Australian National Discussion V3

mack

1 hour ago, luisenrique said:

No doubt. I still think he's nailed on to get it though sadly.

I think the  arnie 4-2-3-1 probably suits the national team as it is the best chance of getting any World Cup  points with our current playing stocks .

As much I I loved ange's positive formation , in the end I didn't see much evidence we could pull it off . 

3 hours ago, TheSweeper said:

I think the  arnie 4-2-3-1 probably suits the national team as it is the best chance of getting any World Cup  points with our current playing stocks .

As much I I loved ange's positive formation , in the end I didn't see much evidence we could pull it off . 

I'd prefer Arnie to Ange for sure, even though I feel dirty saying it.

6 hours ago, TheSweeper said:

what was positive about Ange's formation? Two at the front? Does that make it positive? Or was it the 5 at the back when parking the bus, or the 3 at the back that left us under extreme pressure every time the opposition moved forward?

Ange's formation sucked.

29 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

what was positive about Ange's formation? Two at the front? Does that make it positive? Or was it the 5 at the back when parking the bus, or the 3 at the back that left us under extreme pressure every time the opposition moved forward?

Ange's formation sucked.

The FFA got two more home games to get more revenue. ( Syria/Honduras) 

5 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

Ange's formation sucked.

Didnt always suck  had some good moments . Personally I think a lot  of bad mistakes by Gk. defenders and mids led to goals against us . 

Tried  going from boring but sometimes effective  4-2-3-1 to a  higher risk 3-5-2 or was it 3-3-1-3 bielsa style  at times .

Maybe  that formation was not the right one for the players he had but I'm glad he gave it a go . Had the balls to do it which is more than 99% of national team coaches . 

U23 Selections by Milicic in January based on the order of our opposition in January and first weekend in February (if they make it to the final, the last game will be on the 26th January). There is a selection of European based players with Gersbach, Hrustic, Demi Juric, Riley McGree, Nizic, Aidan O’Neill, Popovic, Susnjar (never heard of him but must play with Golgol.

WSW Aspro, Baccus Jnr, Sotirio

Heartless Kamau, Mauk, Tongyik

Brisbane: none 

Adelaide: Izzo, Blackwood, Garuccio

Phoenix: none

Melb Vic: Deng

Perth: Wilson

Mariners: Buhagiar, De Silva, Glover, 

10 hours ago, TheSweeper said:

Didnt always suck  had some good moments . Personally I think a lot  of bad mistakes by Gk. defenders and mids led to goals against us . 

Tried  going from boring but sometimes effective  4-2-3-1 to a  higher risk 3-5-2 or was it 3-3-1-3 bielsa style  at times .

Maybe  that formation was not the right one for the players he had but I'm glad he gave it a go . Had the balls to do it which is more than 99% of national team coaches . 

Isn't that the issue though? Those players were always going to make those mistakes playing that formation. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2017 at 3:28 PM, Paul01 said:

U23 Selections by Milicic in January based on the order of our opposition in January and first weekend in February (if they make it to the final, the last game will be on the 26th January). There is a selection of European based players with Gersbach, Hrustic, Demi Juric, Riley McGree, Nizic, Aidan O’Neill, Popovic, Susnjar (never heard of him but must play with Golgol.

WSW Aspro, Baccus Jnr, Sotirio

Heartless Kamau, Mauk, Tongyik

Brisbane: none 

Adelaide: Izzo, Blackwood, Garuccio

Phoenix: none

Melb Vic: Deng

Perth: Wilson

Mariners: Buhagiar, De Silva, Glover, 

So the A-League clubs will most likely lose their players from Round 14. Worst affected are Adelaide and the Mariners. 

Adelaide lose 2-3 starting players. 

Mariners lose their playmaker.

We lose 2 starting players in Aspro and Baccus Jnr but have players to replace them.

Melb Vic are down to one centreback who is suspended for the next round.

• 3 weeks later...

U23s

3-1 win v Syria formation 4-1-4-1

0-1 loss v Vietnam formation 4-3-3

? V Korea Republic formation 4-2-3-1

Baccus Jnr played against Vietnam, Aspro not selected in any game. Last campaign he was captain under Gombau

The majority of our attacking youth would be better suited to 100m sprinting and wouldn’t need to worry about controlling a ball, because they simply can’t.

It’s also more than just a coincidence that since the junior curriculum in this country has moved further and further away from playing for results, that we can’t get any once these kids hit the big time... we have zero winning mentality 

Bossi article, but if true...

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/david-gallop-heads-to-europe-looking-for-shortterm-coach-to-take-socceroos-to-world-cup-20180121-h0lsqc.html

So...get an overseas coach who has no idea about our players to take over just 4 months before the WC, then let Arnie come in and coach long-term?

Is it just me, or does that seem the opposite of what they should do? Doesn't it make sense to get the local who can hit the ground running to take over for WC, and then an experienced coach long-term?

Hard to see the likes of Van Gaal giving a **** if we get pumped at the WC.

Funny that when they wanted Ange they stole him from Victory and then argued about the compensation. But when Arnie's in the mix they let him finish the season first.

36 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

yep don't want arnie going to a world cup 

unless there is VAR, then maybe he wins it :cheeky:

Anyone know if Arnie is mates with Infantino? If he is, Arnie would have a chance.

But it looks like someone based in Europe will get the gig because FFA don't have any money to give to their pets in blue for compensation for breaking the DHs contract

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic