection or self  criticism.

A friend of mine rang ScumMo's office last week to pass on her thoughts about her RFS son-in-law ( a young father of 2 kids under 6) fighting fires for the past 6 weeks.. unpaid.

Her word  for what is happening is "obscenity".

There actually aren't any words to fully express what is happening,  nation wide, but it actually is much more of an obscenity than an outrage, which is what I'd previously called it.

Rant over....for now. :(:(

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

:good:You'd hope this national catastrophe might be a turning point for the acceptance of CC by that side of politics...although I'm not sure it will be until it gets worse, and more prolonged.

I personally hope that the choking smoke, a product of our formerly magnificent ecosystems being decimated, is 10 times thicker above Cronulla, above Forestville (Tony Abbott's place) above wherever McCormack lives, above Barnaby Joyce's place....and above the Toaster (just for Alan Jones).

Simultaneously with all that, I hope there are blackouts, and their aircon goes down....for days.

I hope those who have voted them in, at some point in the future, turn on them....and I hope that,  at some point in their lives,  they have to reckon with the consequences of what they have enabled.

A friend of mine rang ScumMo's office last week to pass on her thoughts about her RFS son in law ( a young father of 2 kids under 6) fighting fires for the past 6 weeks.. unpaid.

Her word  for what is happening is "obscenity".

There actually aren't any words to fully express what is happening,  nation wide, but it actually is much more of an obscenity than an outrage, which is what I'd previously called it.

Rant over....for now. :(:(

Well said. The volunteers should be given an ex-gratia payment to help them out especially coming up to Christmas 

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Yes....absolutely!

Make it immediate! 

Lol....not that that side of politics know anything about money, other than how to gouge it out of funding projects that might be worthwhile.

Unless it's spending on military hardware.

:(:(

Or giving money to their mates at the big end of town

In my earlier rant, forget to say that I hope ScumMo's q daughters skip school every Friday that a Kids School Climate Strike is called, and join Extinction Rebellion, getting themselves arrested every time they superglue themselves to George St....or wherever. 

Actually that one makes me smile to contemplate.

Oh and....I hope ScoMo's wife is busted for using a hose to save his garden as it shrivels under extreme water restrictions, made more severe by his state govt mates, who dont believe in CC, not  bringing the desal plant (that they probably objected to bing built by a Labor Govt that at least had the foresight to do something right) on line earlier.

PS That might be the longest sentence I ever composed. Gotta do something to while away the time on holid ays,  when you can't even walk outside without choking on smoke.

Nationals leader agrees more action needed on climate change as bushfires rage
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-21/michael-mccormack-acting-prime-minister-climate-change-bushfires/11821258

"self combusting piles of manure" eh?

FFS!

This guy is a steaming pile of manure. 

And these people are running the country. 

:xmad::xmad:

Here is a story that shows how the conservative federal government and the NSW Conservative government are in cahoots. They threaten a 13 year old with the Riot Squad 

I'm the 13-year-old police threatened to arrest at the Kirribilli House protest. This is why I did it https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/commentisfree/2019/dec/21/im-the-13-year-old-police-threatened-to-arrest-at-the-kirribilli-house-protest-this-is-why-i-did-it?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

i dont mind scott being out of the country during the fires because what does he offer? waste of oxygen he has no leadership the more time he spends out of the country the better however him trying to hide it from the media was nuts, he never learns from the Streisand effect, might as well be called the Morrison effect now, Brian Houston and his little trip are 2 examples of the Morrison effect

2 hours ago, Legionista said:

Interesting to see if Scomo cracks.

He needs to stay strong in the face of the hysterical left.

This is a poor under analysis. Australia likes their leaders strong and vocal. Scomo’s poor judgement in leaving the country while it burns, while we are in the news all over the planet, is political stupidity and not just noticed by your dumbass characterisation of the “hysterical left”. (Sorry Wendy, but it was dumbass...can’t be nice all the time)

Meanwhile they show Firefighters coming in from around the world....Canada, New Zealand, the US....no doubt on healthy pay packets whilst we let our volunteers take all their work leave, work around the clock and for some....die.....and the Prime Minister says they “want to be there” and doesn’t compensate them. I’m astounded not just at the lack of compassion (actually that doesn’t surprise me at all), but at the massive political misstep that this represents. Pathetic government, weak in their leadership and ignorant in their denialism. 

Edited by Cynth
2 hours ago, Legionista said:

Interesting to see if Scomo cracks.

He needs to stay strong in the face of the hysterical left.

He's getting roasted on his own hubris.......Christine Nixon comes to mind. Scott went to Hawaii because "he wanted to be there".

Edited by sonar
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic