Australian Stadiums Discussion (Excluding Parramatta)

44 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

FMD if allianz is dilapidated, then leichhardt must be fossilised.

Recent NRL crowds for Leichhardt

12208, 13405, 12649, 18634, 14246, 9216

Recent NRL Crowds for Allianz

8585, 9476, 7121, 16245

Highest HAL crowd at Allianz 

WSW v CCM GF 42102

Recent NRL crowds for ANZ

8912, 6213, 6826, 14141, 8247

5 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Shouldn't you compare apples with apples and put the recent smurf regular season crowds?

Anyway, 6k at ANZ... what a morbid atmosphere that would have been.

Here's some data from last season

-----------------------------------WSW          SFC          MV          BR

Highest                           61880        40143       43188      20198

Lowest                            7828          8380         14081         8113

Average                          17746        16001       22008      13892

Average ex-Derbies      11810        13989       19125      13892

Average ex-High/Low  14895       14499       20904      13845

Games above 15K              4               6               12            4

Games below 10K              4               1                 0             1

MEDIAN                          12,186        14,668     19,574    13,428

I said it loads of times, last year was a massive missed opportunity by the club. ANZ and Spotless extra capacity should have seen us go unarguably past smurfs. 

But our poor squad (with mariners levels of spend) resulted in poor results. Let's face it people like to see their team win, and play decent footy. 

Looks like club got the message and Should be different this year.

Going to be interesting to see how crowds go at spotless if we play well

11 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

I said it loads of times, last year was a massive missed opportunity by the club. ANZ and Spotless extra capacity should have seen us go unarguably past smurfs. 

But our poor squad (with mariners levels of spend) resulted in poor results. Let's face it people like to see their team win, and play decent footy. 

Looks like club got the message and Should be different this year.

Going to be interesting to see how crowds go at spotless if we play well

How much did we spend on our squad? 

46 minutes ago, matty said:

How much did we spend on our squad? 

Last year or this year? 

Last year we went into the season with one marquee, who was being paid for in part by his parent club. So we only spent a few 100k (was it 300?) over the cap. I'll assume we spent all of the cap.

The squad never looked strong enough to challenge and didn't until the mid season salvage job of getting vedran and antonis in

contrast that with what smurfs and city would have spent. Both having 2 marquees (plus the Cahill) 

This year if Bossi is to be believed we are out spending the smurfs. The two Spanish marquees on decent money

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Last year or this year? 

Last year we went into the season with one marquee, who was being paid for in part by his parent club. So we only spent a few 100k (was it 300?) over the cap. I'll assume we spent all of the cap.

The squad never looked strong enough to challenge and didn't until the mid season salvage job of getting vedran and antonis in

contrast that with what smurfs and city would have spent. Both having 2 marquees (plus the Cahill) 

This year if Bossi is to be believed we are out spending the smurfs. The two Spanish marquees on decent money

So we spent much more than ccm yeah? 

1 minute ago, matty said:

So we spent much more than ccm yeah? 

Last year we spent a bit more than them. I may have being exaggerating for a slight comic effect. But my point holds, we underspent last year compared to our rivals and had a poor squad, and a as a consequence poor results. Leading to poor crowds. In a year when we had a higher capacity stadium to fill. 

This year looks good though. Be interesting to see what sort of crowds a winning team will get at spotless 

7 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Difficult public transport, expensive parking, lack of surrounding venues and poor stadium layout for football.

I don't think our results will have too much sway on who does and doesn't come to be honest. 

Disagree mate.

If we have a season anywhere close to what the Smurfs had last year, we'll be getting 20k to Spotless regularly instead of 10k.

11 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Disagree about Spotless

We only had single seats available at Spotless for most of our matches. If you want to go with your family or a bunch of mates, how are you supposed to do that?

Maybe ANZ but even with 15-20 it is souless

I upgraded to red at the beginning of membership window last season. And we got seats together at both Spotless (opposite the centre circle) and ANZ ( in line with the northern end penalty box).

Having said that Spotless is crap for hearing the RBB but we just have to put up with it till the new stadium is opened.

3 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

My point was Paul, I don't see crowds flocking to Spotless. Even if there was an increase people coming to games, how would they be able to buy tickets? How would they be able to sit together in groups?

Maybe with the reduction in membership atm about 5000 there should be more seats. And if the club has been listening, which they appear to have, there should be seats available together.

5 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

tickets available at ticketek or ticketmaster. on those websites you can buy tickets together in groups, or often there is a general admission are located in the stadium where people can sit wherever they like.

Interesting, online there are generally very few tickets. Single available only.

3 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Maybe with the reduction in membership atm about 5000 there should be more seats. And if the club has been listening, which they appear to have, there should be seats available together.

Last year we had 16.5k seated members out of 19k. How many of those seated members did we lose from last season? Be interesting to find out.

There needs to be more incentive for people to sell back their ticket if they can't make the game. It's these couple of years whilst away from home that the club should be trialling and experimenting with different processes.

If they can nail this and build a routine with members then there is no reason why the new Parra stadium should have phantom sellouts and ever have issues with capacity. Should be 75-100% capacity every game no dramas regardless of member numbers.

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

There needs to be more incentive for people to sell back their ticket if they can't make the game. It's these couple of years whilst away from home that the club should be trialling and experimenting with different processes.

If they can nail this and build a routine with members then there is no reason why the new Parra stadium should have phantom sellouts and ever have issues with capacity. Should be 75-100% capacity every game no dramas regardless of member numbers.

I think the only way we are going to get a huge take up on a sell back process would be to offer monetary incentives. Or if not monetary, credit towards merchandise, stadium food or other tickets. 

The club only needs to offer a reward of say $10 to sell back your ticket to a game. If a family can't make it, there's $40 in their pocket. That will get people a little bit more interested.

I think they need to make the process a lot simpler and straight forward than it is now. It's a pain to go into the members portal and find the place to transfer your tickets, let alone find where the buy-back option is. 

Set up a dedicated website. Two options on the front page. Transfer Tickets or Sell Back Tickets. Select your option then put in your membership number or details. Select which tickets you are sending and enter the recipients email or select which tickets you are selling and hit okay. 

The reward can't just be when the ticket is re-sold either. If people don't see a reward straight away, they are going to stop doing it.

Also, it would not be hard to find out which members are not showing up and targeting them with emails and comms about using their tickets. Missing a couple of games a year is fine, but people who buy and sit in their ticket for the entire season bar one or two games, need a kick up the back-side. 

This is where I think the club should be offering and pushing 3 or 5 game packages. Put the derbies in there, the Vic games and another one or two big games and sell them under the guise of guaranteeing your seat at the biggest games of the year. If people know they have a seat for those games, they might take the cheaper option and then that opens up seats for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

My point was Paul, I don't see crowds flocking to Spotless. Even if there was an increase people coming to games, how would they be able to buy tickets? How would they be able to sit together in groups?

The crowds would increase significantly if more people who already have tickets turn up.

3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

As at 25-8 last year membership was 16,845 and today it is 15,148.  Will membership sales increase with good showings in the Cup and leading into Oct or is the lower sales reflective of the feeling about Spotless and/or governance issues?

I liked the opt in system people suggested earlier

Get a text from the club a week out or so, to opt-in to be able to use your season pass for that home game. Deadline maybe Tuesday or something. Or have an internet option as well so those without mobile phone access don't get disadvantaged or whatever

That way, if that's made public - people know that there is a ticket sale on Wednesday when those un-opted members seats get released. Which will stop this stupid Ticketek "release section by section but don't tell anyone when each section gets released" farce that happens now

4 hours ago, Unlimited said:

I liked the opt in system people suggested earlier

Get a text from the club a week out or so, to opt-in to be able to use your season pass for that home game. Deadline maybe Tuesday or something. Or have an internet option as well so those without mobile phone access don't get disadvantaged or whatever

That way, if that's made public - people know that there is a ticket sale on Wednesday when those un-opted members seats get released. Which will stop this stupid Ticketek "release section by section but don't tell anyone when each section gets released" farce that happens now

No

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic