Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

2 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

honestly as much as i enjoy the music the needing to prove they are hard is bullshit, onefour currently have 2 members in jail for assaulting people and imagine how better they could be doing if they were not

Agree.

He pulled a chair leg from his jacket, not exactly going in to have a civilised discussion.

On 04/12/2019 at 9:48 PM, sonar said:

Either he, or his office altered a government document.The City of Sydney council is a constituted local government authority.  Altering a statutory document, which this document was is, and then passing the document to the media ( Murdoch's Telegraph) all the while knowing it is altered my friend, is fraud. Clear and simple. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/dec/04/angus-taylor-says-he-has-point-of-contact-with-police-but-stays-silent-on-metadata

The letter that went to Moore on 30 September went out under the minister’s signature, and Taylor has already issued an unreserved apology to the lord mayor.

“It is now clear to me that the correspondence I sent you on 29 September 2019 included numbers that were not correct,” Taylor wrote to Moore. “Given this, I regret not clarifying those figures with you before writing, and relying on those figures in media commentary, I apologise unreservedly.”

Interesting. 

Thanks for the info. 

;-)

Australian Electoral Commission with funds. Wonder why?

Australia's election watchdog lacks power to investigate who is paying for Facebook political ads https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/dec/06/australias-election-watchdog-lacks-power-to-investigate-who-is-paying-for-facebook-political-ads?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

6 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Australian Electoral Commission with funds. Wonder why?

Australia's election watchdog lacks power to investigate who is paying for Facebook political ads https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/dec/06/australias-election-watchdog-lacks-power-to-investigate-who-is-paying-for-facebook-political-ads?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

This just in. The internet cannot be trusted. 

4 minutes ago, Legionista said:

This just in. The internet cannot be trusted. 

Just for old time's sake :cry:I look forward to you coming here... just once...to say something serious, thoughtful, insightful. -_--_-

So now we have "Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics" or is that accounting?

Coalition claims it will meet 2030 emissions target – but only by using accounting loophole https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/dec/07/coalition-claims-it-will-meet-paris-climate-targets-but-only-by-using-accounting-loophole?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

4 minutes ago, Bones said:

Makes sweet F.all difference in the big scheme of things anyway. We could do 10 times better or worse than whatever target there is, still makes F.all difference. 

so we shouldn’t bother then? 

Haha.

Of course it won't be sweet as.

But if we do **** all it will definitely not be sweet as, and there will be even less chance of developing any sort of sustainability for the future.

We can't control what others do, but we can control what we do.

In doing so, we can potentially develop practices and technologies that are viable for other places to adopt, so that they don't have the excuse that it's too hard.

For example.

If we had listened to the experts, we would not have been able to prevent these fires.

However we might have been able to control them better, with better resources.

Instead, because you can't admit to climate change, and you can't admit to government having in a role in large scale issues, we have this situation.

For example

If we had listened to the experts, we mightn't have most of the state ****ed by drought. Drought, yes; but better water management to take the edge off it, and maybe even not have towns that don't have a drop to drink.

For example

If we had listened to the experts, we might be on the way to developing sustainable energy tech, instead of killing off biodiversity, polluting what little water there is left, both of which is pretty important in having sustainable agriculture.

Signing up to targets, and meeting them through effort as opposed to lip service, these things help to encourage better practises.

Not bothering because its too hard or it's probably futile leads to maybe a bit of short term gain for some sectors - none of them vital to anything - and longterm pain for most of us.

19 hours ago, Bones said:

What a douchebag, more proof that South Australia is the real deal when it comes to contenders for biggest shitehole on the planet. I agree the “guy” shouldn’t lose his job but getting off without some form of punishment is fkd.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-06/sa-police-officer-who-stoned-wombat-allowed-to-stay-in-job/11775036

aboriginal privilege? :P

12 hours ago, Bones said:

We’re meeting our targets and are leaders in technological advances in renewable energy.

For example if we did what we’re doing now but there was a different political party in charge propaganda organisations like The Guardian would quickly change their tune. The Coalition is likely to lose the next election, then who do we blame?

You’re a loon, propaganda organisations like the Guardian! In the same post as we are meeting our targets

Edited by StringerBellend

Australia National University's regular post-election survey is showing voters are losing faith in democracy and trust politicians less than ever since the first survey was conducted in the 1960s.

Some reasons are new, like the increasing influence of the internet, but others are as old as politics, like having a good leader who can communicate sound economic policies.

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/am/canberra-on-the-nose-like-never-before/11778638

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Australia National University's regular post-election survey is showing voters are losing faith in democracy and trust politicians less than ever since the first survey was conducted in the 1960s.

Some reasons are new, like the increasing influence of the internet, but others are as old as politics, like having a good leader who can communicate sound economic policies.

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/am/canberra-on-the-nose-like-never-before/11778638

the sad thing is 3-4 years ago pretty much the same thing was said and politicians pretty much said they will do better and since then they have only done worse since then, say what you like about abbott and i have not much positive things to say about him but at least you knew what you were getting when voting for him but with morrison he is just full of **** in general he pretends to be normal but is just as nuts as abbott but at least with tony he didnt even try to hide how nuts he was

Please open this site and scroll to the bottom of the page.... at the bottom of the page there are 3 graphs ... they say it all...

This is a page kept by Farmers in Armidale in NSW, and is used by Farmers almost on a daily basic and has been for years... my sister who has a farm in Armidale sent it to me.

http://weatherarmidale.com/

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Please open this site and scroll to the bottom of the page.... at the bottom of the page there are 3 graphs ... they say it all...

This is a page kept by Farmers in Armidale in NSW, and is used by Farmers almost on a daily basic and has been for years... my sister who has a farm in Armidale sent it to me.

http://weatherarmidale.com/

On 07/12/2019 at 11:21 PM, Bones said:

We’re meeting our targets and are leaders in technological advances in renewable energy.

For example if we did what we’re doing now but there was a different political party in charge propaganda organisations like The Guardian would quickly change their tune. The Coalition is likely to lose the next election, then who do we blame?

Sure, maybe in the 1950s with Snowy Hydro

Elon Musk came in with the South Australian battery thing, but he's American.

What advances are there?

7 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

say what you like about abbott and i have not much positive things to say about him but at least you knew what you were getting when voting for him but with morrison he is just full of **** in general he pretends to be normal but is just as nuts as abbott but at least with tony he didnt even try to hide how nuts he was

Yes...I'm starting to dislike him more intensely than I did Abbott.

Abbott was dangerous (climate denial etc), but more cringewothy than anything else.

Morrison is a dictator in the making.

Ask him a legitimate question, and it's  "No I'm not discussing gossip. This is "Question Time, not Gossip Time".

Etc.

He doesnt give a **** for open govt. I reckon Trump gave him a few tips about how to not give a ****...and just brush off anything he doesnt like.

It's a disgrace.

35 minutes ago, Bones said:

Hmmm South Australian battery thing, you could possibly have answered your own question there. Plus I saw someone driving a Tesla down Mona Vale Rd the other day.

Those are American inventions

They're not due to Australian ingenuity. That's like saying iPhones and Samsung Notes are demonstrations of how advanced Australian telecommunications are.

55 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Yes...I'm starting to dislike him more intensely than I did Abbott.

Abbott was dangerous (climate denial etc), but more cringewothy than anything else.

Morrison is a dictator in the making.

Ask him a legitimate question, and it's  "No I'm not discussing gossip. This is "Question Time, not Gossip Time".

Etc.

He doesnt give a **** for open govt. I reckon Trump gave him a few tips about how to not give a ****...and just brush off anything he doesnt like.

It's a disgrace.

its depressing how if he doesnt like a question he just doesnt answer it, at least when tony did it, it was funny

at least he was brave enough to actually go on Q&A, watching that show right now its making me miss Turnbull so much, he is 100 times better than Scott

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic