What Floats Your Boat 4

So karma bit me in the butt the other day. After bragging on here that I didn't mind self-serve checkouts and that they were easy to use, I got my comeuppance.

Went to Kmart the other night for various things including a gift for Balks' goddaughter. This was late in the evening and we had about 10 things we wanted to purchase. They only had the self-serve registers open and one young teenage boy looking after them. 

We line up and wait for about 10mins while 4 people in front of us stuff around with the machines and call the young guy over multiple times. All the while I'm standing there cursing them under my breath and thinking back to Wendy's post.

We finally get to a register and put about five items through. I need to start a new bag, so I wait until the light goes green and take the bag out of the bagging area. I then get a loud flashing warning that an item has been removed from the bagging area. So I put it back and then I get a loud flashy message that there's an unexpected item in the bagging area.

Have to call over the young guy for the first time to override the system. 

I then go about scanning the rest of my items. However I must have scanned too quickly because then I get message about a double weight issue. And I get the same message for the next three items I scan. All in all, the young guy came over 4 times  to fix the machine. 

All I could do was laugh and remember to not be so high and mighty next time because karma is a funny bitch. 

11 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

So karma bit me in the butt the other day. After bragging on here that I didn't mind self-serve checkouts and that they were easy to use, I got my comeuppance.  :cheeky:

Went to Kmart the other night for various things including a gift for Balks' goddaughter. This was late in the evening and we had about 10 things we wanted to purchase. They only had the self-serve registers open and one young teenage boy looking after them. 

We line up and wait for about 10mins while 4 people in front of us stuff around with the machines and call the young guy over multiple times. All the while I'm standing there cursing them under my breath   :P:P  and thinking back to Wendy's post. :angry::angry:         :(

We finally get to a register and put about five items through.  :unsure::unsure: I need to start a new bag, so I wait until the light goes green and take the bag out of the bagging area. I then get a loud flashing warning that an item has been removed from the bagging area.   :rofl::rofl: 

So I put it back and then I get a loud flashy message that there's an unexpected item in the bagging area. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Have to call over the young guy for the first time to override the system.  :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I then go about scanning the rest of my items. However I must have scanned too quickly because then I get message about a double weight issue. :rofl::rofl:

And I get the same message for the next three items I scan.  :rofl: All in all, the young guy came over 4 times  to fix the machine.  :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

All I could do was laugh and remember to not be so high and mighty next time because karma is a funny bitch.  :hi:

Hehehehehehe! I let the emojis tell the story of my reactions to your post!

PS I only had the assistant come reset my machine 3 times! :db:

Thank you for posting! :grouphug:

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

PS I saw the young girl who was working in that area of the night of my first self serve fiasco on my pleasant and civilised exit from Big W, via the proper checkouts, the last time I was there!

She's a pretty girl....with a permanent smile on her face!

On the night I encountered her....with her permanent smile, I figured her entertainment at my irritation might have been specifically because of me...even though she was running between the various terminals.

Watching her doing the same thing last time made me think she must have one of the most amusing jobs in the world!!  :xnod:

1 hour ago, mack said:

:smurfnono:

Hmmmmm....

Well...I look forward to hearing reports from you of trying to take 6 pillows, 2 beach towels and 2 garden hoses thru a self serve checkout at Big W.

And until you can report back that you have done so................well.......................you have no right to be so smug, young man!  :P

:):)

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Hmmmmm....

Well...I look forward to hearing reports from you of trying to take 6 pillows, 2 beach towels and 2 garden hoses thru a self serve checkout at Big W.

And until you can report back that you have done so................well.......................you have no right to be so smug, young man!  :P

Why did you try n take all that crap through a self serve????  I only use ss checkouts when I have things that will fit in to the bags! :P 

1 hour ago, sonar said:

When I take my elderly Dad shopping and he suggests using self service I politely decline saying " I'm trying to get out of the habit of swearing at machines". 

To be honest, when I go shopping with my dad I get him to use the machines to stop him swearing at the checkout worker.....

But as a rule I try and NEVER go shopping with my dad, terrible terrible experience .....taking a 2 year old would be easier, no IS easier...

"

Edited by WSWBoro
11 hours ago, WSWBoro said:

To be honest, when I go shopping with my dad I get him to use the machines to stop him swearing at the checkout worker.....

But as a rule I try and NEVER go shopping with my dad, terrible terrible experience .....taking a 2 year old would be easier, no IS easier...

"

Alternatively, you could secure the old man in the stroller with a dummy in his mouth to make the experience at least similar :crazy:

1 hour ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Alternatively, you could secure the old man in the stroller with a dummy in his mouth to make the experience at least similar :crazy:

Back in 2011 when I was last in the UK I was on my way to the Boro match with him when he announced, just need to pop in and go and buy some underpants, the elastic is going in these ones (prob had them since 1972). So there I am excited about the Boro game, wanting a few beers and there is the old man chuntering on about the price of underpants these days, not the quality they were, will last 2 weeks these, and I bet they were made in china. He selected what he wanted after agggggeeeeesss, a 3 for the price of 2 offer type offer on the packs of them, but apparently one of the packs he selected wasn't part of the 3 for 2 deal so he kicked off because they were in that area......I am just backing slowly away pretending not to be with him....everything is a ******* drama....

I mean, who the **** buys underpants on the way to a football game..........******* nutter, 

Edited by WSWBoro
14 hours ago, WSWBoro said:

You know what Wendy is like when she has had a few :rolleyes:

Some get angry, some go quiet, some do triple posting and barge though self service checkouts with over sized items lol

;)

Hahahaha! :P

Re "and barge though self service checkouts with over sized items lol"...

It was hardly a "barge though"  unfortunately....more like a "park the bus - lol!" :xnod:

14 hours ago, JackDoff said:

Why did you try n take all that crap through a self serve????  I only use ss checkouts when I have things that will fit in to the bags! :P 

Don't make me relive the experience!! :wacko:

But the short version is that twice, I found myself at Big W in the last hour of trading....and they shut down the regular checkout. I'd already loaded up with the stuff I went there to get (not knowing at least the first time that SS was on offer).

Second time, I was dragged in there without expecting to be there...sort of.

Won't get caught out again though going so late.

36 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Back in 2011 when I was last in the UK I was on my way to the Boro match with him when he announced, just need to pop in and go and buy some underpants, the elastic is going in these ones (prob had them since 1972). So there I am excited about the Boro game, wanting a few beers and there is the old man chuntering on about the price of underpants these days, not the quality they were, will last 2 weeks these, and I bet they were made in china. He selected what he wanted after agggggeeeeesss, a 3 for the price of 2 offer type offer on the packs of them, but apparently one of the packs he selected wasn't part of the 3 for 2 deal so he kicked off because they were in that area......I am just backing slowly away pretending not to be with him....everything is a ******* drama....

I mean, who the **** buys underpants on the way to a football game..........******* nutter, 

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's made my morning. I do have sympathy for you (that story rates well on the 'parents are embarrassing' scale), but that is funny as ****.

42 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

PS That post deserved more than just a "like" Boro!

:rofl::rofl:

EDIT Some guy beat me to it! Yes - spot on to his comment!

• mack locked this topic